• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Pokemon ~ Till' the End of Time (T) (IC)

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
imageedit_1_4003884840_zps9ypnp6in.gif
Talia Grants
Oreburgh City
Chapter 1-1 | And So It Begins...

Current Party:
006.gif
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png

"So this is our contact and leader for this mission...?" Talia questioned, listening to Jupiter's grand introduction on the Holocaster. Well, half-listening may have been a better phrase for it. No sooner had Jupiter gotten past her rather ego-inflated and somewhat annoying introduction, the teenager had essentially tuned out most what the purple-haired woman was saying. "I'm not impressed."

Currently seated on a rather large rock near the mines of Oreburgh City, Talia had decided to go a different route than some of her fellow trainers she had seen enter the city. At least, she assumed they were members of Team Galactic's new recruits. She really did not care to make an ass out of herself, but the teenager was able to determine it was probably no mere coincidence that several trainers started arriving into the city with one, fully evolved Pokémon by their side. One could probably go out on a limb and say it was damn near suspicious and Pokéballs were invented for a reason. Talia would be damned if she would get attention drawn to herself before the first mission.

"Okay... Let's see..." Talia mused, crossing her arms over her chest and glancing up at the sky as she mused. "The mission isn't supposed to be starting for a while yet, so I guess I got some time to kill while I wait for zero-hour. I could go fight the gym leader... but to be honest, that whole badge collecting thing seems to be a waste. It's more like a hopeless goal for kids to try and start a journey to just to fall flat on their faces in failure because they think big dreams are they really need to succeed."

Pausing her thoughts, she glanced down at Ashe's Pokéball, which was clipped to her belt. In particular, it was resting beside five empty balls, given to her by Galactic once she had passed the interview process. Talia figured it must have been some sort of reward for joining their team, as well as some sort of initiative. They probably figured that just one Pokémon would not be enough for future missions... to which some extent, Talia found herself in agreement with. As strong as Ashe was, she knew that just relying on one Pokémon would probably make things more complicated in the long run.

Sighing, Talia hopped off the rock she had made her seat and started to make her way towards the mines. "Guess I might as well see what kinda Pokémon are inside..."

A cool breeze, dim lighting, and tons of rocks were the sights that greeted Talia as she stepped inside Oreburgh's mine. The damp air caused her to shiver slightly, all accented by the sounds of the metallic conveyor belts grinding, transporting rocks and other various minerals out of the mines. She was not the only person to step inside the mine. Several workers and their Machop could be seen excavating around the walls, obviously doing their part to help bring in more revenue to the city's main line of work.

"Hey, kid!" a voice called, grabbing Talia's attention as she spun around towards the entrance. She saw herself standing face to face with a large, rather burly looking man. A dark brown, scruffy beard graced his facial features, his body rather bulky and solid with muscles and dirt gracing his bare arms. "You gonna just stand there all day or are you gonna go inside?"

Talia quickly nodded, stepping aside so the large man could lumber by. "Tourists... Like we don't have enough to deal with without them just standing around and getting in the way."

"What a charmer..." Talia thought, placing a hand on her hip.

The worker paused, glancing over his shoulder. "I can already tell you're gonna be a bother..."

"How interesting. I can tell you're already going to be an ass..."

"Just stay out of the workers' way. I dunno why Roark bothers to open this place to everyone, he knows we ain't here to entertain kids. We work, and it can be dangerous."

"Whatever..."

"Are you listening to me, kid?"

Talia sighed, rolling her eyes as she brushed by the man. "Fine. I hear you."

The teenager did not bother to give the man a second glance as she walked deeper into the mine. She was glad just to be away from the demanding, over-sized buffoon. She was sort of grateful that she was not here for the people. Talia had barely been in the city for a few hours, and she was already sick of the people here. She sincerely hoped that all of Oreburgh City's inhabitants were not this annoying. Waiting until she was fully out of sight of the man, Talia grabbed Ashe's Pokéball and released the Charizard out of its capsule-like device. Ashe let out a small roar as she stretched her wings out, taking a moment to glance around at her surroundings before glancing down at her trainer.

"Sorry for taking so long to get you out of the ball," Talia said to her Charizard quietly, giving her a quick pat on the side of her head as she spoke. "I just wanted to make sure we got in here okay and everything before I did so." Ashe seemed to understand this, giving Talia a small nod of acceptance. "Now... I guess we need to look for a Pokémon... or something?"

Truth be told, Talia was not exactly too sure on the whole matter. She had never actually pictured herself being a trainer before. All she knew about being one came from watching television when she was little and an occasional reading about the profession... which the last time she did either of those came from when she was much younger. Still, if one had heard about it once or twice before then that surely meant that they managed to be retained in one's mind for later use... right? Gesturing for Ashe to follow, the trainer and her Charizard began to make their way down the mine's winding tunnels. They did happen to see a few Pokémon as they traveled through the dimly light paths. However, the occasional Zubat and Geodude were not enough to grab her attention and claim them as a worthy catch. While Talia was not afraid to admit she was new to the catching game, she did like to think she had somewhat of a more refined taste when it came to catching Pokémon.

Time seemed to slowly crawl by for the duo as they walked. Talia was not exactly sure how long they wandered about the mine, but she found herself quickly growing bored of the sights of rocks, dirt, and dust. She even began to find herself regretting coming to the mine as opposed to heading to the route just north of the city proper.

