• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Nuzlocke [T][OOC]

Years

• Nuzlocke
    A Sinnoh Journey RP
    Rated T
    Set in the Pokeyear 2015
    IC Thread

gastrodon.gif
    Plot:
    Sinnoh has been largely ignored for a long time. Team Galactic and Lucas passed mostly under the radar of media outside of Sinnoh, compared to Team Aqua and Magma in Hoenn, which recieved response world-wide. Sinnoh has been slowly withering away, devoid of any attention. And so, the Sinnoh Pokemon Lover's Club decided something must be done about the situation. They decided to send some trainers in Jublife on a League Journey, in order to bring more attention to the oft ignored region. They sent high-class associates to the city to provide these trainers with rare Pokemon, and send them on their way.
    PLOT TWIST!
    Another chapter of the Pokemon Lover's Club came up with a similar plan! They are sending trainers in Snowpoint off on a similar mission. Once the two groups learn of each other's existence, they will surely begin competing...

chatot.gif
    Essential Info:
    This is a Sinnoh-based journey roleplay set in a world where Pokemon are more scarce than the norm, due to mass capture over the past few decades. You can choose which group your character(s) is/are in! Each group will have a different path through Sinnoh, different opportunities, and different side tasks to undertake. Due to the burdens of managing two groups at once, I shall only be RPing as a character in one. Group members shall decide on their group's name.
    I shall be using a Pokemon Discord server I run to let you guys communicate. I shall PM the link to you and give you a special role after you are approved!
    Since Pokemon are rarer in this reality, catching is a bit more difficult. You will only be able to catch one Pokemon per route. You will be provided a list of pokemon you can catch on a route and I shall roll for your Pokemon. Additionally, you have up to two rerolls. You can also choose to not have an encounter for a route. You must spend a post covering your encounter with any Pokemon you catch.
    I shall be providing location headers with lists of side quests and other things to do every so often. Your characters should be staying in these areas, depending on their group.
    RP is expected to be 2-5 paragraphs, however more is fine. Less is fine in some cases, I don't expect you to write a novel.
    If you have any questions, PM me! I'm here to help you have fun!
    IMPORTANT CLARIFICATION: This is not actually a Nuzlocke! Pokemon do not die when they faint! The name is simply a fitting allusion to the decreased number of pokemon, limited catches in a route, and (hopefully) the strong bonds between trainers and their pokemon!

hippowdon.gif
    Timeline:
    This is for quick reference and any time spans needed in RP or SUs.

Pokemon RGB/FRLG: 1996
    Pokemon GSC/HGSS: 1999
    Pokemon RSE/ORAS: 2000
    ORAS Delta Chapter: 2001
    Pokemon XY: 2003
    Pokemon SM/USUM: 2005
    Pokemon DPPt: 2008
    Pokemon SwSh: 2011
    Pokemon SwSh DLC: 2012
    Present Day: 2015
    (Events of Pokemon BW, B2W2, and Yellow/Let's Go are yet to happen)

roserade.gif
    Character Sheet:

Name:
    Home Region: (Most likely Sinnoh)
    Basic Appearance:
    Personality:
    Aspirations:
    Strengths/Flaws:
    Short History:
    Starter:
    One other Pokemon: (Optional, see rules)
    It would be nice if you used Pokecharm's pokemon card maker to show the basics in one place! It gives me a quick reference for your character.

magnezone.gif
    Rules:
    • Swearing is allowed but only mild romance. No sex whatsoever.
    • You can have more than one character, but don't go overboard.
    • No limit on players. feel free to sign up at any time!
    • Post twice in each location at the least or your character will be retired. This is to keep the roleplay moving. I will allow some exceptions to this however, as I understand life is prone to getting in the way of things.
    • Try to stay together as a group! You should all be at one of the provided areas, though you may be in different places in said location.
    • Please attempt to interact with others! I would rather each post NOT be its own self contained story and instead responds to others. Joint posts can instead be multiple interacting posts, which has the added bonus of reminding people the rp is still running and not abandoned.
    • Starters are unique. Only one for each person!
    • Your character may have caught a Pokemon in advance if your character is old enough (think 14+). Any common Sinnoh-originated Pokemon (one that has a 10% or higher catch rate on a route in Sinnoh) is eligible.
    • Pokemon won't have specific levels, but keep a general idea of their strength and proximity to evolution.
    • Pokemon can have 4 normal moves and 2 TM or HM slots that may be filled in later. Your pokemon will start out with their newest moveset in most cases, and will generally progress along those lines.
    • Characters such as Prof. Rowan and Gym Leaders are NPCs and are controlled by me or you if needed!

gallade.gif
    Starters:
    These Pokemon are all rare and can not be found in the wild. The "High Class" have one of each, and some extras in case more show up than anticipated.

