• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat: What even is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
Years
  • I got 117 GB on Google Drive, but only because when I bought my LG G4 it came bundled with 2 years of 100 GB of storage space, plus the 2 GB that were given last year if you completed the security check, and finally the usual 15 GB.
    At home I have a 2 TB external drive which I mostly use to store family memories, programs, Steam backups, and some ISOs... I also connected it to the LAN so every computer connected to the network can access it.

Years
  • So far, Google is the only of the major cloud services to offer 15 GB for free, afaik. Man, I remember back when Google Drive, OneDrive, and Dropbox all did that. xD

Raffy98

Years
  • I used to use OneDrive a lot (at the time it was called SkyDrive)... good ol' days. :')

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • So far, Google is the only of the major cloud services to offer 15 GB for free, afaik. Man, I remember back when Google Drive, OneDrive, and Dropbox all did that. xD

Mega gives you 50GB storage if you sign up for an account, though you have to deal with managing end to end encryption keys.

Years
  • I'd really rather not use Mega, especially after what happened with the last operation owned by Kim Dotcom.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • I haven't really worried with them, although I did save them to my laptop so if I ever forgot my password I'd have the key to get back in. I've got too many passwords though and it's slowly getting out of hand :x
    This makes organizing your password database with proper URLs and names more important. ;P
    I'd really rather not use Mega, especially after what happened with the last operation owned by Kim Dotcom.

I haven't used it myself but pcloud is an alternative that offers 20GB of free storage.

Years
  • Thing is I don't maintain a database, rather, I use Google's autocomplete and it works most of the time for my needs. However, I don't like making completely new passwords simply because if I do have to maintain a database of usernames/passes, I may not always be able to access that database, say, if I'm at school or something, or if it's super urgent and I don't have the time.
    If you store your passwords via Google Chrome, you can actually access them from a new browser/anywhere as long as you know your Google password by default. :P

https://passwords.google.com

Raffy98

Years
  • Yesterday I replaced the old HDD in my dad's laptop with a new Samsung SSD, it's like it's a new computer, god bless SSDs. (I'm now left with a spare 5400 RPM SATA II 500gb HDD, I don't know how I will use it yet lol, probably inside my desktop for even more storage).
    The only thing left is to clean the little fan but with the complicated HP design, I will most likely have to take the whole thing apart.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Yesterday I replaced the old HDD in my dad's laptop with a new Samsung SSD, it's like it's a new computer, god bless SSDs. (I'm now left with a spare 5400 RPM SATA II 500gb HDD, I don't know how I will use it yet lol, probably inside my desktop for even more storage).
    The only thing left is to clean the little fan but with the complicated HP design, I will most likely have to take the whole thing apart.
    I put an SSD (Samsung 850 EVO) in my laptop as well, and I couldn't be happier. It works out in the long run mainly because I rarely use my laptop these days, so storage size wasn't really that big of a deal for me.

Years
  • Ahead of the storm, I charged all my devices overnight... or at least I thought it was all of them. -_- I woke up to see my Moto G didn't charge at all and now will have to wait for that to charge up.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I think it's best to charge many devices early just in case of emergency like this, Zach. I guess I should remind myself to not delay the charging until it's quite too late, then. Because well, one of my phones seems to run out of juice much quicker once it drops to 15%.

Raffy98

Years
  • I hope you also have some power banks, very handy in situations like this one.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Finally got a desktop computer. The screen is so big and beautiful. Now to transfer all my music over...

Cordeline

7th Horizon: Märchen
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    I have a quick question that maybe you can help, and I don't think it deserves its own thread so... Here it goes ^-^ (and sorry for it being so dumb, I just don't know the English term for this).

What's the name of photos taken via satellite? Basically I want to search for more images like the wallpapers included in Nexus photos:

https://wallpapersafari.com/w/8rSRnK/
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5ZG0qvdT9AU/Vg6lfn-uy4I/AAAAAAAAF2E/_wJPvl61_WU/s1600/Nexus_5X.jpg
    https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/D...30OVclDJ0cIrah0fdPAHWsxs_0f7mtJ9Qsh_qP4Q=h900

I'm sucking at explaining myself here but I want photos taken FROM satellites. I have tried searching for "satellite images", "satellite imagery" and other similar terms and all I see are photos of actual satellites and antenna dishes, which is not what I want.

I was able to get some results with "drone photography", but Satellite photography has bigger "range" if that makes any sense.

Thank you anyone who can help ^-^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back