• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Who else misses Kalos?

xXLunaSolXx

I don't miss Kalos that much. I never liked it and think X and Y are one of the worst games in the franchise.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    I'd love another game in Kalos! In my opinion, it's an interesting region, but the easiness of Pokemon X and Y pretty much dragged the region down with it.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Yeah, I'm in the no-kalos group here. Just didn't interest me that much. Not sure if it was the pokemon, or the people, or the culture, or some combination of all of them, but it felt kinda boring and rushed to me tbh. Although to be fair, 3d was a huge jump from the 2d graphics of gen 5, so I can give them credit where it's needed.

Years
  • Kalos was an interesting region, but like many people know, the cons often outweigh the pros as far as XY's gameplay is concerned. Still, having a region based on France was awesome, especially considering Game Freak did a lot of research on the country when designing the region.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2017
    I really want to love Kalos but its flaws are just too numerous. I genuinely cannot remember the last time I picked up my copy of X version and played through it after I beat the game. I love the features, but the lack of a memorable evil team (Team Flare is really boring) alongside a pretty confusing plot and add on to the fact that your rivals aren't really that interesting, and there's no real reason (for me, at least) to pay through Kalos again.

I must say, you and everyone else has brought up a lot of valid points! For me i just really liked the aesthetic of the game! I put 800 hours in the game and the breeding i think is what caused me to play so much of it!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Kalos was nice, but it certainly wasn't my favourite of the regions. It would be cool to revisit it, but there are other regions I'd much rather revisit first.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    yeah i would love to go back to kalos. i was pretty sad when a third game never came about for it and I'm guessing one never will. i think a third game could do a lot of justice. the region itself was fun to explore and the pokemon were a huge step up after what bw gave us

Back