Jublife Group
    bulbasaur.png
    charmander.png
    squirtle.png
    eevee.png
    image.png
    image_1.png
    image.png
    beldum.png

Snowpoint Group
    image.png
    cyndaquil.png
    totodile.png
    porygon.png
    image_1.png
    torchic.png
    mudkip.png
    image_1.png

azelf.gif
    Players:
    Jublife Group
    Spottedfirestar as Suki
    SuperFlygon as Adrianna
    Superflygon as Zach

Snowpoint Group
    El Burrito as Aaron

Last edited:

Super_Flygon

Super_Flygon!
    Years
  • Can I have 2 SUs for the Jubilife Group? And I'd like for it to be one for Piplup and one for Chimchar.

Are the gym leaders the same as the games? Also, I think you mean Snowpoint City, not Snowbelle.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Can I have 2 SUs for the Jubilife Group? And I'd like for it to be one for Piplup and one for Chimchar.

Are the gym leaders the same as the games? Also, I think you mean Snowpoint City, not Snowbelle.
    Sure, go ahead! Yes, I meant Snowpoint, blanked out on the names for a moment, lol. And yes, the gym leaders are the same, but the path taken is different for the Snowpoint group.

I think I'd like to nab a spot in Jublife Group, I adore sinnoh and this rp concept looks like fun!
    Sure, just get working on your SU! Would you like to reserve a starter?

Years
  • Sure, go ahead! Yes, I meant Snowpoint, blanked out on the names for a moment, lol. And yes, the gym leaders are the same, but the path taken is different for the Snowpoint group.

Sure, just get working on your SU! Would you like to reserve a starter?

I'm working on her right now! But yes I would like to reserve the Turtwig if possible!

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
    Years
  • Le SU is finished. (Unless it sucks, then it is unfinished)

Name: Aaron Dundes
    Home Region: Sinnoh

Basic Appearance: Aaron stands at roughly 6 feet tall with a fairly muscular build and light skin due to minimal sunlight in Snowpoint. He has storm gray eyes and medium length blonde hair that reaches down to his chin. He is often seen wearing his favorite dark-blue stockman hat with a pattern similar to Dialga's chest plate on the front in addition to a similarly colored duster patterned with lines like Dialga's. Underneath this he wears various sweaters that depict various braille like patterns representing the Regis and pants that have no special qualities whatsoever. To top it all off he wears fingerless gloves because he only cares about keeping his palms warm and boots because wearing anything else in a place perpetually covered in snow would be weird. His dress style has led to some of his friends jokingly calling him the "Arctic Outlaw".

Personality: Aaron is an adventurous spirit with a love of mythology, legends, and paleontology. He's always looking for an opportunity to learn more stories of the past, be it books, storytellers, or from examining ancient artifacts. He also enjoys sharing his vast knowledge of the various myths of the world. Having a great interest in ancient ruins, exploring caves has naturally become another thing he enjoys doing. He's also probably one of the few people who actually enjoys digging holes, as he always hopes to find some relic of the past. This has resulted in getting in trouble for digging holes in the back yard growing up, as he never had a Growlithe to blame it on.

Aspirations: Like most trainers, Aaron would love to become a League Champion however his two biggest dreams in life are to encounter every Mythical and Legendary Pokémon known to man as well as discover and prove the existence of a Mythical 'mon still thought to be pure myth. Another goal of his, in correlation with his wish to see creatures of myth, is to climb to the summit of Mt. Coronet and see for himself what lies within the Spear Pillar, as that's been a large piece of the puzzle surrounding the mysteries of Sinnoh.

Strengths/Flaws: Aaron tends to favor logic over emotion. While beneficial in battle and when examining ruins and artifacts, this does have the drawback of him overlooking the feelings of others when making decisions. When faced with problems he often has no problem coming up with an efficient solution, however he also tends to come off as a jerk despite trying to be helpful. Apparently "It's not worth crying about" is not the proper response.

