• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cool inventions/innovations that you would hope to see in the future?

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    I'd love to see medicine that can regenerate/revitalize your body. Helpful for amputees.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Gonna pop this over to Science & Technology~

I'd like to see teleporters. God, they would make life on Earth so much different. Suddenly the whole world is accessible easily.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Limiting it to things that could possibly happen: mind uploading, human cloning, immortality or greatly increased longevity, mind connectivity, consumer cybernetics, prosthetic organs, artificial intelligence, genetic engineering, advances in virtual reality, and an update to Windows 10 that doesn't break my computer (last one's probably a bit of a stretch)

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • Five posts and no one has mentioned jetpacks? Like, functioning ones? Come on :p

I'd love to see jetpacks certainly.

In terms of inventions, in the area of civil / common use I'd love to see lenseless zoomers (like the anoptikon in that Isaac Asimov story) but not only for sight but also the other senses, just imagine being able to remotely taste the yummy pasta with olive sauce that they are serving at the restaurant next door; bendable wifi waves, so that we can illuminate past turns in heavy construction buildings; and self-repairing roads, perhaps using something like a layer of bacteria that consumes dust and generates new material to refill holes.

In the medical area definitively would love to see advances in the treatment of migraines and related kinds of pain ; rather than cybernetics I would love to see the world go in the direction of genetic mixing, we could literally inject improved traits or innate resistances from one population into another, or even go past the human spectrum and become your own furry and that kind of stuff.

As for inventions, I'm very very partial to a machine that allows you to fax your current weather. I have some friends at the opposite hemisphere that would surely love to have some of my rain for when they are in the wildfire season, and I could get some of that solar-powered house warmth in exchange. Oh and it has to be via fax, just for the æsthetic. No whassap nonsense.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2018
    I had this start up idea where clubs and places in the future have some type of Wif looking signal to indicate how busy they are.

I think it would be cool to know how busy a place is before going.

Back