• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Likes and Dislikes of Gen V Pokémon

Years
  • I loved Archeops/Archen, Durant, and Galvantula especially the instant I saw them, as well as Snivy, for reminding me of my all time favorite, Treecko. I still hate Garbodor, haha, I can just imagine the smell it must make, blech. I also don't like Alomomola, too pink for my liking. I have grown to love many that a disliked at first though, such as Gigalith, Jellicent, and Ferrothorn.

Scythemantis

retiredededed
    Years
  • So like, the instant I even heard there was a pokemon made of garbage, I knew it would be my new favorite and that its design couldn't possibly go wrong. When I actually saw it, Garbodor exceeded my highest expectations. Let me run down the reasons I adore Garbodor:

1) He's very reminiscent of two of my other favorite monsters, Hedorah and Raremon. I just love those freaky, bug-eyed filth creatures.

2) He's the most MONSTROUS looking Pokemon since Weezing.

3) The eerie, staring eyes and screaming mouth make it look like it's in constant misery, and are also hilarious.

4) It's one of the few amorphous Pokemon besides Muk and Ditto, but has a lot more going on in its design.

5) It tears open when it evolves from Trubbish. It pretty much forms a body from its guts, which are also trash. It joins the ranks of Marowak, Parasect and Banette as one of the darker, more morbid pokes.

6) Wearing the old torn-up skin like a Luchador mask is just too cute.

I can't believe how many people hate him for being "ugly," and other people who hate him for being made of inanimate materials. If you don't like ugly, biologically impossible things, why play a game originally known as Pocket MONSTERS?

If you're not convinced, do check out some of the awesome fan-art floating around:

http://notkaychan.deviantart.com/art/vs-Subway-Boss-Ingo-216443001?q=boost:popular garbodor&qo=72

http://greliz.deviantart.com/art/Garbodor-179504684?q=boost:popular garbodor&qo=4

http://cannibal-cartoonist.deviantart.com/art/Garbodor-182150555?q=boost:popular garbodor&qo=38

http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=garbodor&order=9&offset=120#/d3h4hur

This is my first post since 2003, and maybe one of my last. I just had to express that no, not everyone is a wuss about Garbodor. He's cooler to me than every other freaking pokemon combined. I don't care how bad his stats and movepool are, he is my lead spiker for life.

TheCondor

Noblesse oblige
    Years
  • I'm actually pretty okay with most of the Gen V designs. How the looks of each pokemon and their animation were tied up really made up their own personality. Although my personal favorites are Reshiram, Mienshao, and Stoutland. The overall look of Gen V is comparably different than to Gen II or I. The pokemon have much more diverse expressions, especially with pokemon like Snivy's smug look or Zorua's mischievous smile. Although a few designs did a look too static, such as Zekrom's. The tail design was interesting, the the rest of the pokemon looks so stiff compared to Reshiram. Audino was another issue, as it didn't look like much of a pokemon than it did some generic moeblob inspired design.

Years
  • I think they could have designed sawk, throh, and cryogonal a little better but that's my only real complaint.
    At first I didn't like trubbish( the anime made me like him! ) and the timburr line but I warmed up to them an conkeldurr is now one of my favorites.
    I loved hydreigon since I first saw a spoiler list, I just wish everything competitive didn't otk him:( lol

Scythemantis

retiredededed
    Years
  • I actually find this gen 100% great. Garbodor is still cooler to me than every other pokemon that ever possibly might exist, but even without him, it would still be my favorite gen. EELEKTROSS is another big reason, I've wanted a leech or lamprey (any sucker-faced, elongate parasite, you know?) since Pokemon began, but would never have counted on it looking that cool or being that competitive. Pure electric with levitate is also cleverly left-field for it.

I also love Stunfisk, because flatfish/flounders/soles/turbots are some of my favorite animals and I like the idea of combining them with an electrical whoopee cushion. I don't see why people hate it just for looking silly. Why does EVERY pokemon need to look fierce or dignified? Variety makes everything better.

I also left out another reason I adore Garbodor:

Muk is a toxic liquid monster originating from polluted water.

Weezing is a toxic gas monster born from air pollution, and levitates.

