• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Final v7.41 (updated January 18th 2023)

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2019
    YEP that's my bad, only the evolved forms are present but they can be bred for the previous forms

Nice one cheers. Having a similar problem with Aerodactyl, readme says desert underpass or mirage, mirage is gone and been in desert underpass for ages and not found one. Keep looking job or is it not there?

Years
  • Nice one cheers. Having a similar problem with Aerodactyl, readme says desert underpass or mirage, mirage is gone and been in desert underpass for ages and not found one. Keep looking job or is it not there?

Aerodactyl only has a 1% chance in the Desert Underpass, but it's there! 🙂

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2019
    Hey, have you made any progress on scripted legendaries yet? (Instead of that cave being full of them for an infinite amount)
    And have you looked at using items like Metal Coat to evolve Pokémon like Scyther?

In my opinion those two checkboxes are the only things that are still missing for this hack to be perfect, you've done such an amazing job with this, it's by far the best Emerald hack out there :)

Years
  • Hey, have you made any progress on scripted legendaries yet? (Instead of that cave being full of them for an infinite amount)
    And have you looked at using items like Metal Coat to evolve Pokémon like Scyther?

In my opinion those two checkboxes are the only things that are still missing for this hack to be perfect, you've done such an amazing job with this, it's by far the best Emerald hack out there :)

Unfortunately not yet, there are still some other features I am currently working on, right now I'm trying to get a nature picker NPC and gender switcher as well as making items that function as HM moves so you won't have to have an HM slave around, and progress has been on the slow side sadly.
    The scripted legendaries have been something I've been wanting to get around to for a while but I keep getting sidetracked with other, more interesting additions, like for example I have been toying around with the idea of finding a way to force a Pokemon up to level 50 so you can go through the Battle Frontier without having to grind for anything more than EVs, which is already extremely easy to do post game because of the EV Training Cave I added.
    That all being said I do like the idea of using the old trade items as an alternative evolution method while keeping the new level up methods, but I haven't quite figured out how to do that, my skills at doing this are rather basic after all lol.

I'm glad you enjoy what I have so far, and I hope I'm able to keep improving Emerald Final 🙂

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2019
    Hi dearman4

While playing your Hack today noticed that when a Pokemon got poisoned during battle and after surviving it, walking back to town, he died of the effects.

Here is another quality of life hack I agree you might add and added it too.

DPPt/HGSS Poison Survival Style into Emerald:

Type 01 at F962C, F977A and F9782 for the new HP check.

Type 02 E0 at F95D6 to prevent friendship reducing.

Type 6B 02 at 2736C1 to terminate the whiteout script.

Finally, insert FD0200E7E9E6EADDEAD9D800E8DCD900E4E3DDE7E3E2DDE2DBADFECEDCD900E4E3DDE7E3E200DAD5D8D9D800D5EBD5EDABFBFF somewhere in your ROM (or any other custom message using [buffer1]) and place a pointer to where you inserted it at F9710.

Make sure you reverse the pointer address I used Location 0xFFFDA0 no +1 added because it's a text message not an ASM routine.

Example: for 0xFFFDA0 reverse it to 0xA0FDFF at 0xF9710.

Once again use HxD or any Hex editor.

One more thing in an earlier post the EXP SHARE modification was incorrect and fixed it now it works....

Last edited:
    Years
  • DPPt/HGSS Poison Survival Style into Emerald

I know of that particular addition and I decided against adding it to Emerald Final because I feel it's too easy. I can make it an optional patch I suppose, I just don't like the idea of poison being a minor inconvenience.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2019
    Hi Dearman4 Hope your day is going well.

I came to report a small capitalization error on a sign at the seaside cycling rode near Slateport its in the middle of the cycling road the "ING" says it all.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2019
    Hi! I made an account for requests, but before that, I totally want to give appreciation for this hack! I follow your thoughts on it, and I totally love that it is a purely QoL hack. No extra mons, no fairy-type, no PSS (optional), no extra moves, no changed types, and no stats changes for the hacker's favorite pokemon. I even also love that there doesn't even need a difficulty scale hack or modded postgame, since the Frontier is already hair-pullingly hard. This hack is totally one of a kind and I love it! If people want their extra stuff, there are dozens of hacks out there.

