• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official Feedback Request: Computers & Technology - Your feedback is very important to us

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
Years
events you could do:

- competition who has got the coolest phone/tablet case or something like that
- wallpaper/desktop contest, who has got the most neat and good looking one
- app concept contest; with a theme and whoever comes up with the best and most detailed idea perhaps with images i don't know
- facebook/social media contest, who promotes this forum the best on their facebook or something else - like who gets the most new members here by promoting - can control that with referral name?
- signature code contest, who can create the coolest signature look/code

you can do one winner with these things or 3 winners and cool/cute prizes like emblem
or a custom usergroup named ''contest winner'' not just for this board but for whole forum

maybe come up with more ideas later :)

Years
Thank you for the suggestions Pebbles! :)

competition who has got the coolest phone/tablet case or something like that
Yeah, that'd be great! I would definitely love to see something like this and it could also perhaps give some of our members ideas on how to decorate their phones as well.

wallpaper/desktop contest, who has got the most neat and good looking one
Last year, I ran an event just like this. Not only was it very successful, but participants definitely had fun. We'll most definitely look into having an event just like this in the future to come, even if it's within a Get-Together here or not.

app concept contest; with a theme and whoever comes up with the best and most detailed idea perhaps with images i don't know
I love this idea as well. *takes note*

facebook/social media contest, who promotes this forum the best on their facebook or something else - like who gets the most new members here by promoting - can control that with referral name?
I'm not so sure how I feel on this one. While I definitely think it's excellent to have our members promote the forum as much as possible, how exactly do you think we could track members to determine who's actually going to win?

signature code contest, who can create the coolest signature look/code
I feel this is something we could do with A&D. For the longest of time, me and Kirby had the thought of actually doing this as a collaboration between our sections, but time got to the better of the both of us. Seeing how there's some interest, we'll see what we can do about getting this going in the future. :)

you can do one winner with these things or 3 winners and cool/cute prizes like emblem
or a custom usergroup named ''contest winner'' not just for this board but for whole forum
Prizes are a definite must for contests. In the past, I'd typically hand out emblems and even supportership, but the idea of having a usergroup for contest winners is definitely something. We'll look into it more. :)

Years
So I saw a post that maybe semi-jokingly(?) brought up transforming C&T into an all sciences/technology forum and I think that would be an amazing idea considering how close we got to having a Space forum during the forum frontier voting.

And it could have an awesome sciencey name, like The Chromosphere, or Dark Matter, orrrrr... something.
I definitely love this idea! TF and I are discussing this now 8)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
So I saw a post that maybe semi-jokingly(?) brought up transforming C&T into an all sciences/technology forum and I think that would be an amazing idea considering how close we got to having a Space forum during the forum frontier voting.

And it could have an awesome sciencey name, like The Chromosphere, or Dark Matter, orrrrr... something.
It was certainly not a joke! Came here to suggest inviting more general/broader topics that could fit within "Technology", such as technical sciences bordering biotech, chemical science, space etc. It's all got to do with technology humans invented and continue to develop, but perhaps not solely focused on computers and the world wide web.

Or just test calling it Science & Technology and let me start a thread for Chemical Reaction Gif Of The Day

killer-curry

Oro.........?
Years
We need Mathematics too. Nerds just need it.

Certainly C&T is a best place to know everything about computers and tech stuff. Also a good place to talk something about processor overclocks and Twiggy the bat wyvern

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
Years
Thank you for the suggestions Pebbles! :)

I'm not so sure how I feel on this one. While I definitely think it's excellent to have our members promote the forum as much as possible, how exactly do you think we could track members to determine who's actually going to win?

i just thought when somebody registers, they can fill in a referral username or something?
so couldnt that be a way to track and see which members got the most new ones coming in?

oh and you are most welcome ^_^​

Back