• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Novelty Pokemon Mafia

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
  • the mafia got in a hot unf unf three-way evolution

tenor.gif

That solves what Unown does, and it's probably safe to assume it can't do that again and is now essentially nilla. Also, rip nani.​

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • Come to think of it the Day 2 post mentioned "An Eevee." Does that imply there's more than one, or am I just misreading things? Cause all the other Pokemon didn't have "a" or "an" in front of them.

mew_nani

Years
  • oh god I think bard caught my self-depreciation bug somebody quick help give him a hug DX

It was kinda weird how Night voted. Desi was just being silly and himself; there wasn't really that much suspicious about him. Either he's way better than he appears to be or he's not really mafia at all. Then again, it's kinda hard to tell with Night as she doesn't get to post that much. ~_~

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Kiyo, do me a favor and use that beautiful brain of yours to look through Abby's posts and tell me what you think
    I think you're trying to call for reads here, but i think you should provide your own first?
    Well, I doubt my brain is beautiful - probably a bunch of rocks and cobwebs up there - but I took a gander at Abby's posts. A few things struck me:

1. She was awfully fixated on the cult.
    2. She was wishy-washy, making observations but not supporting any one side.
    3. She's been posting a lot of short little posts, maintaining a presence but not sticking out too much.
    4. The opinion she does present is one latched onto a previous statement from Johnny.
    5. She called into question the effectiveness of reading the lynches for clues on the mafia.

In short, she's advertising the cult's presence and is otherwise flying under the radar. It's possible Abby's Squirtle or Charmander, trying to make sure she isn't caught out by the tied lynch, which would explain why she was so quick to abandon the bandwagons.

1-I made one post on the cult, hardly "fixated"
    2-at least i actually voted d1
    3-I've been posting larger posts too from time to time, but i suppose you are correct here:/
    4-It was an opinion I held beforehand too.
    5-This is something I feel I should have explained further in my original post. I was never opposed to the idea, I merely was playing devil's advocate.

I'd also like to talk about Desi, though I can't really recall him from any recent game, is he usually this carefree?

@Johnny don't kill me for agreeing again but really, I think it could be beneficial for unown to claim, as we could have another clear, unless somebody counter-claims it.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Help... *cough* I keep turning purple every 4 steps and cause the screen to shake... :S

At least this narrows down what generation of Pokemon we're playing. :P

Anyway, I don't wanna be that guy but I think it was mentioned that in the event of a tie there was a coinflip to decide who gets lynched. Though I'm more inclined to believe Bard's line of thinking considering he can manipulate weather and all lol.

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • At least this narrows down what generation of Pokemon we're playing. :P

Anyway, I don't wanna be that guy but I think it was mentioned that in the event of a tie there was a coinflip to decide who gets lynched. Though I'm more inclined to believe Bard's line of thinking considering he can manipulate weather and all lol.
    I think you're right there
    Rules said:
    A tied lynch vote will result in a coin toss to determine who gets lynched.

Nope. There's a reason I'm specifically doing what I'm doing.

Still waiting on Kiyobae, though. I'm curious as to what he may come up with.
    You intrigue me Naku, you really do. I suppose I'll have to wait then:/

mew_nani

Years
  • Why'd you say your head's full of cobwebs again? ~_~

But yeah it's a very good guess. Partially wrong though... I was an Eevee.

Nero

I like it.
    Years
  • Mmm, I was just about to point out that mistake about the splashers. Because there's no vote numbers, and because we don't know who the other Feebas is, there's probably a good chance that mafia will take risks and split their votes all over the place.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • Sorry it took me so long - was working on RPT things - but here is a thorough analysis on Abby as she currently stands:

* First off, Abby seems incredibly responsive: her activity is surmounted only by Nani in terms of postcount, and she's loose enough to joke in the thread. Now, there can be an argument either way for this (it's commonly believed that active innos win the game, but one could make the case that you're more involved when you're mafia), so while that's not indicative of alignment in of itself, there are town-reading moments of aggression and thoughtfulness:

Spoiler:

*But she has this tendency to speak in open-ended questions or be wishy-washy a lot of the time, which I don't like. I can get an inno!Abby wanting to prompt discussion, but it could be a ploy to have the image of high contribution without really providing much to the conversation; and it's incredibly prevalent in her speech.

Spoiler:

* And here are some personal notes:

Spoiler:

* And actual responses to Abby herself:

Spoiler:

Conclusion: there's more to dislike about Abby's playstyle right now, but that's the thing: I think it chalks up to her playstyle versus her actually being scum. I'd want to see where a vote for her goes, but there's something about reading all her posts that leaves me wanting for harder evidence or a shred of dialogue that truly convinces me of her guilt in some aspect or another. So, tl;dr, I don't trust her as of right now, but not enough to commit to a vote, as I fear killing an innocent based of the small lines of logic I'm grasping at.​

mew_nani

Years

• I would be lying if I said I wasn't interested in what bonuses your evolution gave you.​
    As well as giving my vote a x2 multiplier it also grants me the role of an Oracle. At night I target someone, and when I keel over and die I reveal their role. However I don't know what the other two Eeveelutions have in terms of abilities. They all have the 2x multiplier but each also has a hidden effect you can only learn by evolving into them. If there is another Eevee in the house maybe they can use this information. In the meantime though my Oracle abilities can prove useful if we can figure out who to target.

mew_nani

Years
  • important question: before you evolved, did your role pm state that you were effectively a vanilla townie?
    Yep. I had no special abilities beyond being... well... an Eevee. I had a lot of choice but until I evolved I was as vanilla as can be.

Back