• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
I'm not that far yet since I mostly transfered eggs then super trained my pokemons, For now I got Torchic, Mudkip, Pichu and Taillow and I'm just after I met Norman.

Years
Meant to post this last night before going to bed but didn't. Whoops.

Anyway, got my third badge and did a bit of backtracking after going to Verdanturf and clearing the Rusturf Tunnel. Found a few Mega Stones (Mawilite, Aggronite, Pidgeotite, Steelixite, and Manectite) and went back to Granite Cave to catch an Aron (which took FOREVER because I was trying to get one with its Hidden Ability). Currently on Route 111 with EXP Share on to hopefully catch my newest team members up in levels.

My team:

Spoiler:

And for anyone wondering, I got the Nest, Dusk, and Timer balls through the mine cart game on PGL.

Years
Well, after 90 minutes, I'm in Rustboro. I managed to find a Steel Wing Taillow and a Twister Wingull, so those two are with me, along with my Torchic.

NocturnLeader

Team Nocturn Leader
Years
currently in Fallarbor town... Team is looking great. My Nuzleaf is now a Shiftry, I got a leaf stone and satchel from pokemon global .... Now I need to Evolve Spirtzee if anyone wants to help with that Great!

Need to train more as I venture off towards Team Aqua!

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Update for me!

I just beat the petalburg gym, currently on route 118. I have started to use the super training. I have also made my secret base (which I'll upload in a little bit).

My current team is:

Tamriel (Sceptile) lvl 37
Metang lvl 37
Bear (mightyenna) lvl 38
Snowbird (glalie from demo) lvl 42

NocturnLeader

Team Nocturn Leader
Years
Thanks ASH for trading with me!

I just defeated team Aqua and onto the 4th gym. Also have a Mysterious Egg that I will hatch from ASH.

Years
I made it to Mauville, and I just beat Wally again. I also caught a Fake Tears Whismur. That Whismur and my Torchic have since evolved.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I am having a blast with Alpha Sapphire! So much fun. I just made it to the new redesigned Mauville as well. I just beat Wally and am exploring, because there is so much to explore in Mauville now!

My squad:

Grovyle Level 25
Swellow Level 22
Ralts Level 18
Electrike Level 17
Metang Level 22
Mightyena Level 21

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
Started Omega Ruby. Chose May of course but used my own name. Pleased with the giant Lapras plush in my room XD (And the Wii U lol)
Met Brendon and soon found Prof Birch and chose my percious Pokemon Torchic. Saved Birch and recieved my warm fire bird for myself. Really enjoying the overland itself.
Got to Oldale town. After seeing Pokeballs were out of stock, went to the next route to find Brendan on Route 103 who wished to battle. Barely won the battle, as Torchic is still just a few levels. Trained Brendon back to the Lab and got my Pokedex! :D
Torchic was named Bandana. My Torchic plush wears May's bandana, so in honor of the retired Bandana of May he was given this name XD
Started going back and got to Petalburg City only to hear a boy named Wally was missing. Upon entering Norman's Gym, Wally himself asks him politely for help getting his own Pokemon. Scince I had already became a trainer, it was decided I would assist him. With the help of Norman's Zigzagoon, Wally caught his own Ralts! Excited and filled with joy we return to Normal and Wally issues plenty of thanks. Wally leaves to move Cities with his new Ralts. Normal promises after obtaining 4 badges he will battle me fair for the Badge he holds.

NocturnLeader

Team Nocturn Leader
Years
So I feel cheated:

I defeated the 4th gym later and suddenly MAY appears and takes me straight to the 5th gym (My dads gym)...I easily take him out so now I have my 5th badge.
Wally shows up and now he takes me straight to Mauville city... Like WTH is going on did they just take the easy way out and just say Heck you lucky were doing this ...?

Anyways This game is moving along faster than I expected.

My Team:

Croagunk: Lv 36
Shiftry: Lv 36
Pidgeot: Lv 38
Marshtomp: Lv 34
Aromatisse: Lv 31
Fayana (Delphox): Lv 39

Years
Norman is pathetically easy if you have a Pokemon with Protect, like my Pelipper. Anyways, I'm back in Mauville, on my way to Fortree City to challenge Winona. I have a Combusken, Swellow, Pelipper, Loudred, and Sandslash with me, and I hope to pick up a 6th team member soon.

Years
Have six badges and just cleared Magma Base, on my way to Mossdeep now (I think).

Current Team:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 24, 2014
Just got through the second gym. I'm super excited. Hoenn is by far my favorite region. Now to grind out another 5 hours of AS.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
Candela's Hoenn Journal: Day 1

I decided to go as a guy (since I like his hair-hat), named Chronos.

