• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Proposal: Interviews - The Daily Exposé

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
  • Everyone loves a good interview.

El Heroe Oscuro conducted some interviews ("Meet the PC Member", I believe it was called) with some staff and members before, and that's the sort of shape this would be taking. Like said, everyone loves a good interview, and this would be great content to fill the blog with. I'm interested in conducting these interviews (if someone else is keen on interviewing after awhile, I'd be willing to pass the torch occasionally) - something to be decided is whether or not it should be staff-only, or open to anyone.

Won't follow a specific list of interview questions because that's boring as hell. I'd probably make it up on the spot, go with the flow. ask 8-15 questions, depending on how willing and interesting the interviewee is. looking at a pretty loose, fluid process here.

I kind of want to call it "The Daily Exposé" and format a static intro (an intro that remains similar in every interview, something that attracts the reader and keeps them hooked going into the questions) that has a scandal theme, so it's as if i'm "uncovering dirt" on whoever i'm interviewing. just to throw a creative twist on it.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Definitely fine with interviews in general. How often would you plan on writing them? Not too often may be key as otherwise people just looking at the Daily rather than the forum may just not care.

I would rather that we don't just restrict ourselves to interviewing staff members - showcase artists or fic writers or contest winners for instance by asking them about their work as well as interviewing them imo, which will be more interesting again for people to read who aren't on the forums (or only in parts of the forum).

No objections to the name you've suggested.

An additional creative piece people could do is mock interviews with fictional Pokemon characters - if any of these happen I feel it may be better that they run under a different title/category to differentiate.

Bay

Years
  • Like bobandbill, branching out interviews to other members besides staff would be better. I can also help out if you decide to interview some of the fic writers in the future! His idea of mock interviews with canon characters is good too, agree probably better to have those under a different name.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Definitely fine with interviews in general. How often would you plan on writing them? Not too often may be key as otherwise people just looking at the Daily rather than the forum may just not care.

I would rather that we don't just restrict ourselves to interviewing staff members - showcase artists or fic writers or contest winners for instance by asking them about their work as well as interviewing them imo, which will be more interesting again for people to read who aren't on the forums (or only in parts of the forum).

No objections to the name you've suggested.

An additional creative piece people could do is mock interviews with fictional Pokemon characters - if any of these happen I feel it may be better that they run under a different title/category to differentiate.
    Frequency - not too often at all, maybe once a month or a tad more frequently depending on their popularity, but not nearly as often as biweekly.
    Interviewees - concur. just didn't want to make any assumptions, but i'd love to scout for people to interview that are doing cool things around the community. if anyone has any suggestions for potential candidates, we can collate a small list of people to try and choose from.
    Mock Interviews - that sounds fun, as long as whoever writes them is, well, entertaining/funny. otherwise they might come across as a bit eccentric.

for all these alternative ideas we're coming up with, marcin, perhaps the creation of an ideas compendium is in order? then we can keep track of everything we have no writers for while opening it up for anyone to take control of if they feel so inclined.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • for all these alternative ideas we're coming up with, marcin, perhaps the creation of an ideas compendium is in order? then we can keep track of everything we have no writers for while opening it up for anyone to take control of if they feel so inclined.
    Yeah, I was thinking something along those lines too. I'm currently flipping between a list of ideas had in a thread here, a general 'progress' list of articles that are WIP along with ideas in the main section, or both (separate thread for ideas had in here, and articles currently in progress and highlighting those that need attention).

I think it'd be good if other people can suggest people to interview as well, say if someone from rom hacking staff wants to reward a winner of HotM or highlight someone's new tool through an interview on the Daily.

Do you want to do an interview for the Daily's release, and if so who do you want to interview?

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I love this idea, but I think with our large member base, we could get away with doing twice a month. If you don't want to do it that frequently, that's understandable, but I think it would be alright.

I also think the mock interview idea would be good, it does throw a creative wrinkle into an otherwise mostly nonfiction piece.

Years
  • One or two a month definitely sounds like a good place to start. I wouldn't do any more than that. Yes to it being open to everyone (and now I suddenly wonder if something like this could ever be a decent contest prize, heh. "Win this contest and you win an interview for the blog!").

I love the idea of the mock interviews, although yeah, I'm thinking they might be better off as their own thing instead of put in with the rest of the interviews. Not entirely sure where they would go, though.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I love this idea, but I think with our large member base, we could get away with doing twice a month. If you don't want to do it that frequently, that's understandable, but I think it would be alright.
    One or two a month definitely sounds like a good place to start. I wouldn't do any more than that. Yes to it being open to everyone (and now I suddenly wonder if something like this could ever be a decent contest prize, heh. "Win this contest and you win an interview for the blog!").
    Twice a month as a maximum sounds good to me. Using interviews as an (infrequent) prize seems a decent notion to me as well.
    I also think the mock interview idea would be good, it does throw a creative wrinkle into an otherwise mostly nonfiction piece.
    I love the idea of the mock interviews, although yeah, I'm thinking they might be better off as their own thing instead of put in with the rest of the interviews. Not entirely sure where they would go, though.
    I'll start a separate thread for them. Maybe a category called 'mock interviews' will do for them, clear enough they're a different sort of interview by that (and if that doesn't do it, the content will.)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • *bump* Anything else to add from anyone? Otherwise I will approve the general series. Any plans for who you'll first interview, Ante, and if so when (e.g. for launch, or later?).
    LORD ANTE said:

Last edited:
    Back