• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] Where are you in the game now?

Years
  • Pretty much just keeping an eye on Swarm mons and progressing the Trophy Garden daily mon each day as I traded for some apriballs and the mons I intend to catch with them are all behind these two mechanics =p

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Trying to get Mystery Gift on both versions before the end of the current event (also wishing I bought them from new so could get all the legendaries…could it not have been made easier like how we get a Mew and Jirachi now?).

Anyway, what sadist set up those two Abra in the trainer's school? Piplup and Starly is a pretty classic early-game team yet here I'm faced with a base 105 SpA 95 Spe Pokemon with a high-powered boosting move that hits them both super-effectively! Literally my lv. 9 Piplup will only win if they don't get a boost on the first hit. Must be a nightmare for actual children.

Years
  • Holy crap, yes. Hidden Power isn't a TM anymore but I feel like they could've just… made them use Bidoof or Shinx or something, rather than an Abra that uses the TM you get from the 8th gym leader (before you have a single Badge).

Right now I'm on my way to Snowpoint in Brilliant Diamond. I took a long break from it to play Legends: Arceus, and after 100 hours I need a break from Hisui.

Years
  • i finally beat Palmer at my 49th match at battle tower and unlocked Masters! gonna see how far i could get there but it's been a struggle bc legendaries lmao

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I've decided to play up to Valley Windworks so I can catch a Drifloon more easily when I really started playing my BDSP saves. Today was Shining Pearl, I spread honey on the 3 trees available to me without further advancement...and caught a Munchlax!!! First time I've ever done it, when I used one in Gen IV I traded it over after hatching it from a Gen III migrated Snorlax. Now, to find someone willing to share a Turtwig to breed Curse onto it...

Holy crap, yes. Hidden Power isn't a TM anymore but I feel like they could've just… made them use Bidoof or Shinx or something, rather than an Abra that uses the TM you get from the 8th gym leader (before you have a single Badge).

Looking at their learnsets, its now the weakest TM they can have. But why not Confusion as an egg move instead? Similar base power with a boost for STAB, but doesn't hit one of the starters super-effectively so keeps things fair. Or all 3 elemental punches - high power moves, hit all starters super-effectively, but coming off a really weak stat.

Back