Roleplay Theatre The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!

Draconius GO

Old July 3rd, 2017 (4:18 PM).
  • Gold Tier

Nature: Bashful
I'm looking for opinions on everything here, criticism is welcome! Even if you don't have criticism a quick post saying you would be interested in joining would be great motivation!

Spoiler:

Dear Student,

After the fall of Voldemort and the reformation of the Ministry and Wizarding World as a whole, the world seemed to settle into times of peace and prosperity. The Dark Arts were banned, Azkaban was rid of Dementors, and laws were passed to further the push for equality between magic races. But the world was not perfect, many people set in their old and outdated ways, and many were too radical. Even now, nearly a century later, people still argue for and against the oppression of house-elves and the refusal to allow non-human races to wield wands.

Recently there have been more radical groups cropping up to push for these equalities through force and fear, however this is not the most pressing issue at hand. After the dementors were banished from Azkaban we all feared an attack. However, it had been peaceful and calm, the dementors had not shown their withered and scabbed faces in years.

It is clear that they’ve returned now, after a many sightings of dementors and more recently a witnessed Dementor’s Kiss. We all know how stressful these times are and wish to assure you and your parents we are doing everything we can. Research has proved difficult. With no known way to capture and contain a dementor the Ministry is unable to test any of their theories.

The time of peace is coming to an end, with races previously oppressed growing more restless as their pleas are further ignored by the public and Dementors attacking and fleeing strategically. It’s the responsibility of students to start thinking about how they wish to shape this world, and to learn as much as they can to further their future success.

Headmaster of Hogwarts,
Reginald Navarro

Yer a Wizard!

You play a student at Hogwarts, a school that teaches magic, throughout their life as a young wizard or witch. During this rp your character can choose to fight for their beliefs, whether good or evil, for or against authority, and even change the wizarding world as we know it.

The roleplay with be split into Arcs and Chapters. Each chapter will last one week, or two depending on its content and the roleplay’s activity level, however the chapters will never be extended beyond two weeks so keep this in mind.

Each chapter will contain a plot point which sometimes will only be able to be interacted with by a limited number of players. In this case there will be a two day period to express your interest in the OOC thread after which the people involved in the plot point will randomly be chosen.

Each Arc will be composed of various chapters, ending in a final chapter which will wrap up the arc’s plot. At the conclusion of the Arc sign-ups will be re-opened for a week or two before the next Arc begins, provided there is enough space.

Rules

1] No spells which permanently and irreversibly change or kill another character or major NPC without express permission by the character’s creator. If you’re unsure whether a spell falls under this category please don’t hesitate to ask!

2] Follow all RPT rules and guidelines

3] This roleplay is rated T, please keep your posts appropriate for this rating.

4] Original characters only. We don’t need more Weasleys and Potters, nor characters you’ve copied and pasted for a million other roleplays.

5] Try to post at least once every chapter. If you fall behind every once and awhile it's okay, but try not to miss too many chapters or I may remove your character until the next Arc.

Spells, Creatures, and Classes

Below is a list of helpful resources which list known spells, creatures, and other things you may need to know.

Spells:
http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_spells

Patronus Charm:
http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Patronus_Charm

Wizarding Education/Classes:
http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Wizarding_school

Hogwarts/Houses:
http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Hogwarts_School_of_Witchcraft_and_Wizardry

Creatures:
http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_creatures

Locations:
http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Hogwarts_locations
http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Hogsmeade
http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Diagon_Alley

Sign-up

Name:

Grade/Year at Hogwarts: (1st year-7th year)

House: (If you don’t have an idea already, try using Pottermore and answering the quiz with what your character would answer)

Animal: (Typically an owl, cat, rat or toad, however any small animal may be permitted, within reason of course)

Appearance: (You may include a picture if you want but you must include a short written description)

Patronus: (See the helpful links above if you don’t know what this is)

Personality: (Describe your character, how they act, strengths, weaknesses, etc)

Background: (What went on in their life before Hogwarts? or during if they’re a higher year student? Are they Muggleborn, Pure-blood, or Half-blood? Siblings? What shaped their life?)

Relevant Advertising!

