• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Super Training

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Super Training was a mini-game in which you can EV train a Pokemon by hitting huge soccer balls. It makes EV training easier and accessible to people who are new to the concept.

Did you do Hyper Training? What was your favorite course?

Years
  • I really loved Super and Hyper Training! If I started from scratch, It took me like an hour and a half each Pokemon to fully EV train them, all the while having fun with the courses. n.n

My only concern is that, after experiencing EV Training in SM/USUM, I can't help but miss the Power items a bit. Even if it's not as fun, it's quicker to do (especially w/Pokerus) and kind of cuts on the overall time of EV Training.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't think that I ever used it as my sole method of EV training, but it did have its uses and I'd use it together with the traditional methods. And at least it was a step towards making EVs transparent and accessible.

the_fast_reader

Overanalyzing Pokemon for 20 years
    Years
  • I liked it a lot, I actually spent an afternoon EV training even just the Pokemon I used in the story like my starter and first catches. It felt liberating to know that their EV were not going to end up all over the place during a normal playthrough. Not the fastest method, in the late game hordes were I think still the fastest, but it was nice to have another way to interact with your Pokemon team

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • I used to use it to get some evolution stones early, because you get points for playing that shooting game, I think it was?

But yeah, early Dawn stones ftw~~

Years
  • I loved this! It was a lot of fun for me to mess around with, and getting evolution stones early on was super nice. Definitely one of the best features XY introduced. <3

Back