• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
Do you know the EV's? Otherwise, the IV's come out as 31/0/31/31/31/31 without any EV's put in. However, I do find it convenient that a Timid natured Shiny Lucario happens to have 0 IV's in Attack.

Ill be honest that it happens to be quite easy to " Legally Hack" a Pokemon with Max IVs.

First put in the Max Iv code and catch both parents with this code on and then breed! Its as easy as that since all identical IVs will be inherited.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Ill be honest that it happens to be quite easy to " Legally Hack" a Pokemon with Max IVs.

First put in the Max Iv code and catch both parents with this code on and then breed! Its as easy as that since all identical IVs will be inherited.

yep.... and there's no way to tell if the egg pokemon has been obtained this way..

still need an answer to my question, i'd lik to do contest soon

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
yep.... and there's no way to tell if the egg pokemon has been obtained this way..

still need an answer to my question, i'd lik to do contest soon

Its still tecnically legit, it was bred

Bishopk

meow :)
Years
  • CO
  • Seen Feb 16, 2018
K well it came out ok in my hack checker but I may be wrong. I dun think so though

Well, yeah. Even if it has straight 31s, it's not going to come up as a hack unless it has impossible stats.

I'm not certain this works. As far as I know, only three IVs are passed down, identical or not. *Goes to Bulbapedia*

Do you know the EV's? Otherwise, the IV's come out as 31/0/31/31/31/31 without any EV's put in. However, I do find it convenient that a Timid natured Shiny Lucario happens to have 0 IV's in Attack.
Maybe it's a coincidence. Even so, without knowing EVs we can't help.

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
Years
IVs are Individual values. They can't be raised, as they are set when you encounter/receive the pokemon (e.g. eggs). They are how much extra ooomf (being added value) are in each stat to begin with. Each stat can have at most 31 IVs. And there are various guides around here for EVs. I dcouldn't find any off the bat, but there are plenty of them.

Hope this helps.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
Well, that's a pretty difficult question to answer. I'll give you a short explanation of what they are, but I'll just link you to a guide on how to get them.

IVs are the hidden values given to a Pokemon when it's caught/hatched that determine the max stat the Pokemon will have at level 100. They range from 0-31.

EVs are the values that you give to your Pokemon when training them. Each Pokemon you battle gives you a certain EV. They also determine the max stat a Pokemon will have at level 100.

EV Guide: http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/ev.shtml

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2008
exp share?

hey i need an exp share to try and level some things up to gte the evolutions and was wondering if there is one in d/p and if so where it is located.
thanks

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
Years
The Azure Flute (required to get Arceus) and the Member's Card (required to get into the locked room and obtain Darkrai) are Event Items that have not been released yet. It is unknown when or if they will be released.

BrainDamage

Vinyl Jockey
Years
Question: You can trade from Japanese versions of the games directly to English versions, correct? I've never had to ask myself this question as before now, I've never bothered with a japanese version of pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back