"This is turning into a waste of time," Talia huffed, crossing her arms once more. "Maybe we should just bail. There's still some time, we could check the route to the north or something."

Ashe too seemed rather disappointed by the lack of a challenging opponent to fight against in the mine. The Charizard let out a small growl of annoyance, before her tail flicked a stray rock into a nearby wall. Talia had expected the rock to simply release an echoing sound before possibly turning into dust from the force of the blow into the wall. What she did not expect however, was the sound of a small, agitated growl to come from behind a nearby boulder.

Raising an eyebrow, Talia slowly made her way in the direction that the rock had been sent flying. Curiously, she looked behind the boulder, her eyes widening at the sight of a small, steel-covered creature. It sort of reminded her of a pig... of course, it didn't have a snout or tail, but Talia figured she could argue those kind of semantics with herself later. For the time being, she appeared to succeed in finally encountering a Pokémon that was at the very least interesting. The little creature rubbed his head against the nearby rock, before glancing up at Talia and her Charizard. His eyes narrowed as he tried to make himself look tough, before snorting in annoyance at the trainer and her Pokémon.

latest

"Are you for real...? I've seen more intimidating looking Magikarp..." Talia sighed. Still, she found herself still wanting the thing. "Well... this shouldn't take too long, probably." She glanced over her shoulder at Ashe. A small frown coming to grace her lips. "You'd kill it."

It did not exactly take a rocket scientist to know that Ashe probably outmatched the small by quite a fair margin. Of course, since it got hit by the rock...

A small smile suddenly tugged at her lips. "Ashe... flick another rock!"

Ashe let out a growl and a nod. Her tail slapped against another nearby rock, sending it flying towards the small, steel Pokémon. It quickly tried to get out of the way, just barely dodging the rock in the process. The tiny creature looked quite annoyed now. With another snort, it began to charge towards Ashe... just in time for the Charizard to literally put her foot down. On the creature. Holding it back. With a yawn. Talia found herself having to fight back the urge to actually giggle at this scene. She was not sure who she felt more sorry for. Ashe, for having to fight such a tiny opponent... or the wild Pokémon for being so outclassed.

Eventually, Talia felt it was time to take pity on the both of them. "Just... I dunno, smack it with your tail?"

Ashe did just that. The Charizard jumped back just enough, before slamming her tail down in the direction of the small, steel Pokémon. It was enough to send the poor thing flying in the air, smacking into the nearby wall that Ashe had sent the rock in not long before. The tiny creature let out a groan of pain as he struggled to get back up to his feet... only to quickly pass out there after. Not letting the opportunity go to waste, Talia tossed the ball and quickly made her catch.

Aron Was Caught!
304.gif

Nature: Brave, Tries to be a tough guy!
Moves: Headbutt, Iron Head, Iron Defense, Roar, Mud Slap

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Commander Jupiter
435.png

"R-Right," Jupiter said to the fairly young trainer. She couldn't help going an even deeper red. Not only did her eyes were as pure as the lakes of the region, but her voice was even more soothing to listen to. It was too much. "W-Wait, don't think I'm interested in you or anything! This was just.. a coincidence, bumping into you here."

Jupiter took another glimpse of her. Goodness, she's so... adorable... like a Sunforla hugging a smiling Wooper on a summer's day... She stood there in an awkward silence before finally turning around. "You're one of those trainers, right?" she asked. "Team Galactic has no room for weaklings. Remember that. I... I want to see you do well, is all." She then took one last glimpse of the blond-trainer which she then bolted out of the scene in an blushed embarrassment.

She unwittingly managed to make her way upon the outside walls of the Oreburgh museum, her heart pounding as fast as ever. She also felt hot, so, she used her right hand to fan herself, in a small attempt to recompose herself. Fortunately, even still flustered, she could hear her heart slow down to it's normal pacing, she had a quick look at the sky. It was getting dark, close to nightfall. She then heard many people, coming in and out of the museum. It was finally time to go to work.

She took out her Holo Caster device, playing a message for her underlings:

"L-Listen up, geeks, it's time to get to work! So, finish w-whatever you're trying to do, and get your BUTTS OVER TO THE MUSEUM NOW!!"

__________________________________________​

Mission Update: Head for the Museum as quick as you can! Jupiter will be waiting for you, hiding near the side, watching the front entrance.​

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
Years

V_zpshkjkx4ye.png

Victoria Levi
vi_zpsadnl8zzw.png

Act 1.2 - Playing the Fool
359.gif
403.gif
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png

The night was going to be a long one, so after snagging a new fluffy friend, Victoria and Sabre headed to the Pokémon center for some preemptive R&R.

After healing her Pokémon she took a seat by a couch in a secluded corner of the Pokémon center, along with a coffee cup and a blueberry muffin. This is where she remains, Sabre sleeping atop her propped feet, Lucius batting a stray stone around on the floor, when the Holo Caster activates.

"About time." Victoria murmurs as Jupiter's face leaps into her field of vision. She sure looks flustered, How professional. Wonder what happened. She probably spooked herself making toast, or something equally ridiculous.

"Let's get to work, boys." She stretches out slowly, popping the kinks out of her back and arms, before collecting both Pokéballs and returning her team members to their cozy homes. Hopping off her couch she strides smoothly towards the Pokémon center's entrance: Tonight is going to be fun.

