• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

You Threw the Master Ball!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • Do you usually use or save your Master Ball in Pokemon games? Nowadays, I either use the Master Ball on roaming legendaries, or just save them. I never see the need to use them unless it's in that situation.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • roamers. or just something i'm too lazy to bother with. like i didn't feel like sitting there all night trying to catch giratina in platinum a few weeks ago.

Sirfetch’d

I used one for the first time in forever on Giratina in Platinum a few weeks ago as well. I find the Master Ball very ugly and typically only use Poke Balls that match the Pokemon I am catching but sometimes I just do not care, especially if it is a Pokemon that I will literally never use.

Years
  • Used to use it on roaming mons but never seem to at all anymore. I don't like having my Pokémon be in a Master Ball since it doesn't look as nice imo, and prefer some of the better-looking balls. Usually prefer even regular Poké Balls over Master, even on hard to catch things like roamers (and legendaries in general), nowadays because it shows it took a lot of effort to catch. So it'll mostly just sit in my inventory and gather dust haha.

DigitalMewtwo

Somewhere on the digital spectrum
    Years
  • Do you usually use or save your Master Ball in Pokemon games? Nowadays, I either use the Master Ball on roaming legendaries, or just save them. I never see the need to use them unless it's in that situation.

That's generally me in the mainstream ones. I try to buy up as many Ultra Balls as I can for legends and shinies. Only exception is for any Pokemon that could explode, etc..

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I definitely use them on roamers. I don't find the box legendaries to be that hard to capture these days.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I only used a Master Ball once in my entire Pokemon career (almost 10 years in gaming) that was to catch a shiny Mienfoo in Pokemon Black 2
    I'm not too interested in catching Legendaries, few I do manage to catch are in Ultra Balls

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Typically the main legendary of the game. I usually can't be bothered with roaming mons so the main one is usually the last I catch, no need to have a master ball after that

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • I always save it for... nothing really. It never really feels like the right moment to use that one special item. I think I have at least six Master Balls in Emerald because I've been trading them from other save files, just for bragging rights.

The only occasion I can see myself using one is a shiny Abra encounter really.

Years
  • I've always saved my Master Balls for random shiny encounters (which is why I have a below average Swanna in a Master Ball in White 2), but even then, the last few times I've run into a shiny I didn't have a Master Ball available, so it usually ends up going unused for my entire playthrough.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2020
    I save them always just in case
    I never missed out on a shiny
    And I only used the master ball in Pokémon X (I was such a noob) against a zapdos

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Nah because the one challenge I like in Pokemon is catching Legendaries in Pokeballs or some other kind of ball. Including roamers.

Back