Old July 3rd, 2017 (7:36 PM).
V E S T I G O
  • Crystal Tier

Nature: Adamant
It's been while since I've had a Harry Potter RP! I love this idea!

also: can we include SUs for teachers?
Old July 3rd, 2017 (8:09 PM).
Dapper bowler hat
  • Silver Tier

Nature: Modest
Always love a magic RP. However, I've noticed that Hogwarts games tend to fizzle out when players are left to the school by themselves. For this reason, maybe a mission based game would work better than a sandbox.
Old July 3rd, 2017 (8:09 PM).
  • Gold Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Home View Post
It's been while since I've had a Harry Potter RP! I love this idea!

also: can we include SUs for teachers?
Actually I probably should make a SU form for that! I was planning on letting people make the teachers less work for me yayy so a set SU sheet would probably make that easier. Unless you meant like play as a teacher... which would be interesting. I'll have to think more about that but rn I'm leaning towards saying that'd be completely fine. The only trouble I see is that it forces a jp every time someone wants to write about their character in the teacher's class.
Old July 3rd, 2017 (9:08 PM).
V E S T I G O
  • Crystal Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange View Post
Actually I probably should make a SU form for that! I was planning on letting people make the teachers less work for me yayy so a set SU sheet would probably make that easier. Unless you meant like play as a teacher... which would be interesting. I'll have to think more about that but rn I'm leaning towards saying that'd be completely fine. The only trouble I see is that it forces a jp every time someone wants to write about their character in the teacher's class.
Well, that could be a more interesting JP, seeing as the interaction is not just between two people. Plus, there are other stuff in a school setting that isn't classroom based.

And yes, I meant playing as one. But hey, if you just want us to create certain NPCs, I'm still up for it either way.
Old July 4th, 2017 (6:52 AM).
Who dahell do you think you're dealin' with?
  • Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
I love the Wizarding World of Mr. Potter a lot, always a favorite setting for forum RP even if I rarely get a chance to join them. I completely agree with Godzil however, unless there are a lot of writing hooks and story prompts in the school it may be difficult to keep things going IC. So if this came to light I'd love to see it with that sort of system in place.

Friends for Infinity
The RPT
Stories we Share
|
Pair 1
Nagi <3
|
Pair 2
Fletch
|
Pair 3
Golgari

"Playing the Devil's Advocate."

art by the amazing Infinite
Old July 4th, 2017 (11:26 AM).
  • Gold Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
Always love a magic RP. However, I've noticed that Hogwarts games tend to fizzle out when players are left to the school by themselves. For this reason, maybe a mission based game would work better than a sandbox.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
I love the Wizarding World of Mr. Potter a lot, always a favorite setting for forum RP even if I rarely get a chance to join them. I completely agree with Godzil however, unless there are a lot of writing hooks and story prompts in the school it may be difficult to keep things going IC. So if this came to light I'd love to see it with that sort of system in place.
Mmm yeah sandboxes do tend to suffer from a lack of posts and slowly die. I could definitely start working on missions and make it mission based. I would fit well with the chapter/arc system I had in mind already. Plus it would make it easier to inject plot hooks and such. Thanks
Old July 4th, 2017 (11:35 AM).
  • Crystal Tier

No problem dude, it does sincerely work. I feel like Z is getting as far as it is because the mission system gives players a solid objective to work towards every stage... thus there's always something to do.

It could work really well with Harry Potter as well. The amount of crazy tasks the professors could ask for would make for a very cool experience.

Friends for Infinity
The RPT
Stories we Share
|
Pair 1
Nagi <3
|
Pair 2
Fletch
|
Pair 3
Golgari

Old July 4th, 2017 (6:26 PM).
V E S T I G O
  • Crystal Tier

#inb4 huge JP for quidditch.

Yeah, teachers could give out a lot of tasks, even extra-curricular which would create posts from players.
Old July 8th, 2017 (9:51 AM).
  • Crystal Tier

Another few quick questions since I'm growing more and more curious about the RP.

Would the entirety of the story take place in Hogwarts are is there the possibility that the players could go far and wide beyond the limits of the school? Field trips and such would probably be a given but it's something I'm mildly intrigued by.

Secondly will there be a limit on spots or will the RP be open to all SU's? Just as a matter of curiosity. ~

Friends for Infinity
The RPT
Stories we Share
|
Pair 1
Nagi <3
|
Pair 2
Fletch
|
Pair 3
Golgari

Old July 10th, 2017 (11:24 AM).
An RP Hermit

Nature: Quirky
    It will mostly be confined to Hogwarts, Hogsmeade and other miscellaneous for field trips and missions. Otherwise, relatively self contained to Hogwarts. SUs will be open to all.
    Old July 10th, 2017 (8:36 PM).
    Veteran Roleplayer
    • Gold Tier

Nature: Careful
    I entirely agree with Jay on making sure there are hooks and a decently defined storyline. Sandboxes work for some things, but there have been many examples in which that is definitely not the case.

How would you go about with keeping things organized when you have, for example: 7th-year students and 1st-year students? Obviously not all activities can include both of these grade levels and I could imagine very rarely seeing people hanging out with those a bit younger or older than themselves.
    Old July 13th, 2017 (7:26 AM).
    An RP Hermit

Nature: Quirky
      Sorry for late response. Yes, there will indeed be hooks and and a defined story. We will be delving into separate villains with a loosely defined goal on an arc by arc basis. We will be shortly delving into the organizations of the various years; me and Wiz should be able to hash out an organization scheme by today.

Quick Reply