The walk to the museum is a short one, and it isn't long before she locks eyes on the glory known as master Juniper. Somehow she looks even more ridiculous in person, though that could easily be due to the fact that she's ducked behind the side of the building (yes, let's go with that). Victoria tilts her gaze upward, pretending to be taken in by the museum's tall stature as she makes her way to her superior. It's not until she's within five feet of the loud mouthed woman that she turns her gaze back to her, flashing a knowing smile.

"Master Jupiter." She purrs, her voice slightly higher pitch, and dripping with false admiration as she fills the gap between herself and the commanding officer.

Reactions: noa
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Kae Kassinski
254.png
077.png

The mines would have been beautiful in their natural state. If it was only a cave. But there were thraces of humanity everywhere. Human machines, human tools, human lamps hanging around. Kae had snuck in without any workers seeing her, and she preferred to keep it that way. She mostly just wanted to take a look at the place to see if she could find out anything useful for Team Galactic.

And maybe also because she enjoyed feeling the earth around her. It filled her with calm.

Root tensed up and stopped beside her. "What's wrong?" Kae whispered to him. Noise echoed easily against the rocky walls. He pointed up ahead.

They carefully crept closer and now she could also hear voices. Human voices, and they weren't happy.

"Just knock it out already!" a woman shouted.

Kae and Root turned around a corner in the mines and saw the scene. Three miners, two men and a woman, had apparently been chased into a corner by a very angry Rhyhorn; a bulky pokémon who normally wasn't very aggressive from what Kae knew. Rather, they were usually just pretty dumb. If these people had enraged the poor thing, they must have been doing something bad. Such as dug a mine around Rhyhorn's natural caves. Its home. Kae felt anger flaring up inside of her. Root felt his trainer tense up and smiled at that. He hoped there would be a chance to battle now. He sure did like battling.

"Hey," Kae said as she walked out into the light from a lamp above, placing herself and Root behind Rhyhorn. The wild pokémon turned around and grunted in question at them. The humans looked up, but still mostly looked annoyed.

"What? Oh, you have a big pokémon!" the woman said in realization. "Could you help us chase this beast away please?"

"Why?" Kae asked calmly, crossing her arms.

"It's interfering with our work!"

"Don't you think you have interfered with its life though?"

"What are you talking about?" one of the men said with a groan. "Can you help us or not?"

Kae locked eyes with the Rhyhorn. They were really dumb creatures, but perhaps she could make it understand with actions rather than words.

"Sure. I'll help you get out from here."

"Thanks- wait what?" the woman exclaimed, as Kae started walking forward, the Sceptile closely following her every step. She stopped when she was right next to the Rhyhorn. It started growling and looked like it was about to attack her, but she knew how wild pokémon worked. It was merely testing her. And she showed no hostility towards it. Instead she kept her gaze on the humans for now and made sure that Root didn't wiggle any claws in Rhyhorn's direction either.

"Leaf Storm!" she ordered, and Root's smile grew as he obeyed.

His arms started glowing, as did his eyes, when a whirlwind suddenly whipped up from nowhere, sending razor sharp leaves in a dangerous mini-tornado towards the humans. Their screams did nothing to lessen the attack's intensity as it effectively flushed them away further down the tunnel and out of sight. Probably with a lot more holes in their clothes than before.

"Good work, Root," Kae said and reached up to pet her partner on his cheek. He let out a content clicking noise that probably was the equivalent of purring for reptile pokémon.

Rhyhorn had been watching the events unfolding and was now standing completely still, looking intensely at Kae.

"I don't think there's anything interesting down here," she said. "Only stupid workers and disturbed pokémon. We should go."

She turned and started walking back the same way she came, Root of course following closely as always. After a few steps, though, she stopped and turned back, holding out a hand.

"Are you coming?"

Rhyhorn would probably have leaned its head to the side in contemplation, had its neck not been quite too sturdy for that. Thinking wasn't its greatest strength, but its home was pretty much wrecked and this human was pretty nice and that Sceptile was pretty cool. Sure, why not.

111.png

Kae captured a Rhyhorn!
Personality: Jolly and Caring
Ability: Rock Head
Moveset: Horn Attack| Fury Attack | Stomp | Scary Face | Rock Blast | -

noa

sleeping cutie
Years

rotulona-hand.ffp.png
rotulona-hand.ffp.png

latest
095F.gif

Spoiler:

"U-Umm..." Lucy was taken aback but Jupiter's words. "Yup, I got it. No weaklings. I'll do my best-" Before her words could reach the purple-haired commander, she was already nearly out of Lucy's sight.
"...Well then... What a strange girl. But, she's kind of endearing, right?" Lucy asked Medicine, with a smile. "Let's not let her down." Lucy looked into her bag. "In the meantime, let's get our new friends all healed up before heading to the museum. Let's go!"
Medicine flew after his master as she took off back into town.
Arriving at the Pokemon Center, Lucy took Onix's ball out of her bag and handed it to the friendly nurse at the counter.
"Just this one, please."
"Gotcha." The nurse said, taking the Pokeball and placing it on the healing receptacle behind her.
"I wonder... What I should name the big guy." She quietly said to herself. She started pondering names so intensely that she didn't realize her Onix had been healed, and a small line had formed behind her.
"Ah, s-sorry!" She said, quickly taking the ball and scuttling out of the building.
Lucy checked her surroundings for a large enough place to let her Onix out. She sighed. It was a bit too cramped right now, especially with so many people out and about.
"I'm sorry, buddy. It's just... You're a bit too big, you know?" Lucy laughed quietly. "I'm sure there'll be a chance to let you out soon. Just be patient, okay?" Lucy held the ball to her cheek and could feel it weakly emanating warmth.
"Now, let's go to the museum. Jupiter told everyone to hurry... I wonder if I'm the first one there."
The museum was a brief, 15 minute or so walk from the Pokemon center. Just enough time for Lucy to clear her head and prepare herself for what she might have to deal with. In front of the museum stood Jupiter, as well as a girl around her age that she had never seen before.
"Well... At least I'm not late."
She approached the two women, giving a small nod to make her presence and intentions known.

