• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#NaNoWriMo2016

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
  • ahaha... i sure fell off the wagon real quick lmao. I still want to try to publish a fic by the end of the month though!

Delirious Absol

Call me Del
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Now Sun's out, after a break from writing for a few days, I decided to start typing up my play through of the game. I'm at just shy of 38k now! I think I've got my writing groove back. Was beginning to worry I might fail NaNo again XD

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Currently at 28,751 words in total.

I'm not as ahead as I would like to be, since work keeps me from getting decent sleep. But I left work early yesterday to play Pokemon get some sleep, and I should be good to start catching up.

Bay

Years
  • Tbh I sort of quit NaNo early on because I felt unmotivated after negativity from others towards a series I planned to write, hitting roadbumps on some of my writing, and also didn't think through on some of my ideas enough. Right now I just want to be distracted by Pokemon lol. It's good though you guys are progressing through!

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    11/30/2016 10:10 PM EST

I too have finished NaNoWriMo, for the first time ever.

I wrote a total of 50,011 words. It was a struggle to get through the writing some days, including today. I actually got the last hundred words by quickly editing more paragraphs into the end of a chapter I finished earlier this month.

What did I write this month?

-Two short stories
    -10 pages of random scenes for one novella(?)
    -3 pages of another novella
    -3 pages of book five(!!) of a series based on Digimon
    -1 chapter of a MLP fic
    -4 pages of book four(!!) of a series based on Digimon, which is one scene that unnerved me
    -3 pages of an idea I've been tossing around
    -2 chapters of a fic for another fandom, all of which I wrote by hand, which meant I had to count all the words and add them up
    -2 pages of book two(!) of a series based on Digimon
    -Finished 1 chapter and started two of book one of a series based on Digimon, which is my main project

Now that NaNo is over, I've been debating about continuing next month writing either 25,000 or 20,000 words for the month of December. I'll see where 25,000 words gets me and see if I have to drop the number for January.

But for now, I have to catch up on all the Adult Responsibilities I didn't do during November, and try to recover 99% of the friendships I ignored the past month.

I listened to a lot of Bruno Mars the past month. I can now recognize 24K Magic in just a few notes.

Delirious Absol

Call me Del
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    I've also finished NaNo for the first time ever! Hit 50,156 words! I wrote a combination of things, but heavily focused on the back story for my dystopian 'fic. I also started writing up my play through of Sun towards the end of November, but scrapped it and pulled my installment off Wattpad as it was just so dull and cheesy... so I won't be posting it anywhere! It's so hard to write a direct playthrough of a game! Shame because Sun and Moon's plot is amaaaaazing. I might have to try again some other time, albeit trainer 'fics are not my forte XD

Congrats to all who reached their goals! =D

Back