• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Pokemon should ALWAYS be a part of a competitive team?

Zeffy

g'day
Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    depends on how you want the question to be answered

objectively, i don't think there's any singular pokemon that "deserves" to be on every team ever. there's just too much chaos to begin with that once something gains popularity (and disrupts the "balance" of a tier) it'll either get countered through whatever means necessary or banned if people are too lazy.

subjectively, i think all teams should have a shroomish.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2024
    This

2Fruit

Aka 2Fruit
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2019
    The closest pokemon I could say should be on all competitive teams would have to be something versatile that can fill all roles. Along this line I'd say Clefable would work best on all teams in OU, but bad in higher tiers (Ubers, Legs, AG)

Actually, Scarf Ditto is the only real pokemon that could work on every single team in existence (Except little cup for obvious reasons).

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • None. If everyone uses the same Pokemon, they lose what makes them unique.

Yeah. I mean, the world Championship was boring this year... Not like last year, when the winner had a Pachirisu. A PACHIRISU!!

I love to play with Pokemon I love, not a Pokemo that I use just because it is good and win everything and is the same as every other one... bla bla bla, same moveset...

I love my Exploud, and my Mienshao, my Aggron, Bastiodon, Froslass, Glaceon, Jolteon, Lanturn, Ahhhhh there are so many others!!!

My teams are weaker than some other teams, but they can show that diversity is so beautiful in a Pokemon game. I love when I fight with other "Underrated" Pokemon.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Like Mawa mentioned.
    I prefer to use favorites.
    Variety makes the battles fun
    If everyone had the same Pokemon it would be boring
    to slightly answer question in my opinion "which Pokemon do you think deserves to always be part of a regular 6-Pokemon Competitive Team?" none

For me, my typical traditions - I must always have a fox Pokemon in my team.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2016
    I don't think there's any single Pokemon that is optimal above all others when applied to every single team.
    That said, I do think Landorus-T fairs well on most (non Trick Room) doubles teams, and Cresselia or Reuniclus (or both) are essential to Trick Room teams.

Sirfetch’d

^Just to make people angry :)

I don't think there is a specific mon that HAS to be used or should be used on any team but you need to have a mega, a stealth rock user, and a spinner or defogger. You are handicapping yourself if you avoid bringing any of these.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Entry hazard control isn't always necessary if you and your team can maintain offensive pressure.

Anyway, aside from the obvious entry hazard users I try to fit in a Scald, Lava Plume, and/or status absorber (bonus points if the Scald absorber can beat Keldeo); a U-turn deterrent like Rocky Helmet or Ferrothorn; and a Volt Switch deterrent like a Ground-type. For stall, Mega Sableye is generally a must-have, as is a Heal Bell or Aromatherapy user and a win condition (e.g. setup sweeper like CM Clefable). You're at a massive disadvantage vs other Mega Sableye stall teams if you don't use it. I try to fit in a Pursuit or Shadow Tag user if I can for Defoggers, too.

Closest Pokemon to this for all types of OU teams is probably Clefable. It's the best Fairy-type that isn't a Mega, and can fill a lot of roles. I put it in nearly every stall team I make because it's the only notable Manaphy check, sans Gothitelle.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • Yeah. I mean, the world Championship was boring this year... Not like last year, when the winner had a Pachirisu. A PACHIRISU!!

I love to play with Pokemon I love, not a Pokemo that I use just because it is good and win everything and is the same as every other one... bla bla bla, same moveset...

I love my Exploud, and my Mienshao, my Aggron, Bastiodon, Froslass, Glaceon, Jolteon, Lanturn, Ahhhhh there are so many others!!!

My teams are weaker than some other teams, but they can show that diversity is so beautiful in a Pokemon game. I love when I fight with other "Underrated" Pokemon.

Like Mawa mentioned.
    I prefer to use favorites.
    Variety makes the battles fun
    If everyone had the same Pokemon it would be boring
    to slightly answer question in my opinion "which Pokemon do you think deserves to always be part of a regular 6-Pokemon Competitive Team?" none

For me, my typical traditions - I must always have a fox Pokemon in my team.

I'll agree with both of you, coz I also make sure that I always have a Pikachu in my team :)

Pika Pika :chu:

Back