Short History: Aaron has spent his entire life living in the frigid city of Snowpoint. His father was a sailor and his mother was a nurse at the Pokémon Center. Hearing the stories of his father's journeys around the world and the encounters of various trainers his mother met at the Center made Aaron eager to venture out of the icy town. At the age of 10, Aaron had befriended a Swinub while playing around the Acuity Lakefront and had talked his parents into letting him and his new pokémon challenge the League. Unfortunately, mere seconds after both of his parents agreed to let him go, the news showed the chaotic event happening above Mt. Coronet. This event led his parents to panic and change their mind about letting their son explore the world, at least until he got a bit older. As time passed, his dream of exploring the world kept getting pushed back by life until 7 years later when life finally gave him a second chance to begin his journey.

Starter: Fafnir the male Bagon
    Ability: Rock Head
    Moves: Ember, Leer, Bite

One other Pokemon: Holocene the female Swinub
    Ability: Snow Cloak
    Moves: Tackle, Mud-Slap, Powder Snow, Flail

Fancy schmancy css coming later.

Years
  • Le SU is finished. (Unless it sucks, then it is unfinished)

Name: Aaron Dundes

Basic Appearance: Aaron stands at roughly 6 feet tall with a fairly muscular build and light skin due to minimal sunlight in Snowpoint. He has storm gray eyes and medium length blonde hair that reaches down to his chin. He is often seen wearing his favorite dark-blue stockman hat with a pattern similar to Dialga's chest plate on the front in addition to a similarly colored duster patterned with lines like Dialga's. Underneath this he wears various sweaters that depict various braille like patterns representing the Regis and pants that have no special qualities whatsoever. To top it all off he wears fingerless gloves because he only cares about keeping his palms warm and boots because wearing anything else in a place perpetually covered in snow would be weird. His dress style has led to some of his friends jokingly calling him the "Arctic Outlaw".

Personality: Aaron is an adventurous spirit with a love of mythology, legends, and paleontology. He's always looking for an opportunity to learn more stories of the past, be it books, storytellers, or from examining ancient artifacts. He also enjoys sharing his vast knowledge of the various myths of the world. Having a great interest in ancient ruins, exploring caves has naturally become another thing he enjoys doing. He's also probably one of the few people who actually enjoys digging holes, as he always hopes to find some relic of the past. This has resulted in getting in trouble for digging holes in the back yard growing up, as he never had a Growlithe to blame it on.

Aspirations: Like most trainers, Aaron would love to become a League Champion however his two biggest dreams in life are to encounter every Mythical and Legendary Pokémon known to man as well as discover and prove the existence of a Mythical 'mon still thought to be pure myth. Another goal of his, in correlation with his wish to see creatures of myth, is to climb to the summit of Mt. Coronet and see for himself what lies within the Spear Pillar, as that's been a large piece of the puzzle surrounding the mysteries of Sinnoh.

Strengths/Flaws: Aaron tends to favor logic over emotion. While beneficial in battle and when examining ruins and artifacts, this does have the drawback of him overlooking the feelings of others when making decisions. When faced with problems he often has no problem coming up with an efficient solution, however he also tends to come off as a jerk despite trying to be helpful. Apparently "It's not worth crying about" is not the proper response.

Short History: Aaron has spent his entire life living in the frigid city of Snowpoint. His father was a sailor and his mother was a nurse at the Pokémon Center. Hearing the stories of his father's journeys around the world and the encounters of various trainers his mother met at the Center made Aaron eager to venture out of the icy town. At the age of 10, Aaron had befriended a Swinub while playing around the Acuity Lakefront and had talked his parents into letting him and his new pokémon challenge the League. Unfortunately, mere seconds after both of his parents agreed to let him go, the news showed the chaotic event happening above Mt. Coronet. This event led his parents to panic and change their mind about letting their son explore the world, at least until he got a bit older. As time passed, his dream of exploring the world kept getting pushed back by life until 7 years later when life finally gave him a second chance to begin his journey.

Starter: Fafnir the male Bagon
    Ability: Rock Head
    Moves: Ember, Leer, Bite

One other Pokemon: Holocene the female Swinub
    Ability: Snow Cloak
    Moves: Tackle, Mud-Slap, Powder Snow, Flail

Fancy schmancy css coming later.
    Oh wow, this is great, thanks! Thanks for using the timeline for reference :)

Do we receive the starters in the city hat our respective group starts in and who do we receive starters from?
    Yes, and we get them from the "High Class", a group of that elite trainers that work for the Pokemon Lover's Club.

Super_Flygon

Super_Flygon!
    Years
  • So, are you going to control the "High Class"? I'm just trying to plan ahead. Where in our starting city are we all supposed to meet up?

Years
  • So, are you going to control the "High Class"? I'm just trying to plan ahead. Where in our starting city are we all supposed to meet up?

