• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

AMA Ask both of us something

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • I was told to make a thread so... alright, here it is.

Been here 10+ years so old and grumpy man, I like the Johto games and writing, and you should write for Daily. nods

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Favorite Johto starter?
    Favorite Johto Legendary?
    [user]Sheep[/user] or [user]Fairy[/user]?
    Theme for next Get Together?
    Want to be apart of Team Necrozma or Team Poipole?
    Best series in the Anime?
    Date of Birth?

Years
  • with how much we know about each other already i don't think i know your favorite color

i know you're not fluent, but can you hold a basic conversation in polish? are you better or worse at listening to or reading it?

genre(s) of the last book you read?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Favorite Johto starter?
    Totodile. I like all of them tbh, with Bayleef being my favourite middle form. But Totodile and Feraligatr are great, and the first choice I went with back in Silver, my first game.
    Favorite Johto Legendary?
    Lugia, followed by Raikou. Again, silver bias here, but Raikous was my favourite of the legendary beasts.
    [user]Sheep[/user] or [user]Fairy[/user]?
    *looks at signature* :shifty-eyed:
    Theme for next Get Together?
    The theme will be "happening at a time I can properly participate in more than a sole event".
    Want to be apart of Team Necrozma or Team Poipole?
    I prefer Poipole's design, although Team Necrozma has a good dental plan.
    Best series in the Anime?
    I don't watch it. D= Pokemon Generations...? That was good.
    Date of Birth?
    6th of November, so birthday was pretty recent!
    with how much we know about each other already i don't think i know your favorite color
    Blue! Lighter shades of it. But I like yellow too because football
    i know you're not fluent, but can you hold a basic conversation in polish? are you better or worse at listening to or reading it?
    A basic one, yes. Listening by far, and I'd say I can understand a fair bit, it's just not being grammatically sound with it. Hardly ever read in Polish on the other hand...
    genre(s) of the last book you read?
    Comedy/fantasy.
    It's been a while since we had a conversation so how are you? I miss writing on Daily haha!
    I'm doing fine overall! And you can always write for it. :V

Last edited:
    Years
  • Who is Bob and Bill?

Is Dr Eggman your god as much as he is mine?

What kind of stories do you write? Why?

Wanna be my budddyyyy yeah never mind that's embarrassing. But never mind the never mind if you wouldn't mind minding.

If you had to eat something really horrible, what would you eat?

If you had to wear one colour of underpants for the rest of your life, would colour would they be?

Whaddaya think of the Harry Potter franchise, and who is your favourite character?

Dream job?

What do you grump most about?

Would you mind minding the never mind?