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years
Jackson_Crane.png

THROUGH THE EYES OF A TEDDY BEAR
Current Location : Oreburgh Museum

tumblr_m1x0tvpVK81qmhpua.gif

"Bitch."

Jackson switched off his holocommunicator in the same way, with the same response as he had earlier. Honestly, this Jupiter chick couldn't get a single sentence across without some back handed insult, who the hell did she think she was? Sure, she was a Team Galactic hire up, but what did that even mean? What did she even have to do to get her hands on that position? Jackson wasn't impressed.

Teddy looked up at Jackson from the ground, his eyes wide and shining. The orange fur all over his body was floofed and fuzzy and he scrambled to his feet since the ground was just a little too cold to sit on right now. There was still a little honey left on his paws... but it wasn't enough to stop his tummy from growling. He'd have to do something to fix this problem, but that was something for later. He looked up at Jackson again, whom kicked a stone aside in frustration because of his mean weird haired boss lady. Teddy thought Jackson was just the coolest. The way he had beat up those super mean sparky guys... and how he had won against the rocky fella with the weird hat... he was super strong! Maybe if Teddy could be like Jackson, then he could be tough too!

With a little run up, Teddy kicked a pebble as hard as he could... and doubled over while whining in pain. That had been way harder and heavier than he had anticipated, he felt as if his paw was going to shatter and fall off. "Eh... what're you doing little guy?" Teddy froze and look up to see Jackson looking down at him in confusion, Mr. Smokey Guy was laughing from Jackson's shadow too. So mean... Teddy quickly stood up and puffed out his chest, doing his best to look impressive, like that stone wasn't even a big deal. Jackson cocked his head slightly and shrugged. "C'mon then Ted, we're off to meet with that witch of a woman."

With that, Jackson took off and Teddy followed suit, doing his best to match Jackson's stride.

Along the way Jackson stopped and pulled out one of his gassy sticks, he lit it with a fire type move machine and started puffing away like one of those purple balls with holes, y'know, the ones that smelled really bad and floated. Teddy thought Jackson just looked so cool, with his arms crossed and puffing away, maybe if Teddy did that too... he'd look cool as well! Looking at his paws, Teddy found a berry stem caught in his honey... that was perfect! Doing his best to cross his little paws, Teddy held the berry stem in his mouth and started making puffing motions with his mouth. Lots of people passing by were looking at Teddy and Jackson as they walked, it was working!

"Eh... Ted, what're you doin'?" Jackson said, looking down at the small pokémon beside him. Teddy beamed up at his trainer triumphantly, pointing eagerly to the stem dangling from his lips. Jackson looked confused for a second, before grinning and laughing alot. "Lookin' cool Ted." With those words Teddy's heart burst with joy and his eyes widened even further as he posed in a rather awesome fashion and kept puffing on the stem.

Eventually Jackson through the gassy stick away and they had to keep going, but Teddy only had one berry stem so he held onto it in his paw as he plodded along after Jackson once again.

After a little bit of walking, Jackson put Teddy back on his shoulders. Teddy felt so huge! He could see everything from up there... including the mean boss lady that made Jackson angry standing in front of a big white building that Teddy used to see humans put old dusty things in. There were a few other people there too, they looked like Trainers, just like Jackson, though Jackson was way cooler of course. Speaking of Jackson, he spoke upon arriving... and Teddy realized that they must have reached their destination.

"Right then, how're we doing this?"

Gengar_footer.png

Last edited:
Years

Felix

Felix was just leaving the Pokemon Center when his Holocaster rang. Lex and Sting were fully rested, and Felix himself had a bandage on his cheek after his... enthusiastic introduction to the hunting strategy of Gligar. Luckily the swelling had already started to go down. Pushing aside those thoughts, he checked out the Holoclip, not at all surprised to see it was from Jupiter, although she seemed a little flustered.

"I was already at the museum!" Felix groaned, snapping shut his Holocaster. "It's not my fault she decided to wait so long. If it was up to me, we would've been in there and ready by now!" He reluctantly headed toward the museum, grumbling the whole way, and wishing he'd grabbed some dinner before the big heist. It felt like hours since he'd eaten those muffins...

There was quite the crowd gathering along the side of the museum. Just to spite Jupiter, Felix took the long way around and approached the group from behind. He snuck up right behind Jupiter, leaning against the wall. "You know, I thought regular museums were boring, but have you taken the tour here? 'Learn the Fascinating History of Coal! Fall asleep by our displays of old mining crap!' I'll be glad if this place burns down..."

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Kae Kassinski
254.png
077.png
111.png

The pokémon center was busy in the evening. All trainers who had roamed the outskirts of Oreburgh all day, looking for pokémon to capture or trainers to battle, returned for some rest and safety from nature. Kae was one of them, even though she didn't exactly think this place was safer than the free fresh nature outside.

