• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Likes and Dislikes of Gen V Pokémon

~Akiko

<3
Years
Some of them are really interesting and nice, but for the most part, they seem to be running short on ideas. x]

Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2011
Ducklett is so cute (L)
But Garbador and Trubbish their design is... Blehgs...

ElectricScyther

The lessons we learn
Years
I don't remember what they call Dwebble's evolution, but whatever its name is, it seems weird to me. Maybe if the rocks on top of its back weren't arranged in a perfect cube it would be better.

I also dislike Emolga, but that isn't surprising to me since it looks like Pachirisu, which I didn't like at all.

Rukiabdl

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2011
There are some mediocre Gen 5 pokemon, but thankfully none are as awful as Gardevoir.

Pokémon Trainer Dylan

Pokémon League Champion
Years
When I first heard about the Unova Pokémon I thought that both the names and the designs were absolutely horrible. However, I've now gotten used to them and there aren't any particular ones that bother me much.

Gilgαmesh

There are some mediocre Gen 5 pokemon, but thankfully none are as awful as Gardevoir.

Gardevoir isn't a Gen V, it's Gen III. And I understand that it's your opinion, but I don't think it's awful in any way. ;___; To be honest I thought it's goth equivilant looked kinda worse, to be quite honest. :(

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2012
whew, 22 pages... that took a while...

well some conflicting opinions and a fair bit of DIFFERENT BAD! DIFFERENT BAAAAAD! which is par for the course really.... i remember when gold and silver came out and i was like WTF is this?! but then slowly got used to the new faces. and yeah when the sprites for B&W started showing up i was kinda unsure, but i have to say, overall the genV pokes are pretty good.

i can see why people arnt sure abot the ice cream and trash bag... personally, i really like vanillite, i think he looks cool (pun intended) and love the little puff of icy breath his sprite does, his evolutions tho... hmmmm leave me cold (also intended).

sort of the same with trubbish, trubbish works for me and is pretty cute, however garbodor... meh, i personally am not a fan...

aaaanyways down to my actual likes and dislikes...
the one thing i have found is genV has some pokes that actually make me feel ill when i see them...
oh gods cubchoo... that snot thing is just to gross for words, i was horrified when i first came across this thing, then to my absolute revulsion i watch the snot suck back up its nose then drop back out... i almost threw my ds away from myself in horrified disgust... i have never found mucos coated babies charming nor snot spattered toddlers endearing so i gues the fault is mine... gross. gros gross gross... beartic is ok though...

i also find the timbur line with their exterior veins/tendons a bit ugh so i avoid them at all costs...
other then that its all personal choice i cannot stand watchog, (patrat is ok, obviously a minion of hypnotoad) and lillipup throws me into a murdrous rage whenever i encounter it... hmmm i guess i really am a cat person...

other than that i dont mind most and absolutely love some. zorua/zoroark go down in my book of favorite pokes of all time, just pure glorious awesome, the real deal-breaker for B&W...

im also happy to see bug and ghost types getting some love as the litwick and golett lines are just pure win for me, sky-rocketing to the top of my most loved pokes ever...

yamask, pretty cool and cofagrigus...well overall cool but i just dont dig the arms really just seem thrown on, cool animation though!

ah the bugs, durant cool, the venipede line really cool and the kerrablast/shelmet trade evoltion idea very neat, accelgor just plain cool, hes taking names, you can tell... joltic and evo, also very nice and who cant love larvesta and volcarona? its mothera! MOTHERA! just great, plus the inclusion of super high level evolutions is a nice addition, yeah pain in the posterior but still a neat idea...

im also liking the new dragons, nice to see some pure dragon types, the axew line is very cool and the deino line works for me, and unlike a lot of you i think drudgion is pretty cool...

as for the legendaries, eh, im not really bothered one way or another, the cloud genies, have cool aspects, but like everyone else would of appreciated a bit more variance in appearance...

i am definately a fan of zekrom though, very nice...

hmmm i could natter on for pages but i better wrap it up i guess...

in a nutshell, most of the genV pokes are fine, i feel the fit in the poke'verse well. sure i have some likes and dislikes but no more then the other gens really... i do feel the B&W have brought some of the coolest pokemon to the table though which is no easy task...

okjoek

Hoenn champ
Years
I actualy like the designs of a good number of the pokemon such as durant, Sadly it's outclassed by the other pokemon with the same typing.

As for maractus I find it quite usefull because of the move that increases your defence allowing you to make it very defensive.

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2011
I don't know why but I seem to have a dislike for Scraggy, his animation is a bit weird and he is very annoying to battle!
I also dislike both Patrat and Watchog, mostly because they look stupid and Watchog's name is the most unimaginative ever.

Years
Faves:
Zekrom
Reshiram
Emboar
Samurott
Snivy
Stufisk
Krokkodile

Boldore
Ducklett
Hydregion

Hates(A lot)
Druddegon(What, he looks like a Fakemon--or Crapmon)
Kyurem(Hell, i dunno why. He doesn't even look like a Legendary Pokemon, just a rotten Gundam robot)
Cofagrigus(A coffin? Teach lessons to grave robbers? SO he's a CoFAGrigus.)
Woobat(Zubat Crap...)
Pan and Simi Monkeys(They look like Cilan, Chili, and Cress in a frilly costume)
Joltik and Galvantula(Electric Spiders from hell)
and...
Cryogonal(Worst.. a Robotic Snowflake)

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
Years
I still find most of the new pokemon ugly even after playing through the game a couple of times.

I do like some pokemon though, and here they are:
*Tepig
*Scolipede
*Whimsicott
*Reuniclus
*Mienshao

BlackRay

The other trainer.
Years
Vannilite? I honestly dislike it. I wonder how it doesn't melt when someone does the reliable move of 'Sunny Day'.

Zororoark looks awesome. But the shiny sprite coulda been improved, y'know.
Zekrom is a 10/10. Reshiram is a 9/10.
Starter's look great. So do their evo's.

Most of them look great. But a lot seem to me like they've ran outta ideas.

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I don't get it... Why an Ice Cream Cone? Vanillite is lame, so is Chandelure. But hydregion looks cool, Gigalith looks cool, Concledurr is stupid looking, same with throh and sawk, but I LOVE Mienshao!

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2011
I like

I like all of the new pokemon!!

Oh except [FONT=562616ee7c3d054407c7faa0#940500]Druddegon, but Whimsicott is my fav
[/FONT]

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Whimsicott luv. *w* <3

I agree though, Druddigon just looks too over the top and overdone...it's shiny makes me think of a pumpkin patch and I don't know why. Not a cute pumpkin patch by the way. Though I've gotten used to all of the Unova Pokémon really, and their designs don't really bother me that much like many complain about which practically "ruined the game for them", and I don't see how. :s

Shelmet

Spiraling Disastertastrophe
Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2012
A lot of these newer Pokémon come off as ugly to me, especially Timburr and its evolutionary line. When I first saw it, I thought Druddigon looked kind of cool, but looking at it now, it looks like they tried to make it look really cool to make up for everything else about it. I do like most of the Bug-type Pokémon, though - especially the Venipede line, and Shelmet (obviously).

Years
I think the Ice cream pokemon is getting a bit lazy in designing new ones what next in the food pokemon I also hate cherubi

dreyko

Isolated System.
Years
i absolutely dislike the design of trubbish and garbodor. on a positive note i loved the design of hyrdreigon, it just seems like a cool dragon type pokemon and it has cool typing =)

Back