• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could add a new type into pokemon what would it be?

Years
  • This is a hard one because a lot of the obvious ones already exist but there's always room for more, just look a fairy types!

Personal I'd like to see a pure type, I haven't quite thought out the logistics of that one.

Or maybe a wood type, kinda of like ground and rock... there would be wood and grass.

Wood would be more of a study defensive type.

Anyone else got any interesting ideas on this?

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • We have quite a few types as it is but the only thing I can think of would be a Gas Type. Got Ice, Rock and Ground portraying Solid states, Water for liquid and now Gas for the third physical state(although one could argue Ghost fills this). Haven't even ironed out what it'd be good against and vice versa but perhaps it can be what the Normal Type isn't: Completely neutral across the board.

Last edited:

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
    Years
  • Probably a type based on materials: glass, plastic, polymer, magical shards etc.

Not sure what it would be called or its mechanics though, but if it is something like glass, then that would let normal types have something to be super-effective against.

Years
  • A light type of course.

*troll face*

Maybe a heal type too xD And a music type.

Man I remember before G/S/C came out there were so many rumours about there being both a light and dark type and also that there was going to be a mewthree

I think a music type would be pretty cool to be honest.

If Pokemon ever really needed a new type, a Cosmic type would certainly be interesting for the more... space-esque Pokemon out there like Deoxys, Clefairy family, Solrock Lunatone, Cresselia maybe, etc...

I think cosmic would be a great addition, specially for the Clefairy family as I really don't think fairy suits it that well and there are so a vast amount of 'space' pokemon.

Last edited by a moderator:

PokebladeRED

Trainer of Charizard since 1998
    Years
  • I was thinking of a type who can counter the Fairy type but being weak against Dragon Type, and i found out the Wyrm type.

The Wyrm type Pokemon will be snake/worm/slug looking Pokemon.

Effective against Fairy, Wyrm and Water Pokemon
    Not very effective against Dragon and Darkness Pokemon
    Immunized against Fairy type
    Resist to Water, Electrik and Insect type

The Pokemons actually existing (or could be existing for Eevee ^^ )i was thinking for that type are actually:

Servine
    Serperior
    Ekans
    Arbok
    Seviper
    Onix (with a regional form who shall be Wyrm/Ground)
    Steelix (with a regional form who shall be Wyrm/Steel)
    Shuckle (Wyrm/Bug in a regional form)
    Huntail
    Gorebyss
    Eelektrik
    Eelektross
    Sliggoo
    Goodra
    Wyrmeon ( a Wyrm Eevelution type )
    Gyarados ( Water/Wyrm regional form)
    Slugma
    Magcargo
    Accelgor
    Milotic

So about 20 Pokemon ^^

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • A machine type. Or a man-made type. Everyone of such a type will be an inanimate object, a vehicle, a robot, or basically any kind of inanimate object in general.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I feel like the Steel type is enough of a Machine type already, even if for example Electrode isn't Steel typed.

I'd like a Sound type! There already are plenty of moves and pokemon that can get their type changed - Loudred for example would def be Normal/Sound, Jigglypuff Fairy/Sound etc.

Years
  • Other than going for Light and Sound types, maybe some sort of Antimatter type? I've got absolutely no idea how it would work, but I think it would be a cool way to expand on Giratina and the Distortion World (could maybe account for some of the Ultra Beasts as well?).

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Cosmic and Sound type are the only new types I want, tbh. A lot of the alien Pokemon, such as Starmie/Elgyem could be put into the Cosmic typing if it were to ever be made.

As for Sound type, I just think we need it.

Back