Anyways, I am currently eggbreeding, so I'm elated to hear about a gender and nature NPC! One addition to that I would love would be instant egg hatching for those pesky egg moves. That alone would cut about 4000% of the time I've been spending on hatching eggs. On that note, if it's easier than having NPCs, re-balancing gender ratios or giving everstone a 100% nature inheritance (rather than 50%, like come on, if I'm putting my everstone on my ditto, I obv want the nature) would be a perfect addition.

Years
  • Hi! I made an account for requests, but before that, I totally want to give appreciation for this hack! I follow your thoughts on it, and I totally love that it is a purely QoL hack. No extra mons, no fairy-type, no PSS (optional), no extra moves, no changed types, and no stats changes for the hacker's favorite pokemon. I even also love that there doesn't even need a difficulty scale hack or modded postgame, since the Frontier is already hair-pullingly hard. This hack is totally one of a kind and I love it! If people want their extra stuff, there are dozens of hacks out there.

Anyways, I am currently eggbreeding, so I'm elated to hear about a gender and nature NPC! One addition to that I would love would be instant egg hatching for those pesky egg moves. That alone would cut about 4000% of the time I've been spending on hatching eggs. On that note, if it's easier than having NPCs, re-balancing gender ratios or giving everstone a 100% nature inheritance (rather than 50%, like come on, if I'm putting my everstone on my ditto, I obv want the nature) would be a perfect addition.

Thank you so much! I'm happy you like it and appreciate why I kept Emerald Final to mainly QoL changes, Emerald is a great game on its own and just needed a little modernization 🙂

When I am able to get the gender and nature switching to work how I want it, the eggs won't need to be instantly hatched because at that point all you're breeding for are egg moves, since you'll be able to buy EV reducing berries, change abilities and natures and genders, maximize IVs after beating Steven, and train EVs super quickly in the EV training cave. Really at that point you only ever need one egg since everything else about the pokemon will be changeable. Besides, I am not sure where to begin to mess around with breeding mechanics like with the Everstone (though I agree 100%, the 50/50 nature inheritance is ridiculous) so for now I am going to continue with the gender and nature switching.

Anyway, thanks again for your support, comments like yours really keep me going, I'll continue to do what I can to make Emerald Final the best it can be!

Last edited:

saturnreserch

saturnresearch
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2019
    Hey, first off just wanted to say this looks like an amazing update to the game and I'm so impressed by the attention paid to the details to make this incredible game even better. I'm a first-time ROM user so pardon my ignorance, but I downloaded the .zip of the latest version from here and inside there's only the option to play without the PSS (I would like to play with PSS) or to play but with day/night either not affecting battle screen or not at all in the game (I would like to play with d/n affecting the battle screen). Am I doing something wrong here? thanks.

RichterSnipes

Not even a nibble...
    Years
  • Hey, first off just wanted to say this looks like an amazing update to the game and I'm so impressed by the attention paid to the details to make this incredible game even better. I'm a first-time ROM user so pardon my ignorance, but I downloaded the .zip of the latest version from here and inside there's only the option to play without the PSS (I would like to play with PSS) or to play but with day/night either not affecting battle screen or not at all in the game (I would like to play with d/n affecting the battle screen). Am I doing something wrong here? thanks.
    The hack doesn't have day/night palette switching in battles anymore due to a game-breaking bug with it in the Fortree City Gym. The two main patches are for whether or not you want day/night palettes in the overworld. There's two other patches that don't implement the P/S/S split, along with other optional patches for you to add after applying one of the four base patches (with or without day/night, and with or without the split)

Years
  • Hey, first off just wanted to say this looks like an amazing update to the game and I'm so impressed by the attention paid to the details to make this incredible game even better. I'm a first-time ROM user so pardon my ignorance, but I downloaded the .zip of the latest version from here and inside there's only the option to play without the PSS (I would like to play with PSS) or to play but with day/night either not affecting battle screen or not at all in the game (I would like to play with d/n affecting the battle screen). Am I doing something wrong here? thanks.

The versions with the PSS are in the root of the ZIP file, so as soon as you open it up, they're right there along with the Lunar IPS program.
    As RichterSnipes said, there's a game breaking bug with the Day/Night Cycle in Battle version that I've as of yet been unable to fix so until I can I'll leave it out.

Any more issues with trying to get it working feel free to shoot me a message! I'd be happy to walk you through if it's your first time attempting to use ROMs and IPS patching, it's a bit odd at first lol.

