• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

s0nido

turn up the engine
Years
  • At least 20 new PokeGear Apps. No, the PokeGear should be replaced with the Poketch, and that Poketch Company should have a Johto HQ in Goldenrod City to pick up the new apps. There should also be more apps than the ones in D/P/Pt.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Maybe Team Rocket will have a slightly bigger part, maybe in Kanto instead of that one grunt. (:
    Because Team Rocket is fun to destroy.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • I want to see more to do in Kanto.
    Specifically, more PokeSpe manga references besides the small few that were there.

Agree with the Kanto part. That aspect of the game has so much potential, but it was so flawed in the original.

And as for the PokeSpe references, perhaps instead of just a Red battle, you have the choice of a double battle between Red and Green?

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
  • http://serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pics.shtml

Pre release screenshots galore. I noticed something interesting, how Chikorita is following Gold around. Maybe the starter Pokemon will be able to follow the hero around in it's basic stage, or all three of its stages.

Anyone else got any ideas about that?

It's already been confirmed that the starter will indeed follow you.
    Pretty pumped about that.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I personally think that it is only like that for a limited time. Like i.e Chikorita followed you out the Prof. Lab, and it started following you around. Prof. Elm stops you and makes you return it to a Pokéball before you enter the tall grass.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • http://serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pics.shtml

Pre release screenshots galore. I noticed something interesting, how Chikorita is following Gold around. Maybe the starter Pokemon will be able to follow the hero around in it's basic stage, or all three of its stages.

Anyone else got any ideas about that?

I do...eh, going to reuse another post. Yay!

It is interesting. The way I see it there are a number of ways the can go with it.

- Every Pokemon can follow you if they lead the party. This would potentially be awesome, but would be a fair bit of work to implement, and may have some problems. Then there's the fact that walking around with legendary Pokemon would be odd as heck (if not amusing), and for Pokemon such as, say, Bellsprout, that are planted in the ground, or various fish Pokemon... yeah, I'm uncertain on this.

- GS starters will follow you in their multiple forms as well, whenever you want/have them in your party. More likely, this, I fell - can't be hard to implement another 6 moving sprites just for this. Even if they become as big as you size-wise. XD

- The only follow you for a short itme - say, until you return the egg Mr Pokemon gives you. This one here is one I like less... it would restrict them to those 1st-evolved forms though on the face of it.
    Yet that is not fool-proof- one could always level up their Pokemon enough to evolve it - and then what? Hmm...that also seems iffy.

Could be any of these, but some seem more likely than others to me. We will have to wait and see though (for instance, maybe in later pics we cann see if they are still around? That may merely mean though that possible you could toggle this feature on and off).

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • Maybe Red'll be more included in Kanto? And they should also include things like the Sevii Islands and stuffs. There should also be more WiFi capabilities in the new games.

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
  • And as for the PokeSpe references, perhaps instead of just a Red battle, you have the choice of a double battle between Red and Green?

Well the thing about that is, the Red battle is a direct reference to a section of the GSC portion of the manga. Which is why Red has Green's Charizard and Blue's Blastoise. I just want to see other PokeSpe character's make little cameos. Like Yellow and Blue.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • I personally think that it is only like that for a limited time. Like i.e Chikorita followed you out the Prof. Lab, and it started following you around. But once you get to the real adventure it'll be in it's ball.

I hope they give us the choice to hide the starter or not. Cyndaquil following his trainer is adorable, but not so much when he's a Typhlosion.

CollinP

My Avi Evolved
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2009
    (wow this thread went up pretty fast)
    Lord GaGa- Yes, you are totally right- that or they make a poke-gear just like the poketech- the poketech was a good thing, and so was poke-gear_ maybe they should make it a poketech and call it a poke gear?
    Sublime- totaly- kanto was great in the original, but there was not that much to do
    Aseril- haha, ya- actually, maybe it would kinda be fun to also have another team from another region there to (TG, TM, or TA)
    Lash- ya, i think that might be a possibility- i actually hope it is- more interactivity
    (ps, i bet my strongest pokemon in platinum [lvl 100 shiny typhlosion] that this thread will have 4 pages by 4:00 PM tomorrow- who else is in on that?)

