• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Daily Chit-Chat: What even is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TY

I love to build PC's nowadays. In the past I bought them pre-built cause I didn't felt like building something to only break one thing, now I built my own PC and soon I'm allowed to build (and quite possibly break) my sister's PC when she has all the parts needed.

All of that started cause I got a new graphics card cause my old PC was a bit outdated.

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
    Years
  • I love to build PC's nowadays. In the past I bought them pre-built cause I didn't felt like building something to only break one thing, now I built my own PC and soon I'm allowed to build (and quite possibly break) my sister's PC when she has all the parts needed.

All of that started cause I got a new graphics card cause my old PC was a bit outdated.

Yeah it's amazing, it really feels like it's your PC. :D

TY

Yeah it's amazing, it really feels like it's your PC. :D

I love it. Except the parts where things do not work as intended... like I had with my case's lightning being broken (and to this day it never will reach every color feelsbadman)

TY

My PC has a i7-7700K in it along with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070, 16 GB RAM DDR4 from Corsair, an ASUS motherboard and for once in my lifetime not a stock cooler xD

and a case which lost its purple and blue lights :(

Guess my IT course helped out a lot on my confidence to build a PC :P

TY

I'm hoping to start getting parts together for a build on Cyber Monday and perhaps Boxing Week. With a job that actually pays me to be able to afford things, it's finally an option. I'm still trying to decide on some other options though, such as how much RAM I want and what kinds of storage I want, but I'm slowly making up my mind.

What kind of specs are you aiming for? :o

TY

Right now I'm focusing on games and building software, so I'm thinking on 16-24GB RAM to satisfy the needs of Unity as well as more demanding games. For storage, I'm thinking on two smaller SSDs, one to boot Windows and one for Linux, and then some larger disk drives for storage.

That's pretty sick tbh. I want to eventually have a dualboot in my PC but I can't come up with a reason to have Linux atm since all I do rn is play games. GLHF with it! :D

Raffy98

Years
  • That looks promising.

I built mine back in 2014, it has an i5-4570, a Radeon R9 270X, 8GB of RAM, an MSI Z87-G41, 2 1TB HDDs and a 120Gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD.
    It also featured an AIO cooler (it was a Cooler Master Seidon 120v) but its pump died so now I'm back at using the stock cooler. :( rip.

TY

I know the stock cooler struggle... I had mine for a long time untill my grand idea to rebuild my PC... I was the laughing stock at my school's LAN party cause of it (it looked ridiculous).

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Can I get some help? How do I troubleshoot a keyboard issue? Sometimes the letters don't appear on the screen, no matter how many times I hit the key. It takes repetitive POUNDING to get them on. It's a new wireless keyboard. Is it a keyboard issue, a wireless issue, or something else?

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    <p></p><p>Is it only occurring when you first start typing, or in the middle of typing something? I'd suspect a few things, either driver failure, or if that's not the case, it could be a malfunctioning device. Have you tried using it on something else?</p><p>

In the middle of typing. Letters that I am sure I am hitting don't appear. I even look down at the keyboard to make sure I am hitting the letters and nothing happens. Haven't tried using it on anything else yet.

Raffy98

Years
  • In the middle of typing. Letters that I am sure I am hitting don't appear. I even look down at the keyboard to make sure I am hitting the letters and nothing happens. Haven't tried using it on anything else yet.

If it works fine on another device then that's a driver issue, but if it also doesn't work properly on another device then you received a defective keyboard which you shall return if you can.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    The whole computer is borked now, USB ports not working, programs not loading, etc. Sending it back for a refund.

My laptop (which I am currently using) is faster than the new computer. I don't understand how that's possible.

Years
  • The whole computer is borked now, USB ports not working, programs not loading, etc. Sending it back for a refund.
    What kind of computer is it? Seems odd that you're experiencing those issues with a new tower.

Also, have you had any power surges recently?

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    What kind of computer is it? Seems odd that you're experiencing those issues with a new tower.

Also, have you had any power surges recently?

It's not a new tower. It was an all-in-one. I sadly don't have room for a tower.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back