• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rhythm games, anyone?

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
Years
  • Anyone here play rhythm games like DanceDanceRevolution, Pump It Up, In the Groove, O2Jam, Friday Night Funkin' and the like?

I have recently gone back to playing PIU, a childhood favourite, after hovering around the FNF scene for a bit. Since there are very few arcades in my city period, I have a wooden pad and a simulator (based on the Stepmania engine) to play it at home. It also makes for a great workout, but you have to be very patient to progress - which is true of every rhythm game, but especially of this one. Fortunately, the music selection is superb; the PIU games are practically a living compendium of the history of K-Pop and Korean music in general.

Outside of this one, however, I haven't played any other rhythm games. I have an interest in trying O2Jam because I have been familiar with its music since childhood and PIU has begun crossing over tracks from that game, but nothing has come out of that so far. What about you people?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I don't play those types of rhythm games, but I play a lot of anime ones. I play Love Live!, Project Sekai! Colorful Stage, Show By Rock Fes a Live, Idolish7 sometimes, D4DJ Groovy Mix, Enstars Music, The Hypmic one, but I may be deleting that, and sometimes, but not often, Bandori & Utapri Shining Live.

Tl;dr rhythm games are my life.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
    Years
    • Age 22
    • He/they
    • Oregon
    • Seen Mar 14, 2023
    They're the only score based video games I actively play. I've tried a bunch. Many suffer from having mostly bad music, but I enjoy playing them for the gameplay. In terms of gameplay I would say my favorites are Cytus 2 and DJ Max Respect. For music I would say Voez. I enjoy the variety of genres in that game and they usually sound decent.

Years
  • I love these even if I'm not as actively playing them currently, especially if they involve cute anime girls haha. I played so many - Love Live, Bang Dream, Proseka, Utapri (RIP), Idolmaster, Idolish7, I-Chu, Show by Rock, etc etc. Way more I'm forgetting probably. I'm looking forward to Love Live SIF2 coming out later too, hopefully it improves on the original SIF since I stopped playing that due to how outdated the game & UI felt and looked after many years.

Years
  • Rhythm games are weird for me because I never really seek them out and I don't consider them a genre I particularly care about, but when I do find myself playing one I don't think I've ever not enjoyed it.

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
  • I got into rhythm games almost 3 years ago at this point and I love them so much. Definitely one of my favorite game genres. Though I've only played mobile ones at this point (Cytus, Arcaea, Phigros, etc...), I'd love to get osu or ADOFAI someday.

Back