Garbodor is made from solid dirt and trash, living in landfills/dumps.

Garbodor gives us a complete Land/Water/Air trio of pollution "elementals!"

Last edited:

Mr. Waltzie

Major Fan!
    Years
  • I was really disappointed when I first saw their designs. But this happened on me when I first saw 4th Generation Pokemon too. I got used to their designs and I think they're pretty well designed. It's called addiction perhaps?

ebiltun

Shiny and Event Collector
    Years
  • I really liked the design of Shiny Hydreigon, and Shiny Zorua. I really dislike Trubbish, and Garbodor.

Hydreizard

Seasoned Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    I dont hate any of 'em. 'Cept Swoobat. I rather have Zubat and its evos. Stunfisk seems a bit random but otherwise I thought the designs were unique(spelling?) I just cant hate a pokemon usually and actually the 4th gen was really cool to me. I think it may be mah fav generation(haters gonna hate)

ThePokeBoss

PokePimp
    Years
  • I like the designs, i like the way Zekrom is designed. But Reshiram's Design is somewhat.. Odd to me.. im not sure what it is but i will always choose Zekrom over it.

I dont like Oshowatt that much because.. im not to sure.. but it does pay off with its evolve forms.

Pepo

First Generation Pokémon
    Years
  • They all look like stuffed teddies now. :\ Whatever happened to making big pokemons like Onyx and Dragonite or even Blastoise.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    OH I love Audino. Maybe it will evolve in the next gen; fingers crossed!

boyblunder

[span=“background:#dc4b3 8 url('https://i.imgur.co
    Years
  • Volcorona <3 - I love at fire bug ;p BUT i wish it had levitate.

Squirtle Hero

Squirtle Hero
    Years
  • Well I don't like Oshawott, But I do like Snivy, and Pignite and Emboar could be better but Tepig is well made

Last edited:

Musharna

~random artist appeared~
    Years
  • I love Oshawott and it's evos, as well as Reshiram, Munna/Musharna, Haxorus, Larvesta and many more.

I don't like Tepig and it's evos, Trubbish and what ever it's evo was called, Stunfisk, Audino, Klink and it's evos, Sawk, Thror, Bouffalant, Tynamo and evos and many more.

So there's many I like and many I don't, but all in all I think it's a pretty good generation.

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2014
    I really like Volcarona. It is designed perfectly and it has lots of references. The story behind it(replacement of Sun) is also very good. What amazes me is her beeorchid-like design, Hathor-like horns and sunspots on wings. They thought it so well. Her cry is very similar to Mothra's cry and it's another reference that makes her epic.

I really dislike Garbodor. Trubbish is a cute pokemon and it had potential but his evo ruined him. It's ugly and not designed well like other ugly pokemons.

funrush

How's it going?
    Years
  • I like the designs of most of the Pokemon this generation. What I don't like is the designs of some legends. Excusing Victini, Reshiram, and Zekrom, the designs of the legends are wierd, to the point where it can be hard to tell they're legendaries. Some examples of these are Terrakion, or the Us trio.

zlip

______
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    I think most of gen 5 is just a Reskinned gen 1:

Tauros=buffalant
    mankey=mienfoo
    gigalith=golem
    Semitoad=poliwraith
    machop family=timburrfamily
    audino=chansey
    Weedle/caterpie familes=venipede/seawaddle family
    areotdactyl=archentops
    pikachu=minccino
    tentacruel=jellicent

just to name a few

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
  • I liked Pawniard/Bisharp., lillipup.

Never liked the name for garbador. Had decent designs, but the name. :/

Years
  • I really like:
    -Mienshao
    -Chandelure
    -Reshiram
    -Serperior (design only)
    -Braviary (it is slow though)

I dislike:
    -Sawk
    -Throh
    -Zekrom
    -Heatmor

Chandelure is so COOL!
    And Reshiram is the most elegant legendary (dragon type) in Pokemon.
    I don't like Zekrom because it is so plain black and it has weird voice.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • Most of the designs are crap in my opinion. The Snivy, Blitzle, and Lilpup line designs are good though (Although with Blitzle and Zebstrika's designs they look like they could have been apart of gen 4)

Back