She had just received her three occupied pokéballs back from the nurse at the counter, when the Holocaster beeped again. Resisting the habit of letting Root out of his pokéball immediately, she instead put the orbs away and took the messaging device out as she sat down in a corner of the big hall.

"L-Listen up, geeks, it's time to get to work! So, finish w-whatever you're trying to do, and get your BUTTS OVER TO THE MUSEUM NOW!!"

Quickly looking around to make sure that nobody was looking curiously in her direction as if they had overheard the voice message, she put the machine away again and rose up. Outside of the building, the air was already chilly from the evening breeze.

"Break's up," she said, letting all of her pokémon out from their pokéballs. Root grinned at his new teammates, Crash the Rhyhorn smiled carefully at them, and althogh Coal the Ponyta looked a bit skeptic, he nodded determinedly towards his trainer. "Alright. Glad to see you're with me on this," Kae continued. "Let's do this job."

She returned all of them to the pokéballs anew, and made her way to the museum.

After a fairly short walk, she reached it, but didn't spot Jupiter anywhere. Perhaps she had been wise enough to hide a way somehow? Indeed, as soon as she turned around a corner, she spotted a group of shady people standing around as if they were waiting for something. One of them were certainly the Galactic leaderperson Jupiter.

Since she wasn't sure of if these other people were awful humans like most humans were, yet, or if they were actually decent beings, she decided to just quietly join the crowd without greeting anybody other than with a quick nod towards Jupiter.

Lumo

Professional Kleptomaniac
Years
Mikael
sableye-mega.png

"Crap," Mikael said. "We're gonna be late." He put away the holocaster and started running. Did they have to start so soon? He hadn't even made it to Oreburgh yet. He was somewhere on route 207, but he had he to be closing in. The all to familiar stench of coal, stone and arrested parents had started to fill his nose. He was more pissed than stressed, however; not only did he have to come back to that dump they call a town, but he also had to help rob the museum. It wasn't exactly good for his mood.

Oreburgh was just ahead now. He took of his beanie, and hid deep inside his hood. The last thing he needed right now was to be recognized. He decided to head to the pokemon center first, neither Mikael nor Korin had eaten all day. If they were going to help rob a museum, they would need to be well fed.

"God I hope the boss lady doesn't chew us out for this," Mikael said as he was hastily gulping down his meal. Korin stopped eating and gave him a confused stare. "Well, she's not exactly gonna give us a medal for stopping to eat, despite the fact that we were already late to our first mission." Korin nodded excitedly and started and started eating even faster. "Alright, let's bolt," Mikael burst out when he was done chewing.

He returned Korin to his ball and left without paying.

He hadn't lived here for more than a couple months as a child. He still knew his way around though. Not much had changed. Except for the rudeness of citizens. He decided that he probably had time to run past his old house, just to see it one last time. He was schocked to find it in ruins. It was run down and broken, there was graffit on the front of the house. No one had bothered repairing it. He didn't know what had happened to leave the house in such a state and he wasn't about to ask someone. So he left.

Finally on his way to the museum, Mikael was panting like no other. It wasn't that far from his old house to the museum, but he was running at top speed. The type of speed he'd use to run away from the police or angry wallet-owners. He had finally arrived, but there was no one there, he could hear faint chattering coming from around the corner.

He stepped around the corner to see a crowd, gathered around a strange purple haired woman. Hopefully he wasn't too late. Still panting, Mikael greeted the crowd, "Hey or whatever, good to meet ya." Without thinking, he put his arm on the shoulder of the smoking gentleman and tried to control his breathing. "Let's rob the museum....or....something"

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
Talia Grants
Oreburgh City
Chapter 1-2 | Late Night Rendezvous

Current Party:
006.gif
304.gif
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png

The first stars of the night were starting to fill the sky as Talia left the Oreburgh Pokémon Center. While Ashe was hardly battle weary from the encounter with Aron back in the city mine, the teenager still thought it was probably a good idea to grab a quick stop there and take the time to heal up the Charizard. Plus, she was sure that her newly caught Aron would appreciate the treatment as well. That said, Talia had some doubts as to whether or not she would even need the little Pokémon to assist in this first mission. He was still fairly weak for the time being. Plus, Ashe was... well, a Charizard. They did not exactly go through life being known for being pushovers.

She casually made her way over towards the meeting place Jupiter had mentioned in the message she sent out. Talia had not yet actually met any of her fellow team members. Despite her usual approach to gatherings, that being the fact that she absolutely hated them, the black-haired girl was curious to see what sort of people had been recruited into Team Galactic. With the interview they had given her, Talia had the feeling the standards were probably set quite high. After all, it would not do them any good to recruit just any random person off the street.

Turning the corner, Talia eventually came to her destination of the museum. She was cautious in her approach, wanting to make sure that should a quick escape be needed that she could easily book it with little to no issues. What awaited her in the meeting spot... was not helpful in boosting her morale. For starters, Jupiter was no where to be seen. Second, the people that had been gathering by the museum... none of them looked to be the slightest bit professional, much less clued in, on what was actually going on.

"Some of them even have their Pokémon waltzing around out of their balls? Are they trying to call out attention to themselves...?" Talia questioned, going as far as to actually facepalm at the sight of such ridiculousness. "Why not just draw a huge bulls-eye while we're at it and scream at our lungs that we're here to break into a museum?"

Rolling her eyes at how disappointing this was turning out to be so far, Talia made her way to a large stone on the ground, claiming it for a seat as she waited for further instruction. Something told her this was going to be a long night...