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I hope they give us the choice to hide the starter or not. Cyndaquil following his trainer is adorable, but not so much when he's a Typhlosion.

Me too, I rather not have a big, fire-beast breathing down my neck while I'm walking. xD

ISa56

-Soul Silver? HECK YES!
    Years
  • I believe that there will be something similar to the Sevii Islands (perhaps the Orange Islands?) and Red's Pokemon will go up in level to compete with Pearl's. I'd also really like it if they had a few Platinum references (such as Jasmine talking about going to the lighthouse in Shinnoh) as well as Kanto's main attraction, the Safari Zone, to reopen. I really hated it when they shut it down G/S/C =-[ Another thing that would be interesting if they had the Bug-Catching Contest in Wireless or even Wi-Fi. You could play up against your friends instead of just playing the CPU players.

Years
  • epkuia.jpg

from what I can see, Pro Elm's office has two levels. Any one else see the stair case on the right side?

I got so much hype for the starter following you. Im guessing it will only be in towns and cities as it might get annoyed having it follow you everywhere

CollinP

My Avi Evolved
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2009
    epkuia.jpg

from what I can see, Pro Elm's office has two levels. Any one else see the stair case on the right side?

I got so much hype for the starter following you. Im guessing it will only be in towns and cities as it might get annoyed having it follow you everywhere
    actually that does look right- which already suggests a deeper plot! (wow..... hold on, breaking my own fourth wall- how do i get deeper plot out of stairs? "ooooh! He Climbed The Stairs! He Must Be Worthy Of A Gym Badge! ohhhhhh!!"- i guess that's a stretch, but still.... ehhh..... keep rolling) but ya, i just remembered- what i REALLY WANT TO SEE Is how all the sprites look- i bet they would be amazing!

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • I don't like the idea of Pokemon following you everywhere. It'll be fine at the start, but not for the whole game. Imagine how large the ROM'll be then!

Then again, if everyone loves the PokeGear so much, then the PokeGear's company should be revealed, and they should have their HQ in Goldenrod City.

Last edited:

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I really like the idea that the starter follows you around. It adds more of a bond btween the Pokemon and the trainer, imo. Although, I would like to choose who follows me. Like say the first in the party would follow, as long as they were small to medium in size (Quilava is just so cute).

I also would like to see more manga references. There is just so much potential in the storyline to not include more. For example, the Pokedex holders could team up against team rocket in an epic battle to end them all. Now wouldn't that be something?

If the second playable character becomes your ally (Dawn and Lucas), than I would like to be able to name them. Just for fun if not for manga accuracy.

I disagree with the Poketch replacing the PokeGear. The PokeGear was great and really made the Gold andy Silver experience unique. It really revolutionized the Pokemon gameplay and should be utilized just as it was previously.

I would love to see an electric type catchable before Falkner. He wasn't difficult, it's just that electric types are not too common.

And, just as many of those before this post, I would like to see more activity in Kanto or even some new areas like the Sevii Islands to add some more length in the story for the larger filespace.

Power could go out, so I'll continue at a later date. Until then, OMG YES!!1 I'M SO HAPPY!!!!

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • You could, like, see/hear a legendary at the beginning, so you know great things are destined for you. Also, Legendaries should be more inclusive into the storyline, because that was something G/S lacked.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Seeing as the rival is back in again standing in the same position as he was in GSC (yay), I'd like to see more on him (especially given the dialogue from someone in FR/LG about a red-haired kid being Giovanni's son - it is speculated that Silver is that kid). More story and all - he was one of my favourite parts of the game, and made for a more interesting rival than others, like the 3rd gen's May/Brendan.

Back