Moving out into the town of Littleroot, my mind was filled with nostalgia, as looking at the entry screen with a screenshot of Ruby and Sapphire's old intro with Professor Birch came up. It was not what I expected at all, and I am so glad that they placed it in.

After coming outside and doing all those things with the neighbors, I went to grab Treecko from Professor Birch's bag. I was hoping for a female, just because it was the gender of my first starter. Alas, I ended up with a male. Nicknamed Scepteelee just to reminiscence my old Emerald Treecko. Lame, I know, but hey, I might change it by the time I reach Slateport.

After retrieving Treecko, I went to route 103 to battle May. At first I was worried that her Torchic might use Ember on me, but man was I wrong. May, you have the cutest expression ever. I didn't regret going as a guy now. :3

Anyway, with all that done, and after obtaining the Pokedex as well as the DexNav, I immediately tried to do some sneaking. Little do I know that sneaking wasn't a feature 'til you went through the tutorial with May/Brendan. Man, I ended up circling for a bit before knowing.

Anyway, caught a female Poochyena with Thunder Fang, nicknamed Nana. Will be useful against Flying types though, but eh... I'll be catching a Feebas later anyway. Entering route 102 and I ended up spotting a male Zigzagoon with Charm. Caught and nicknamed Charming, 'cause I'm that original lol. I ended up catching a male Seedot with Beat Up nicknamed Gangsta, as well as a Surskit with Felt Stinger nicknamed Skittles.

I also encountered a Ralts shaking spot before I entered Petalburg. Nice, too bad it was a guy. I prefer Gardevoir as female myself, but eh Gallade's good too. Now I'm hoping that by the time he could evolve, I already got my Dawn Stone in my bag... Or I can always not use it. Honestly, Hoenn contains most of my favorites that I can't choose. Nicknamed Wally, 'cause whenever I think Ralts I think of him.

After watching the tutorial on how to catch Pokemon by Wally, I obtained the PlayNav and immediately traded with a friend who got her copy with me. We traded each other's version-exclusive, and she gave me her Zigzagoon with Mudslap 'cause she's in for the dex data anyway.

Caught a lot of other Pokemon through sneaking (sneaking is fun yo!), and I ended my journey for today over at Rustboro City. I still want to play more, but I need to get my fossil breeding for people done, as well as deal with other things, so I'll probably continue playing by the time they're all done.

Current Team:
Scepteelee | Treecko M | Lv. 13
Nana | Poochyena F | Lv 10
Charming | Zigzagoon M | Lv 10
Wally | Ralts M | Lv 9

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
Day 2 of my Travel Journal:

My events of yesterday started with me preparing to leave Slateport City. Course before I could leave the city, some NPC mentioned a Contest Spectacular star had shown up, so my character went to go see for himself. After meeting the Contest Spectacular star, I decided to enter a Cool Contest Spectacular. I entered it with Obi-Wan and ended up winning. After that, I then left Slateport.

When I was on Route 110, I caught the third member of my team. Course after I caught him, I had to go back to Slateport to buy more Pokeballs. This was because the battle with the Pokemon that became my third team member nearly depleted my supply of them. After going back to Route 110, I decided to go to the Trick House. After clearing it the first time, I started to think that there would only be six levels this time.

After I left the Trick House, I continued through Route 110. While I was on there, I defeated May for the second time. Her Grovyle did not stand a chance against Obi-Wan's Aerial Ace. After that battle, I then I reached Mauville City. Course with the new look of Mauville, it feels more like a mall than a city.
One of the first things I did there was battle Wally for the first time. After defeating him, I got the Mach Bike at Rydel's Cycles. Later, I battled and defeated Wattson to get my third gym badge. I have currently seen 53 Pokemon and caught 25.

Star Wars Jedi Team
Luke (Marshtomp)
L30/Naughty
Hold Item: None
Moves: Rock Smash, Rock Slide, Water Gun, Mud Bomb

Obi-Wan (Tailow -> Swellow)
L26/Lax
Hold Item: None
Moves: Peck, Wing Attack, Aerial Ace, Quick Attack

Anakin (Electrike)
L19/Gentle
Hold Item: Manectite
Moves: Thunder Wave, Thunder Fang, Spark, Quick Attack

Yoda (to be caught)
Mace Windu (to be caught)
Ki-Adi (to be caught)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 12, 2015
Day: 001 [Nov. 21, 2014]

I picked up my copy of Omega Ruby at around 11am-12pm, alongside a Link Amiibo. I was also given a poster, which was pretty cool! I didn't actually start playing until at around 1 or so, though. I went with Omega Ruby because, regardless of Water being my favorite type, Ruby was the game I grew up with and I knew the nostalgia would be great. I'm really glad I did now, since I much rather prefer the exclusive legendaries in this than AS. [Though I do prefer Latias over Latios, but the Eon Ticket will make that all better~]

In any case, I started my adventure and was immediately hit in the face with nostalgia. Absolutely LOVE the beginning of the game. I soft reseted a couple of times to try and see if I could get a nice looking ID # and landed 06161, which I think was pretty cool so I kept it. I also SR'd a couple of times to be able to get an Adamant natured Mudkip!