Years
  • Age 29
  • home
  • Seen Aug 16, 2023

ODETTE RADIUJU
_→ Oreburgh City: museum grounds

gardevoir-mega.png
Grace
N: Modest
Moveset

gligar.png

Gligar
N: Jolly
Moveset
RECONNAISSANCE​
The small, purple Pokémon was circling above the back of the museum warehouse. His brand new trainer had instructed him to find a way inside, specifically through a certain open window she'd mentioned. But in reality, Gligar wasn't interested in sneaking into ugly, human-made buildings at all - much less if they were out of sight of his audience. He was an artist, performed best in front of a crowd. His tricks and skills shouldn't be wasted in back alleys like this! They should be adored, venerated, admired by all, so none could tear their eyes away from him!

It was getting dark, too. The sky's colour had turned slowly darker, its hues ranging down to the warm colours of the evening. With less light, there was less opportunity for his performance to shine as well... but then night was the time the real stars shone. Gligar skillfully circled downward around a larntern pole, and surveyed the buildings to look for clues. Most places he could only see large file cabinets. Perhaps to his trainer, those meant anything, but Odette had known better than to rely on a Pokémon's ability to read. She instructed him with one thing only: find lots and lots of ''weird-looking rocks. You can do that, can't you?''

Gligar patted his own chest with his claw as if to reassure her again that of course he was up to the task. He'd seen rocks before. Weird-looking ones too. Round or sharp, the works. But to find those, it seemed he had to go inside one of these dull-looking buildings first. And so, he adjusted his course to aim right for the open window of one of them. An easy feat for a Pokémon as agile as---

BANG!

His face must've looked hilarious if anyone'd been standing on the other side of the window. What had he even flown into? An invisible barrier? Living in the wild Gligar had never encountered glass before, so this shook him up more than a little. The impact had made quite a bit of sound as well, so as soon as he regained his senses he crawled upward, entering the building through the crack on which the window was left open.

Inside, he didn't see much of value. Cabinets, desks, chairs. No pretty rocks. He stumbled around, much preferring flying over walking, but there wasn't enough wind or even space to glide in here. So there was no choice but to go around on his stubby feet. Eventually he managed to reach a door at the other end of the room - one that he knew through his sonar led to a much larger one. But there were also clearly humans in there. This was a job for Gligar, master of espionage.

He jumped up just far enough to grab the knob, and the door swung open with him hanging from it. Wary for any sign of alarm or humans approaching, he silently let himself back down onto the floor with his tail, before peeking around the door and running out into the next room... and boy, had he hit the motherlode.

- - -​

Meanwhile, his trainer stood waiting with her back against the back of the museum building. She made sure to stay out of any direct light, but didn't dare venture much further onto the premises at nightfall herself anymore. So Odette sent an emissary, though with little confidence in his ability... but oh well. If he was stupid enough to get himself caught on a simple reconnaissance mission, she was better off without him anyway.

She absentmindedly ran her fingers over the edge of her brooch, when her Holo Caster notified her of a new message. She quickly made sure nobody else was around, before turning to face the wall and attempting to view the message as discreetly as possible.

''L-Listen up, geeks, it's time to get to work! So, finish w-whatever you're trying to do, and get your BUTTS OVER TO THE MUSEUM NOW!!''​

Ugh. Loud and clear. She was practically there already, so if a large commotion were to start she was likely in earshot... but for now, she didn't exactly want to leave here yet, at least until the latest addition to her team returned. Hopefully with good news.

- - -​

Gligar stood atop a small metal stairway that led down into a huge warehouse. There were large shelving units all throughout, some with more paper, some with plastic-covered things... but near the middle there was certainly a large number with rocks on them. The Pokémon grinned widely as they caught his eye. Time to take a closer look! He climbed up on the railing before lauching himself into the air of the warehouse, quickly gliding to one of the suspect shelves. Perfect! These were just the weird-looking rocks he knew his Trainer wanted!

He stacked his arms full with as many as he could carry... but that meant flying was out. No choice but to make his way back up the stairs walking. But down here there were quite a few humans about. Gligar snuck through, around and underneath the cabinets, until he finally made his way back to the foot of the stairs, still undetected. He was so proud, and surely this way he'd impress Odette and her beautiful other Pokémon too! All he had to do was walk up the stairs, get out the window, and make his glorious return. They'd be swooning over him in no time!

Step by step he climbed the stairs back up, though they were very tall for his short legs, and the mountain of fossils he was carrying didn't make keeping balance any easier. Just as he reached the top of the stairs, his recklessness took its toll. Leaning back just too far, he misstepped, barely managing to break his fall with his tail - but it was too late for his loot. The rock fossils tumbled down the metal stairs, creating a massive amount of noise, inevitably setting the humans on high alert, and he heard them shouting and rushing over. Gligar barely managed to grab one of the rocks out of the air still, but there was no time to waste.

''Intruder! There's a thieving Gligar in here!''​

Humans made it to the bottom of the stairs and he'd been spotted instantly. Luckily the landslide of fossils slowed then down as they had to pay attention not to step on their precious wares, but they came up the stairs so quickly... Taking his last remaining fossil into his tail claw, he ran into the other room and leapt to take off. Gliding around the room once to find the right angle, and avoiding the human arms clawing at him, until he made for the window crack... and seamlessly slid his body through. In his panic he hadn't anticipated the size of the rock in his tail however, and he got stuck with it in between.

