• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Toxic" Fanbases

Bulky Ledian

Banned
Years
  • "toxic" is just a buzzword used by people to push for over-moderation. I dare anyone in this thread to define "toxic" as something other than "thing I don't like".
    That said some replies:
    For me personally, I've barely seen any toxicity on tumblr.
    I have to ask if you've ever used tumblr because that site has had it all - death threats to artists, a shoplifting "fandom", human slavery, all on top of the site itself barely functioning on a good day.

EVERY SINGLE FIGHTING GAME COMMUNITY. When you want help to get better... these asses only tell you 'git gud' and nothing else. Yes. That is so helpful. Instead of... oh I don't know... actually helping you accomplish this. Just a thought.
    A lot of the time there's not any advice other than to play better.
    Fighting Game fans tend to have a lot of tutorials videos and the like floating around, and assume anyone looking for help would turn to those first.

Years
  • Every one.
    Generally, the smaller the fanbase, the better. I stay away from fandom in general.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • "toxic" is just a buzzword used by people to push for over-moderation. I dare anyone in this thread to define "toxic" as something other than "thing I don't like".
    That said some replies:

I have to ask if you've ever used tumblr because that site has had it all - death threats to artists, a shoplifting "fandom", human slavery, all on top of the site itself barely functioning on a good day.

A lot of the time there's not any advice other than to play better.
    Fighting Game fans tend to have a lot of tutorials videos and the like floating around, and assume anyone looking for help would turn to those first.

I have actually used tumblr for years and I use it regularly. I just make sure to steer clear of drama and toxicity, and I follow people that are usually fine.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Twitter Army (BTS fans) are the most toxic bunch of people I've ever seen. They seriously give the rest of us who are actually civil a bad name. I won't turn away, since it's just best to not give them any attention lol. Block lists exist for a reason.

Back