1. It really depends on how everyone wants to rp. I can control NPCs or let others.
    2. In your town's local pokemon lover's club, naturally.

Years
  • Name: Akatsuki Onishi
    Nicknames: Suki

Basic Appearance: [Drawn Ref!]
    Poke Card

Akatsuki is a short, slim girl standing at only 5'0" tall. She has stunning bright pink eyes, and long dark brown hair. She is often found wearing minimal make up and glam, such as a variety of pink lip glosses, and pink nail polishes. She is typically found wearing her favorite dark brown dress, accented with a bright pink belt with a sliver belt buckle, brown tights, and brown fur shoes. A white sleeveless vest, white and pink beanie adorned with a pokeball symbol on it, pink scarf, and pink chunky bracelets complete her look.

She is also found with a bag much akin to Dawn's from PPD but in the colors white and pink. She also has a pink heart backpack/purse she uses as well, but it has significantly less space.

Personality:

Akatsuki is a strong willed, bold girl. She has incredible passion for cooking, contests, and dancing. She is most commonly seen out of her hometown and most commonly is seen in or around Hearthome City, devoting the majority of her time practicing with her pokemon for the next contest. The little time she is home she's always working on developing new recipes, improving on old ones. Though that isn't often as she has such an extreme drive to be the best of the best when it comes to competing with pokemon in the contests. This makes her fairly one-track minded, and makes her blind to many other things going on around her.

She also has the tendency to be pushy, self-absorbed, and a brat. As she is quite young, and only seems to care about herself and her pokemon.

Aspirations:

Akatsuki has little interest in training to be good at fighting, but is incredibly devoted to being the best contestant in the world. As such she went to capture a pokemon that would fit her needs, and began to go to work. She initially had no intent on truly bonding with her pokemon, however her pokemon soon broke that barrier down, and became both a beloved partner and pet.

Strengths/Flaws:

While Atasuki is incredibly self-absorbed, when she is not focusing on herself or her pokemon, she is actually quite perceptive of those around her. She can easily pick up on others emotions, and even at her young age, she seems to be aware of what to do to change those emotions, for better or worse. Though she is no mastermind as she is only fourteen, and has the habit of making stupid, and sometimes dangerous mistakes.

Short History:

Being born in 2001 Atasuki remembers very little about relatively peaceful times. As by the time she was 7 Team Galactic began to kick up a fuss in the region. Though Atasuki was overall truly unaware of what was going on with Team Galactic as she was far too young, she was told to never approach anyone with bright blue hair, and grey outfits. Which was mostly nullified by the fact that she wasn't allowed to leave her house, much less the town on her own while Team Galatic was active.

Due to her sheltered nature, she was largely unaware of what had happened, until her parents deemed her old enough to get a pokemon at age 10, as the danger seemed to have largely passed, at least for a little while. She soon however found out what exactly went down, and hearing news of what went on in the Hoenn region, garnering a larger response, she was incredibly annoyed. Though the annoyance did not stay for long, as she had soon captured her partner, and began to work on the dream she had since she was a little girl.

Starter: Wiggles The Turtwig
    One other Pokemon: Skitty (Or Shinx if Skitty is not a possible!)

*Moves and abilities will come later once I get confirmation of the other pokemon!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Hey, InsaneBlathers, just realized- would it be possible for you use the "max-width" property instead of just "width" in your CSS for the OP? If you do that it will scale and be easily readable on mobile, which is good for a lot of people. (◍•ᴗ•◍)✧*。we really have to update our css tutorials rip

Years
  • Hey, InsaneBlathers, just realized- would it be possible for you use the "max-width" property instead of just "width" in your CSS for the OP? If you do that it will scale and be easily readable on mobile, which is good for a lot of people. (◍•ᴗ•◍)✧*。we really have to update our css tutorials rip

I was using my prior knowledge of css and html, not the tutorials.

I'm not really familiar with max-width, though. I don't use it as much since I'm not really sure how it works.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I was using my prior knowledge of css and html, not the tutorials.

I'm not really familiar with max-width, though. I don't use it as much since I'm not really sure how it works.
    Same haha, we just started realizing recently that if we don't use max-width then it's hard ti read on mobile so we're trying to encourage everyone to use it for accessibility! It shouldn't affect much overall, but you can always preview what it'll look like on mobile by shrinking your browser window down- it'll automatically change to mobile display. I don't know what size monitor you have but I find I can usually see it if I shrink it down to about a third of my screen width!

Back