"It's stuck! Get it! Close the window!"​

The humans caught up. Donning overalls or labcoats with big glasses, their arms outstretched to the intruder, and they tried to slam the window closed, jamming Gligar's tail in between. He yelped in pain, and immediately let go of the final fossil, but at least managed to pull his tail out of there. Flapping his wings a few times in front of the window, he stuck out his tongue to the humans inside as far as it would go, before wincing once more and disappearing into the night sky.

- - -​

Odette looked up and finally stopped leaning against the wall when she saw her Gligar flying back. He awkwardly landed in front of her. His trainer crossed her arms, and intimidatingly bowed over him a little.

''Well? Where are the rocks?''​

Gligar shuffled on his feet in front of her, but after a single glance he simply averted his gaze. Mission failed, and this was a tough crowd as it was.

''Bah. I should've expected as much. You probably didn't even manage to go inside anywhere, did you? Whatever, let's go.''​

The purple Pokémon cried out in protest, and gestured to his injured tail for proof... but before it could even be acknowledged, he was engulfed by the red light of the Pokéball summoning him back inside.

Odette sighed, and walked back out to the front of the museum, where she saw a group of accomplices had gathered already. She quietly took a place near the entrance, leaning against the wall once more, so she could keep a clear oversight over the area and wait for orders.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Kae Kassinski
254.png
077.png
111.png

"Hey or whatever, good to meet ya," one of the trainers arriving after Kae said. She didn't bother to nod at him, even. "Let's rob the museum....or....something!"

Wow, these people really didn't have a plan or reason for being there, did they? Kae wanted to show humanity a lesson. Some of these people simply looked... Bored. Or too eager. One or the other. Jupiter had probably lured some here just beacuse they wanted to do something, wreck society or whatever. It would be nice if there was actually somebody who shared her views here. But she had yet to met another pokémon trainer whom she truly respected. Best not to get her hopes up. Yet.​

Lumo

Years
Mikael
sableye-mega.png

Finally in control of his breath; Mikael stopped leaning on the smoking man. These people looked either angry or bored. That blond girl looked like she was having fun sucking up to the "boss" though. He figured this might not be the best time to shake hands and drink tea with his newfound friends. He hadn't drunk tea in ages, he could really go for some right now. Wait, he didn't have time for tea, he didn't have a plan. How do you rob a place without a plan? Only idiots did that. He sat down on the ground and started to think. Nope, nothing, he was too exhausted to think. He could feel the skeptical stare of the red haired woman. Did she think she was better than him? It annoyed him tremendously, so he glared back.

"I could really go for some tea right now," he bursted out; completely oblivious to the fact that he was glaring at "red-hair". A big evil grin was growing on his face; he'd get to show them what he could do.

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Commander Jupiter
435.png

"Hmph, well, aren't you geeks fun at a party?" Jupiter sarcastically jested. "Whatever. Now that we're all here, let's get on to business, yes? Take a look over there." she glanced over a section where there were many limos and fancy cars, coming towards the same destination - the museum. The people who owned the vehicles seemed to be rich and well off, as if the not so inconspicuous clothing wasn't indication enough.

"It looks like the flies are starting to gather," Jupiter pointed out. "Those fancy people? Those are the black market buyers. According to reports, they seemingly come to have a VIP access to a secret area in the museum. Hah. But all those exclusive fossils and nuggets are what they're really offer for cold cash. Which, by the way? About those fossils..."

Jupiter turned back towards the group, leaning backside against the museum's outside brick wall. "...We've received disturbing intel. Wanna know how they're getting much more material over the course of the years? Those so called 'workers' were just a front on making an honest job of fossil digging - no, they use nothing but cruel labor. Cruel, slave and child labor..."

She looked down depressingly to the ground. Even the news were discomforting to her. "The adults who live poverty... all taken away and forced to work in different sites of Sinnoh. The children? Forced to work even harder. 'They have way more energy!' they say over a round of they're cigars... and the mastermind? That baby-faced Roark. My foolish brother."

Jupiter scuffed at the ground as she looked back towards her underlings. "Yeah, he's my brother. Have any questions? You can ask after work. Speaking of work, I decided, screw sneaking! It's time for the direct approach." Jupiter snapped her fingers once, as a galactic grunt brought over a metallic case. Inside, a small peculiar oval-shaped metal object. "Feast your eyes kiddos - This is called, the Galactic Bomb. Or at least, a prototype. While the finished model will create an explosion large enough to swallow Jublife City and then some, this protoype will create one just large enough to create a opening for us, and to create a nice... disturbance!"

Jupiter chuckled. "Oh, and you'll never guess the inspiration - I read a manga where the main protagonist blew up his old base to steal a device to steal a machine that captures Pokemon! It's perfect! Anyway..." She grasped the device in one hand as she planted it on the wall. "Any final thoughts before I this puppy? If not, then you miiiight wanna step back."

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
Talia Grants
Oreburgh City
Chapter 1-3 | A Plan Revealed

Current Party:
006.gif
304.gif
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png

Talia merely sat in disbelief as she listened to Jupiter's plan, as well as a small story to go with it. She figured that Jupiter may have been wanting them to be surprised at the revelation that Roark was actually her brother. The dark-haired teenager might have actually had a stronger reaction to the big reveal... had it not been for the leader's grand idea... that she revealed to be ripped straight from the pages of a comic.

