• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The most memorable moment of the anime

User Anon 1848

Ash risking his life trying to protect Pikachu from the flock of Spearow and seeing Pikachu go from detesting Ash to showing concern. Bulbasaur not wanting to evolve like the rest of the tribe and Ash encouraging him not to cave into peer pressure. Ash rushing the abandoned Charmander to the Pokecenter in the rain so his flame wouldn't burn out. As sick as I might be of Ash he had a lot of touching moments early on.

Team Rocket fighting off the poacher and his Tyranitar to save those wild Pokemon was a really cool moment too.

QuietDragon

a wavering flower, a bird taking flight
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    Definitely Satoshi/Ash trying to save Pikachu, it refusing the ball still, and him choosing to shield his (up 'til now) difficult and ornery starter with his own body, stirring Pikachu into action...

The Origin of Mewtwo special, Aitwo/Ambertwo's final moments.

The balloon sequence at the end of Guardie and Kojiro/Holy Matrimony!, especially as a kid. I loved Rocketshipping a lot!!

Manene and the House of Rest/Sweet Baby James: the tearful farewell scene, with Smile playing, and the elderly servants who were more like family than his blood family accepting him, even though he tried to hide how he had become a criminal, because he still had his gentle heart and good friends...

Farewell, Dokucale (Crossing Paths):
    When Musashi (Jessie) chases the bus leaving with her lost love, runs after it, tears streaming down, before tripping and collapsing... while Kaze to Issho ni kicks in.

20600835-5765-49CA-A969-66441EEAE181.gif

She lost everything... and she doesn't want the same to happen to her Pokemon.

It's sung by a child asking how long she'll keep on walking, being answered by an adult woman (her adult self?), it's such a heartbreakingly nostalgic song and using it for Musashi was especially meaningul for me.

Spoiler:

Serena cutting her hair was beautifully done, even if I stopped watching XY before that.

Lillie recovering the last of her memories of Type: Null and the way it allowed her to heal after her big relapse. Everything about the scene, the score, the expressions, it was all so moving and cathartic for a recovery arc.

Speaking of Lillie's relapse, the scene where she broke down in tears, leaving her usual journal-writing, because she could no longer touch even Shiron/Snowy, broke my heart too!!).

Skyarrow Bridge and Gothiruselle!: the Gothiruselle who made her own world in the mist to relive her memories of working a ferry with a girl and her father, before the bridge was completed and rendered their old job obselete... how difficult it was for her to move on... and when the girl returned, now a grown woman studying medicine, and how they cried together.

"But, we can't return to those days, no matter how much you and I think we could."

F6C66E15-11C1-49F7-9E86-02AB987C8C28.png
    AEBECEE8-A2C1-4CB3-85F6-C2E334B43B0A.png
    96FC3D61-332D-4C29-9AC3-977B272FB289.png
    C4A7D0BA-3432-42D5-BCB9-D3CCA2717648.png
    2853296B-FCAA-4048-976A-63F6B52C6A33.png

I watched it when I first set out to college, to begin my long journey of becoming a doctor, and I grew into a painfully sentimental person, eaten up by nostalgia, so the story hit very close to home.

The two move bravely forward, still cherishing their memories, and the fog lifts...

Hikozaru's Tears/Tears for Fears: the way Chimchar broke down in tears seeing such a peaceful and loving environment he never knew could exist between trainers and Pokemon, realizing what he was deprived of, and crying while Ash comforted him also cut deep.

The Victini movie, Ash's slowest and most painful (near-)death yet, he had time for last words and used them selflessly, apologizing for failing to fulfill a promise to take Victini to see the sea... hearing his weak voice, seeing the light fade from his eyes, and his tears freeze and shatter, while he slowly froze and suffocated?! Horrifyingly sad!!

The Jirachi episode in Da!, when Jirachi turns to Holly and, across the distance, mouths "a-ri-ga-tou" ("thank you") while Chiisaki Mono kicks in, God...

The Jirachi and Lucario movie climaxes were both painful, they make me cry!!

Mallow's mother: "All those times I said 'I'm sorry,' I should have been saying 'thank you.'"
    Mallow thanking her mother for everything she didn't get a chance to (including giving her a sister, in Amamaiko/Steenee, so she won't be lonely), ending with:
    "Thank you for giving birth to me."

Meteno and Bevenom, the Promise that Disappeared into the Starry Sky/Showering the World with Love!:
    The slow and lingering, but brightly beautiful end of a Meteno/Minior's lifespan, the SuMo kids learning the truth and accepting it...

4B4148FC-76F9-4B03-85F8-A4B84B5D05A9.jpeg
    7DE5E07B-417F-4E60-85E7-20CA2CD608CE.jpeg

Death as an inevitable, but natural, even depicted as beautiful, part of life, even if it is also painful and can be traumatizing, it's not something to be rejected or denied, and it can be dealt with, with comfort and togetherness and patience.
    Kukui is an excellent teacher...

(Also, every sweet Kukui and Ash scene, every moment he gets to have the father he never had, how Kukui searched the woods desperately and got covered in leaves and scratches looking for Ash... he has known more fatherly love in this one saga than in all his life ).

Years
  • Meteno and Bevenom, the Promise that Disappeared into the Starry Sky/Showering the World with Love!:
    The slow and lingering, but brightly beautiful end of a Meteno/Minior's lifespan, the SuMo kids learning the truth and accepting it...

This broke me too. It'll forever be one of my favorite episodes, and is a huge reason why I love the SuMo characters and Poipole so much.

Another one I found to be extremely memorable and touching was SM108 (Memories in the Mist). Having Mallow see a vision of her deceased mother due to Tapu Lele's mist and thank her for all she's done while trying not to break down in tears was so, so tough for me to watch. The gracideas blooming with every line they spoke added even more emotion to it. It's probably the saddest episode to date for me. Really, my explanation can't do it justice, and I really recommend everyone to watch it. It's incredibly powerful. ; _ ;

Last edited:
    Back