• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Consortia] Consortia House Common Room

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
Years
  • Hi all, I think I've figured out the answers to round 3 of Who's That Pokémon, which I'll put in a spoiler tag below! It looks like only one person per team can send in a PM, so feel free to double check my answers until you guys feel comfortable sending one in. ^-^ Also, my apologies if this was the wrong place to post this!

Spoiler: Answers
    1: Manectric
    2: Sentret
    3: Dewpider
    4: Meloetta (Aria Forme)

I think you're right, I just double checked them and they seem correct. I can be the one sending the PM if someone didn't already. :)

Years
  • This was somethinh I was about to bring up, I haven't seen a signle post about whos that pokemon, or the pokemon trivia being discussed. Hopefully we'll change that. I came to the same conclusions, besides number 3, but looking at it now I think your right.

So far all discussion in regards to all these events has taken place on discord

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • So far all discussion in regards to all these events has taken place on discord

Didn't know there was a dicord, guess that could've been a bit more clear. Though I guess its my fault for going straight to the events and not the welcome thread, lol. Got it now.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2020
    House Consortia (the obvious go)
    A Pokemon University once was established by the Queen of England/some pokemon region? her Consort sponsored a house and his Arcanine was its mascot. His prince attended the university and was welcomed into House Consortia. This young man was betrayed in a manner most foul by his best friend/fav. Professor from House Doctrina

I like this one better though:
    The Consort and the Arcanine of the Queen
    Once upon a time, House Consortia was one of Nobility. It was created by the once-loved Consort to Queen Triala Parem. He betrayed the queen and her country when he started a war with the neighboring country of Doctrina. Upon learning of the betrayal, the Queen ordered the Consort burned at the stake and it was her own Arcanine that carried out the execution. At the time the house became one that was no longer counted as a loyal house of the crown and the replacement heir(a lower prince 3rd or 4th born of the following Consort) vowed to change that perception and eventually rededicated the house to the throne with a speech that he started by saying: "Consortia is loyal because we were betrayers in the past." In the decades to follow the original saying was mis-translated.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • my version(s)~ c&p from discord really haha.

Long ago, House Canis was one of nobility. They were benevolent rulers who popularized the breeding of Growlithe and Arcanine throughout their region, though not much else could be said about them.

[1] During a year of hardship for all countries, a neighboring lord of came to stay with the Queen and Queen Consort. They offered him what they could, but for him it wasn't enough. In retaliation for this supposed slight, he killed the Queen Consort and began a terrible war between the two houses. House Canis, mourning the loss of their much-loved Queen Consort, dubbed their armies "the soldiers of Consortia" and fought under the regalia of the deceased. The name stuck, as did the vow of loyal friendships to all who did well by them. For they had been on the recieving end of a horrible betrayal, and refused to become such people.

[2] One King of House Canis came to power in a time of prosperity. He took many lovers, but his favorite- and the one dubbed "King Consort"- had been born to the peasant class. This, as well as his percieved benevolence, endeared him to the common people far more than any ruler before him.
    Much later, a year of struggle revealed that the King of House Canis had been hoarding goods rather than sharing them with his people. The citizens retaliated, organizing mobs at the gates of the castle, ready to murder their once-loved king. But before they could break down the gates, the King Consort appeared atop the battlements. Slow and measured, the Consort explained that the king had been slain by their own hand. The betrayal of his people was too great a crime, especially to one who had once been one of them. The citizens rallied and appointed the consort the ruler of House Canis, later to become House Consortia in honor of the ruler most loyal to their subjects. The vow of benevolence and loyalty born from that ruler still carries through today. Never will House Consortia betray their people. Never again.

