• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Shine bright... like a Unova shiny!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Which is the worst design? Which is the coolest? Share your thoughts, maybe we have the same favourite designs!! :) Below are some of mine, what about you?

ofc never actually GOT them but the thought counts lol

569s.png
    500s.png
    547s.png
    526s.png
    544s.png
    571s.png
    579s.png
    585s.png
    591s.png
    611s.png
    617s.png
    628s.png
    623s.png
    643s.png
    640s.png

Years
  • Shiny Zorua and Braviary have really nice blue tones, as does Fraxure, so they're probably my favourites.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I love a lot of the Unova shinies. They're so pretty! I love that Amoonguss is a Master Ball, ha ha.

I'm biased, Virizion is my favorite. But shiny Reshiram is fantastic as well, it's definitely my second favorite (it would probably be my favorite if it was available in gen 5); I'm so grateful it's obtainable in ORAS!

Years
  • I think the best Unova shiny is Zorua. To me the blue in his shiny looks mystical like a tribal ocher a shaman in a cave painted his face with. Not only is this my favorite gen 5 shiny but Zorua is one of my favorite shinies ever. He'd be in my top 5 with Shiny Milotic, shiny Rayquaza (regular or primal) , shiny Rapidash and shiny Mega Gardy.

Back to strictly Unova i was pleasantly surprised by Gigalith's shiny. He's one of my favorite gen 5 Pokemon and I enjoyed seeing him turn into living treasure, its like turquoise being mined out of his back. I think the Haxorus line is also interesting, can't decide whether I prefer shiny Haxorus or Shiny Fraxure-- when in doubt add black to a dragon and all will be well :)

Last but not least let's talk about shiny Scolipede. He looks even more poisonous with those neon markings. I just feel like I've taken a trip to the rainforests and have stumbled upon a tree covered with poison dart frogs and other exotic creatures when I see this shiny.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Many cool blue shinies in Unova! My fav was always Emboar, but also pink/gold Reshiram was adorable c:

4fcd8dabc62434729b9233e17d41646a0679ea16_hq.gif

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • I have never actually encountered or hatched a shiny in any Unova games, but I hope to get a Tepig and a Axew eventually via hatching :P

Sirfetch’d

Gigalith is one of my top shinies ever! I think the blue is such a fitting color and makes it look way better than the original

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    It's true tbh @ an earlier point. Unova really is the best region as far as blue shinies go. In fact honestly I think the shinies in this gen are better than the two after it. I know everyone hated on 7 and 6 wasn't too popular lol

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Yup, this gen has a lot of cool, blue(-ish) shinies. I personally would like to hunt Tepig, Audino and Kyurem. Too bad Reshiram is shiny locked.

Years
  • My fave 5th Gen shiny probably has to be Chandelure, since I do love how great it looks with orange flames. I do have to give praise to Emboar as well for its blue flame.

Back