Blam. That's it.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • What have you enjoyed most about PC in your 10 years here?
    Sheep The people I suppose! Lots of great friendships over the years.
    Who is Bob and Bill?
    Bob and Bill are two characters I came up with many years back, before I discovered forums. Two dumb characters, basically, as part of some comedy scripts I wrote. I went with it as a penname of sorts when joining forums.
    Is Dr Eggman your god as much as he is mine?
    Idk how much he is for you, but he is a great character with fantastic lines. =) He is the one and only Eggman.
    What kind of stories do you write? Why?
    Various. Daily articles are what I've been doing lately, because I have an interest in Pokemon stuff. As for fics, mostly comedy, because I like the genre and like to make people laugh (and also I enjoy writing). Started with a parody of a Pokemon game (Colosseum) which I massively underestimated in terms of time and effort to finish it, but by gum I did it.
    Wanna be my budddyyyy yeah never mind that's embarrassing. But never mind the never mind if you wouldn't mind minding.
    Sure!
    If you had to eat something really horrible, what would you eat?
    I probably would refrain because while I don't mind trying new stuff, if I know it tastes bad I just plain do not want to eat it at all!
    If you had to wear one colour of underpants for the rest of your life, would colour would they be?
    What a weird question. ._. Uhh, blue?
    Whaddaya think of the Harry Potter franchise, and who is your favourite character?
    I like it overall, but not a big fan of it. I remember loving the books as a kid but later ones weren't as fun for me. Did read them all though. Only saw some of the movies - the first three or four and then the last one.
    Dream job?
    Do whatever I like and get paid for it. :V
    What do you grump most about?
    People.
    Would you mind minding the never mind?
    I never minded the miner's mind while never minding the mining mind's never mind.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Ever played Fire Emblem?
    Ever played Pokemon Mystery Dungeon?
    Would you be interested in playing a hybrid of the two?
    Ever been to the PokeTrivia board?
    Have you seen Fire Type Emblem game within?
    Would you play it? If Yes, what would it take to coercepersuade you to signup? If not, why not?
    Would you play if [user]Sheep[/user] played?
    If you play, could you convince [user]Sheep[/user] to play?
    If you play, what Pokemon would you go as?
    Am I being annoying asking you these questions?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Ever played Fire Emblem?
    Oh boy, I sure have. First one was Shadow Dragon; I've since played FE7, FE8 (Sacred Stones is my favourite and so I've played multiple times, haha), a little bit of a translation of FE6, some of the Tellius, Awakening in full, Birthright and most of Conquest of Fates, and beat Echoes early this year. Quite a fun series. I always go classic i.e. permadeath. :V
    Ever played Pokemon Mystery Dungeon?
    I have not. I heard mixed things about the series.
    Would you be interested in playing a hybrid of the two?
    I played a bit of Conquest (Japanese only so I didn't understand much) and enjoyed that fwiw, so yes!
    Ever been to the PokeTrivia board?
    Hardly, tbh.
    Have you seen Fire Type Emblem game within?
    No.
    Would you play it? If Yes, what would it take to coercepersuade you to signup? If not, why not?
    I'll have to look it up later, but I'll consider it! Depends what is involved really.
    Would you play if [user]Sheep[/user] played?
    Not just because she played, haha. We can't all enjoy the same games and things as each other!
    If you play, could you convince [user]Sheep[/user] to play?
    Depends how fun it is. =p
    If you play, what Pokemon would you go as?
    I don't know. Is Ludicolo an option? :V
    Am I being annoying asking you these questions?
    No, maybe a bit confusing on the specificity of this game though, haha.

Years
  • ive spoken to you about this before, but you seem to think that we're pretty safe from rogue planets and rogue black holes for the foreseeable future.

that being said, if there's anything we do need to worry about (aside from climate change, of course), what in your mind would stick out as being an immediate threat to this planet?

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • If you could redesign any Pok?mon, which would you choose and how would you make it different?

What is your biggest goal for Daily at the moment?

I have a good idea as to your profession, but what you say is the ?end game? in terms of what you personally would like to achieve?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • ive spoken to you about this before, but you seem to think that we're pretty safe from rogue planets and rogue black holes for the foreseeable future.

that being said, if there's anything we do need to worry about (aside from climate change, of course), what in your mind would stick out as being an immediate threat to this planet?
    Idk about 'immediate" but certainly way more realistic:

- rogue asteroids/meteorites (the other two are so remote/that's not how they work, these are in the solar system and could happen
    - a very strong solar flare that happens to go right at us. This is unlikely and wouldn't kill us, but there is the potential to severely damage our communication systems. Given how reliant a lot of us are to technology, would be very detrimental.
    If you could redesign any Pokémon, which would you choose and how would you make it different?
    Ambipom so it doesn't have yucky rubber hands coming out of its butt. Ew.
    What is your biggest goal for Daily at the moment?
    Hard to say. After LGPE releases and has its time in the limelight so we (particularly I) can move off from making guide articles for it, I want to see more creative articles, including by myself. More fanwork features, analysis articles on niche stuff, etc. Moving away from news to such a large degree, basically.

I have a good idea as to your profession, but what you say is the "end game" in terms of what you personally would like to achieve?
    Generally this is being a professor and that would be hella neat, but also this is hard to achieve just due to numbers (many more postdocs than there are staff positions). I will see if I continue liking the academic life as well (and because when you move up in staff it becomes less about doing research and more managing projects/people, grant proposals, etc), but the other option is to then go into industry using skills acquired from my work researching astronomy stuff, say data science, and going from there. I need to have some flexibility if I'm being realistic.

With astronomy specifically I want to stay in radio astronomy and be part of the major science projects in the era of the SKA (Square Kilometre Array, a massive radio telescope project underway, and currently with smaller "pathfinder" in action - which I've been working with atm!).

Back