i didn't name any rulers or give the Consorts genders. there are so little specifications in these lmao. & didn't name doctrina as an antagonist because they may or may not exist in this time? don't wanna step on toes either. so anyway there's that- keep building, everybody, we still have a day or so to refine, yeah?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2020
    lol or Bi that could be a thing OOOH hey what if there are 2 consorts to the Queen and only 1 of them, the Lord of House Consortia betrayed her? It could be an interesting way of altering my nobility story
    Queen Consortia - Today at 10:10 AM
    the problem with that type of betrayal is that consorts never have the power to go to war
    Rosasteria - Today at 10:10 AM
    who says they don't in our universe?
    it's fiction anyway
    Queen Consortia - Today at 10:11 AM
    the general power tiers of nobility
    i think it's more interesting to have like, a sneakier betrayal? like if they do go to war--
    Rosasteria - Today at 10:11 AM
    a general schmeneral normalcy in fiction tropes are psyducking BORING
    Queen Consortia - Today at 10:11 AM
    --it's a result of shady deals etc
    Rosasteria - Today at 10:11 AM
    that's viable
    *Ah
    Queen Consortia - Today at 10:12 AM
    ok but fiction does have to be significantly recognizable to the people of our world, otherwise none of it makes sense. like if we're not going to follow the conventions of royalty, what's the point in having them be royalty
    Rosasteria - Today at 10:14 AM
    ... because they're OUR version of Royalty... there's all kinds of ways ruling governments can be different, ours could be a parliamentary King/Queen with a Co-ruling Counsel or whatever, different countries have different laws, why stick to old schtick when you can be inventive?
    Queen Consortia - Today at 10:15 AM
    the thing is that if we alter it too much, we have to spend time explaining why and how it's altered for the story to make sense, which completely detracts from the story especially when it's going to be so short
    like if this were a novel, whatever, but less than 2k words? yikes exposition-heavy

Queen Consortia - Today at 10:16 AM
    there's not a limit per se but i don't think we're going to manage anything over 5k, which is still really short
    Rosasteria - Today at 10:16 AM
    nah it don't gotta be explained, they'd just have to accept that our Consort in our universe can start a war
    I could to(DO) 5K easy
    but don't need to

This was the start of a brief and somewhat heated debate between myself and QC/Aquacord on Discord. I still think that her first story suggestion and mine can be combined in an interesting and unique fashion.

Opinions on the matters brought up are more than welcome. {:3}
    Specifically: Do we want an Atypical royalty or a more traditional one, and how long ought our Lore be?

I agree that less than 2k is probably a good idea, as it is "merely" Lore, but I could argue that Bards in the old days spread lore in quite a verbose way sometimes even when it was done in song format. Just as a devil's advocate position.

EDIT: Just as clarification I'm willing to do the final write-up if we all were to decide that it can be longer than the 2k limit proposed by QC.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Like I said in the discord, I'm not aiming for any particular wordcount. As long as we can tell a cohesive story, it can be as long or short as anything haha.

update: I have asked Doctrina if using them in our lore would be okay, just waiting on a yes or no. :> personally I think I'd rather have the antagonist not be one of the other houses but it's still a possibility if a) they say yes and b) more of our team wants it to be so!

update2: Doctrina has given us permission to use them in our lore! Now, I don't want to make them out to be particularly evil as a whole or whatever 'cause that's not nice ;-; but a mention, or one or two not-so-nice people who happen to be Doctrina is fine, yeah? But before that we have to decide what direction we're going with our lore as a whole so we can figure out what role they will be playing. So please-- input!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2020
    update2: Doctrina has given us permission to use them in our lore! Now, I don't want to make them out to be particularly evil as a whole or whatever 'cause that's not nice ;-; but a mention, or one or two not-so-nice people who happen to be Doctrina is fine, yeah? But before that we have to decide what direction we're going with our lore as a whole so we can figure out what role they will be playing. So please-- input!

Woot!! Rivalry Established. Aahahah hahaha ahahahahaha! Mine is an Evil Laugh... >:) lol

Yeah, I never thought they would be portrayed as EVIL incarnate. Just as Betrayers of Trustworthiness, which merely fits our Lore requirement. ;)

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I like the first scenario you proposed Anna! I do like the predecessor name of House Canis. I think we could name the Consort Attia, that way there is some sense why it's called Consortia?