"...Are you serious...?" Talia questioned, glancing over in Jupiter's direction. "That's your grand idea? To walk right in, make some huge scene, threaten to blow things up with a bomb and then ride off victorious?"

The teenager slid off the rock she had been sitting on, making her way towards Jupiter as she continued. "Did you actually think any of this through? Have you taken a moment to consider the fact that this is real life and not a comic book? It's starting to feel like you just pulled this whole thing out of your ass..." She paused, her eyes narrowing as that final revelation came to light. "And your brother...? So, while we're doing this questioning, how much of this is legit and not just some sibling squabble, huh?"

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
Years

V_zpshkjkx4ye.png

Victoria Levi
vi_zpsadnl8zzw.png

Act 1.3 - Wait, what?
359.gif
403.gif
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Pokeball.png
Oh yeah, she remembered that comic. She read it way back in the day, when she and her 'gang' of angst ridden teens would gather around a comic book store to brood about their parental guardians and how boring Snowpoint City was. Ah, such innocent times—Wait, is Jupiter serious?

Their leader wants to blow a hole in a crowded museum and then rob it blind.
Holy crap. This woman is more stupid than Victoria gave her credit for—and Victoria was giving her plenty of credit for being a complete moron.

The rest of Jupiter's story slipped from her mind as she stared at the woman in charge, hoping that thing she just strapped to the wall would spew confetti, and their moronic head would laugh at them for falling for such a prank.
Nope, she is really, really not.

"...Are you serious...?"

A voice spoke up, one of the cadets around her; a lovely voice that called Jupiter out without hesitation.

The girl stepped forward, placing herself in front of Jupiter, and continued her accusations.

'Ooh, I like her~' Victoria thinks to herself as the teen continues her vicious assault. Her visible eye flickers from Talia to Jupiter. Maybe the girl's words would knock some sense into her, if not…perhaps it's time to knock out their grandmaster and do this with an inkling of intelligence.

[/FONT]

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Kae Kassinski
254.png
077.png
111.png

Contrary to the skeptical trainers around her, Kae loved the plan. No unnecessary squabbling or tip toeing; they all seemed to have strong pokémon. They should just barge in and get what they came for. She couldn't help but smiling at the thought, even though Jupiter's stories made her blood boil. She didn't care much for humans in general, poor nor rich, but the children... That was just another proof of how terrible the human race was. Making their own children do dirty work.

"I'm with you," she said loudly, with an intense nod towards Jupiter. "Didn't you hear her? Better step back," she then told the other trainers, without even looking at them. She grabbed Root's pokéball and touched the locket around her neck with the other. She just knew they were both in the mood for Mega Evolution today.​

Lumo

Years
Mikael
sableye-mega.png

Korin's pokeball was shaking, probably from excitement. Mikael wasn't trying too hard to contain himself either. He was smile was so big that if he crouched down and painted himself purple, you could mistake for a sableye. Maybe coming back here wasn't so bad after all, not if the place blew up. He jumped up on his feet and came in closer to Jupiter.

"Count me in, Jupiter!" Mikael proclaimed vigorously, without a hint of fear in his voice. "But why don't we just blow the entire place up instead?" Those rich bastards enslaving the poor- and even worse: children, deserved to die, or at the very least get badly injured.

Even if the entire place didn't blow up- he was ready to bust some heads and steal jewelry.

noa

sleeping cutie
Years

rotulona-hand.ffp.png
rotulona-hand.ffp.png

Spr_4d_015.png
095.png

...An explosion? But... what about nearby civilians? On one hand, Lucy knew that she was going to get involved in situations like this. People were going to get hurt due to Team Galactic's actions- that's just the way it is. On the other, she couldn't believe that she was soon going to watch the Oreburgh Museum explode. She couldn't help but feel a bit sick to her stomach.
No... This is work. These are bad people we're dealing with. Exploiting children... Are these people even human? She clenched her fist and felt tears begin to form behind her eyes. "I'll... definitely avenge them." She whispered to herself.
But who knew that Roark was behind such a sick and evil program. He seemed like such a nice guy... You really can't trust anyone. I wonder... If Jupiter feels conflicted about this...
Lucy shook her head. No! I'm going to take a stand with Team Galactic... And avenge all those oppressed workers!
Even though things could get a little messy... Somehow, Lucy felt she was doing the right thing. "Alright... I'm ready." She said, taking a few steps back. "Medi... As soon as that bomb goes off... We're gonna all charge in there. Us... and our new team. Are you ready?" Her Beedrill nodded confidently. "There might even be a chance for our new friend to come out and play too." She peered into her bag where her Onix was curled up inside his Pokeball. She took a deep breath.
A single bead of sweat trickled down her face as she awaited the nasty surprise.

Years

Felix

Felix quickly got away from the wall, trying not to laugh. He'd just said he'd be happy if the museum burned down, but this was better than he could have expected. "Not gonna lie, it's not my usual style, with the explosives and the overtness of it all, but I can fully get behind this plan." He took up a position with the others, ready to charge in.

"So, what's the plan of attack? Blow a hole in the wall, charge in, something about stealing a device? I wasn't really listening..." With the obvious exception of Jupiter and her bomb, Felix was the only one who brought a weapon, if one didn't count their Pokemon. If things went wrong, it could get messy, and fast. Just to be sure, he'd keep his newly acquired Gligar on standby, with just his trusty Pinsir out and about. He opened the ball, and awaited further instructions.

Back