I embarked on my journey and have since then fallen in love with the DexNav. I have always enjoyed capturing every Pokémon I see, but now that I can actually get an idea of which Pokémon I can get and if I have captured all of the ones available to that area I am in ecstasy! Sneaking is a lot more fun than I thought it would be, too!

I am heavily enjoying the longer PokéDex descriptions along with their nice registration animation; it feels so rewarding! Both when I entered my first Pokémon Center and when I bumped into my first Team Magma Grunt I was just slapped in the face with nostalgia - and I loved it.
Spoiler:
After reaching Rustboro City I realized I hadn't been planting any berries, so I backtracked for a bit to find the patches once more and plant some of the berries I had acquired.

I have been super slow about playing this game, taking in the new features along with getting really distracted from time to time. I worked on getting my Shiny Beldum, SRing for a while to get the right nature I wanted for it before putting it on PokéBank next to the rest of my Event Collection. I then beat the first Gym Leader, Roxanne, witnessed the Devon Parts being stolen and saved just before entering the cave to retrieve them, finishing my playthrough for the day since it had gotten rather late.

~My team up until this point:
259.gif

Marshtomp

287.gif

Slakoth: HM Slave [Cut]

For the most part I tend to only use my starter when playing through the story of any Pokémon game!

---

Day: 002 [Nov. 22, 2014]

On my second day I did not get to play as much as I had liked. Was extremely busy for most of the day, but at least I did get to play some. I started back from where I left off, retrieved the Devon Parts and was taken to Dewford Town. I made it a point to, once again, capture every Pokémon I could in every area, especially that cursed Abra at the Granite Cave. I managed to actually capture it without having dealt any damage to it or given it any status ailments, which was pretty cool!

I made my way back to Dewford, battled Brawly and then came back to Granite Cave once more to meet Steven. I thought the mural looked incredibly cool and I love how they've already started integrating the whole "Primal" thing into the story.

I made my way to Slateford City where I was greeted with the infamous Team Magma waiting line at the Oceanic Museum. I later got to go in, enjoyed the Museum on its own before battling the Grunts on the second floor and getting to meet Maxie for the first time! I now really like what they've done with the character, something that wasn't originally the case back when their redesigns were announced, and enjoyed his small speech about his motives. [I also looked up the same scene online for AS, enjoying the difference in dialogue between the Grunts themselves and their leader. I still prefer Team Magma, which is nice.]

After that was done I met Lisia, a really great addition to the Hoenn cast and entered my first Contest! I was surprised to see I actually won, placing first on the Normal Rank Tough Contest with my Marshtomp! I then picked up my Cosplay Pikachu, absolutely loving the entire concept of it and the fact I own one now.

I then made my way up to Route 110 where I fought with Pokémon countless times trying to get all of the ones in the area. I have yet to get a Plusle to appear. *Grumble Grumble* I saved right before fighting May, knowing I wanted to leave that for tomorrow [today] as it had gotten late already, cursing Plusle as I turned it off.

~My team up until this point:
259.gif

Marshtomp

287.gif

Slakoth: HM Slave [Cut]

300.gif

Skitty: For Flash

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I play so slowly omg I've been having too much fun trying to complete DexNav areas and that.

Matagross - Metagross - 51
Vittoria - Sableye - 51
Teddy - Crobat - 51
Jasper - Sceptile - 51
Trevor - Linoone - 44 (temporary)
Makit - Makuhita - 33 (temporary)

AND I HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN LILYCOVE YET GUYS
I'm holding our for Glalie and Sharpedo but ugh I forgot how long I'd be without them.

Years
Got my seventh badge, dealt with Team Magma, fought Primal Groudon and knocked it out partly because I didn't want to deal with trying to catch it then since it knows Rest and partly because I want to reset for good IVs, and just got my eighth and final badge. Probably not going to head for Victory Road right away since my team's a bit under leveled for the Elite Four at this point. Plus I now have the Eon Flute and there's plenty of other places I haven't been to yet.

Current team:
Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back