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2020
    Guys... the Lore event is also graded on how much OVERALL team effort there was going into the story... PLEASE start posting ideas or OPINIONS at the very least..... PLEASE pretty please with a Cherry on top?

EDIT: Ideas can include an entirely NEW Lore basis if you so choose, it's just we are SUPPOSED to collaborate and guys... we're supposed to be THE "collaborative" team... so just pointing out the Irony if we have input mostly from our current 4 or so main collaborators....

Just as a way of laying out a quick timeframe: We need to be finished by Thursday at 11:59, so Tomorrow(Wed) we need to really solidify what idea we all like the most (whether it's one we have going or a new one posted), and we'll have all of Thurs. to refine and re-work until like 8/9pm at which point someone will have to take over and write out the full submission. As I have said previously I'm more than willing to be the one doing the typing, my WPM is 58, and given guidelines I'm REALLY good at running with an idea. If anyone else prefers to do it be my guest, I just want to finish the submission with as much Collaboration as possible. ;)

I just had the last idea I'm gonna post about a possible Lore. I'll edit it in tomorrow(Wed). Night all. <3

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    [1] During a year of hardship for all countries, a neighboring lord of came to stay with the Queen and Queen Consort. They offered him what they could, but for him it wasn't enough. In retaliation for this supposed slight, he killed the Queen Consort and began a terrible war between the two houses. House Canis, mourning the loss of their much-loved Queen Consort, dubbed their armies "the soldiers of Consortia" and fought under the regalia of the deceased. The name stuck, as did the vow of loyal friendships to all who did well by them. For they had been on the recieving end of a horrible betrayal, and refused to become such people.

I quite like this one as well - since we're pressed for time I think we should roll with it since it's a relatively simple but still effective backstory.

IMO the catalyst in fueling the death of the Queen Consort could be a bit stronger and we could tack something else onto it; if it was something that caused the lord to kill the Consort maybe it could be a bit more personal and grievous than just not offering him enough. I also like the idea of incorporating our house sigils/Pokémon into it, so maybe something like a friendly tournament was held in their honor, but in the battle the Consort's Arcanine severely injured the lord's beloved Ampharos?

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • I'm definitely on the bandwagon that we were betrayed somehow. One thing that could be implemented is how when we were betrayed, the future founder of our house was put in danger but thanks to an Arcanine or her servants/friends/warriors, whatever you want to call them, risked their lives and died in order to save the founder's. As a result, Consortia became the house of loyalty and friendship

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • I keep getting confused while reading this because I'm not used to the word Consort (Don't believe I've heard it before), haha.

I kinda like Asteria's idea more, with us being the betrayers at first. We made our mistakes, and we learned.

Doctrina was a more peaceful kingdom with allies like us, they could be. When the King got power hungry and attacked Doctrina seeing them as a waste of resources. The Queen consort disagree'd with his behavior and actions, she set him to excution, her Mega Arcanite did the deed. However this did not help. House Cains image had already been stained. The followers had killed the Queen's Arcanite (or just died of all age). Rest follows Asteria's idea, with a replacement heir and speech.

Final day.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Alright guys, we have less than a day to go now! :O let me know what the final version is and I'll send it off

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Well, taking a look at this, I'm a bit more partial to Juno's idea based off Aqua's. It seems a bit more like our house since after the betrayal it strengthens our bonds to each other since we were betrayed by someone we called a friend

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    We are killing it GJ guys keep it up proud of u

Ida13

Gone For a While
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    Yes, we are not going to win anyway. Goood luck when team dragon sheep and cute eeveelution are in the lead by 300 points!
    But that's not the point.
    The point is to bring the community together and have fun!
    Don't give up because we are losing
    The GT is almost over
    Go have fun!

Back