• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: More Sword and Shield news coming soon; Strategy Guide revealed

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Yay, more news soon! Might be just Pokemon facts, but that's interesting to me.

Why buy the guide when you can read stuff on Daily

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    tbh all I need to know at this point is starter evolutions and maybe more version exclusives and I'd personally be fine with literally no more information given to us until release day

but we'll see what they reveal

Last edited:

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
    Years
  • I'll always have a faint hope of seeing again things like the Pokeathlon or Contests, like dark grass, rustling grass and similar, berries like in Hoenn and Sinnoh, or the VS Seeker...

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Why are all the cover art for this generation so boring? I don't really buy strategy guides anymore but it's nice that preorders are available for anyone who wants it.

Looking forward to more Sword and Shield news! Hoping to see the starter evos and some more Pokemon.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I find it kinda interesting that strategy guides are still a thing. :O I used to be super into them when I was a kid because they were really fun to read, but I stopped getting them after Platinum.

Also interested on what the next reveals are going to be! Going to tamper my expectations a bit and it probably won't be anything significant, but that remains to be seen.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • why make a strategy guide when the internet is literally right there? lmfao

I hope the next news we get is related to more Gigantamax forms? I want to see more of that atm than anything. Or a few more Galarian forms would be neat.

Years
  • why make a strategy guide when the internet is literally right there? lmfao

it's kind of interesting. online walkthroughs iirc were also a thing back in the days of FRLG and strategy guides existed just fine back then. im not exactly sure who the target market appeals to anymore (collectors, perhaps? little kids who don't really go online?), but it's nevertheless fascinating to me they're still being made to this day!

Years
  • Not sure if it's legit, but I've also noticed another guide. The Pokemon Sword & Shield: Official Galar Region Pokedex.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pokemon-Sword-Shield-Official-Pokedex/dp/1911015710/

It's £15.99, and it's published by Piggyback Interactive, who if I remember correctly made some really excellent guides years ago. Pretty sure I had one by them for Final Fantasy X. It's out 20th December.

Course, due to all the Pokemon being cut it's only 6 pages. (JOKE!)

Last edited:
    Back