Hope you like it :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2021
    Hey,

I think I have found a bug while playing this rom hack. I was waiting for the week to pass to get the Frustration TM off the man in Pacifidlog Town and on the penultimate day I went to Shoal Cave and changed the clock within the cavern to make it low tide. When I returned to the guy in Pacidiflog he said it would be 124 days before he had another TM for me. I'm guessing this is due to the clock change as I was playing normally before then.

I've also really been enjoying the EV training cave, it being the first time I've actually bothered to properly EV train. Just one suggestion about the training cave, would it be possible to get an NPC similar to the one in the daycare in the EV training cave? I feel it would make the process a whole lot faster if you could train in the cave and check your EVs immediately. But it's not a huge deal if that's a pain to implement.

Otherwise the rom is fantastic. I'm definitely really looking forward to your updates coming out.

Years
  • Hey,

I think I have found a bug while playing this rom hack. I was waiting for the week to pass to get the Frustration TM off the man in Pacifidlog Town and on the penultimate day I went to Shoal Cave and changed the clock within the cavern to make it low tide. When I returned to the guy in Pacidiflog he said it would be 124 days before he had another TM for me. I'm guessing this is due to the clock change as I was playing normally before then.

I've also really been enjoying the EV training cave, it being the first time I've actually bothered to properly EV train. Just one suggestion about the training cave, would it be possible to get an NPC similar to the one in the daycare in the EV training cave? I feel it would make the process a whole lot faster if you could train in the cave and check your EVs immediately. But it's not a huge deal if that's a pain to implement.

Otherwise the rom is fantastic. I'm definitely really looking forward to your updates coming out.

Hm... I could just have that NPC give both TMs when you talk to him, I didn't know changing the time would do that!

With the EV training cave, you make a valid point, tbh when I'm playing I just use a high PP move like Tackle and do some quick math (35x3=105 or with the Macho Brace 35x6=210) and figure whether I go for two or three trips, 42 total pokemon defeated with the Macho Brace to fully train one stat. So it's not entirely necessary to have a way to check while you're there, I've seen other ROM hacks use the Devon Scope to open up that same EV/IV screen and that's something I could look into, but I'd rather not put any more NPCs in the cave.

I'm glad you're enjoying it and your suggestions are always appreciated! :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2021
    I'm guessing the bug may be something which was implemented in the original game to dis-incentivise people changing the clock.

I agree, that the cave lacking an EV/IV NPC is only really a minor inconvenience; however, I think the Devon Scope would be a great way to implement it, given it'll allow you to have general access to EVs/IVs throughout the game.

I have also noticed another bug concerning the Hyper Training person in DevonCorp after you beat Steven. He asks for $60,000 each time you go to Hyper Train; however, if you just press that you would like to continue it will let you do so with whatever money you have on hand (i.e. less than $60,000). I've tested it a bit and it works with having $8k, $11k, $15k. It simply zeroes the money you have on hand but will max all IVs regardless. Following on from that, would it be possible to make it such that Steven could be rebattled? One thing which is unfortunate about beating him is that you cannot fight him again. In the actual game I would just save beforehand and reset after battling him, but given he needs to be beaten to access the Hyper Training person, that is no longer viable.

I was also thinking that given the secret bases no longer serve the same purpose as the original game (battling friends you have linked with) it could be interesting to have different trainers (such as May) set up in Secret Bases around Hoenn to help provide a bit more battling interest post-game, outside of Battle Frontier. I understand this is technically outside of the vanilla Emerald approach you have taken so no problem if it doesn't fit into your overall plan. However, it could be a fun way to make the most of the mechanic.

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I'm pleasantly surprised to find this seems to work flawlessly when patching over a New Moemon Emerald rom. I guess Emerald Final doesn't make any changes to sprites or anything that would conflict with it.

Years
  • I'm pleasantly surprised to find this seems to work flawlessly when patching over a New Moemon Emerald rom. I guess Emerald Final doesn't make any changes to sprites or anything that would conflict with it.

There MAY be an issue with Kirlia's sprite, since I had to re-import it but I used the same address so maybe not. Hope you enjoy it!

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    I'm pleasantly surprised to find this seems to work flawlessly when patching over a New Moemon Emerald rom. I guess Emerald Final doesn't make any changes to sprites or anything that would conflict with it.

That made me excited to try this out. I would've tried it out without the Moemon capability, but still. I think this problem came from applying the Moemon patch, I can't pick berries off trees. Not a big deal since I hardly use them.

Plus-Sized Scribe

Cry Creator and Whovian
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    So, here's a problem...

7f5msFX.png

Other than that, I'm enjoying things immensely!

Back