• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Big Problem with the Pokémon Anime - An Essay and a Rant

Let's add a poll to this discussion. What do you think is more likely to happen first?

• Ash wins the Pokémon League and/or becomes a Pokémon Master

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Our generation will pass away entirely

Votes: 15 68.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
Years
  • OK here is what I think, We all have our opinions am i right or wrong about that? Personally I enjoyed the XY series, very enjoyable, up until he lost the league even though part of the story was trying to beat that charizard and he had that power with greninja, so losing that was utter bs. But i liked it other than that, gotta take the down with the ups. But making a very long post of why you hate the anime, chatting in these threads only to rain haterade on every thread is utterly stupid. Enjoy the show or not, I dont mind opinions but the way they are said, it just not nice. But non the less, like I said everyone is entitled to their opinion. While some enjoy the show, others are not enjoying it. That is just what i have to say.

Quiji

Shining
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2021
    My only real issue with the anime is the crazy fans that take it too far (and HURT OTHER PEOPLE over it).....like a lot of the amour shipping community (and i heard the pokeshippers are often this too).

Otherwise, I pretty much just like the pokemon anime a lot. Its generally light hearted and cute and just plain FUN imo. Its the crazy fans that ruin parts of it for me...(like thanks to THE DRAMA that amour shippers tend to start, i don't like serena so much anymore xD; drama FOR THE LOSE.....no one should be into starting it o_o; seriously. its just not worth the trouble or heart ache it causes others :<)

I know there are amour shippers who are very nice people (like code helmet for instance. he's awesome^^). But I still rather not be much of an amour shipper/serena fan in general myself due to the fact that most of the fandom for that ship really does seem to be into starting drama with other fans :/ And I just.....want to distance myself from all forms of drama as much as I can.

I prefer pearlshipping. The fans of that ship seem like pretty peace loving people from what i've witnessed :) That....does make it more appealing to me overall. Plus, I did always like dawn quite a bit, anyways, so I wouldn't really mind Ash ending up with someone like her personally really. I'm not really against amour shipping: I'm just against the fans of it who bully other pokemon fans and shippers. Those people need to grow up. They're the types that really make Pokemon seem like a kiddy show, if anything :/

Also, while I prefer not to get caught up in the serena/amour shipping drama, I don't really mind liking Serena's pokemon so much. They're just sweet and girly and don't really have anything to do with amour shipping in terms of her character overall xD; at least not in my opinion. They seem like nice pokemon to me, and seeing them perform in showcases i must say can be rather pretty.

Er, I've seen plenty of rude PearlShippers, mostly back when DP aired and the PearlShipping fanbase was bigger. I've no reason to believe that they're any better than other shipping fandoms tbh. You already admitted to being biased in favor of PearlShipping and Dawn in general, so there's no need to play coy and passive-aggressively throw other shipping fanbases under the bus in an attempt to subtly belittle and bully them, which is ironically something that you just claimed you disliked. :/

Taste of Tea

Hoenn confirmed
    Years
  • My only real issue with the anime is the crazy fans that take it too far (and HURT OTHER PEOPLE over it).....like a lot of the amour shipping community (and i heard the pokeshippers are often this too).

Otherwise, I pretty much just like the pokemon anime a lot. Its generally light hearted and cute and just plain FUN imo. Its the crazy fans that ruin parts of it for me...(like thanks to THE DRAMA that amour shippers tend to start, i don't like serena so much anymore xD; drama FOR THE LOSE.....no one should be into starting it o_o; seriously. its just not worth the trouble or heart ache it causes others :<)

I know there are amour shippers who are very nice people (like code helmet for instance. he's awesome^^). But I still rather not be much of an amour shipper/serena fan in general myself due to the fact that most of the fandom for that ship really does seem to be into starting drama with other fans :/ And I just.....want to distance myself from all forms of drama as much as I can.

I prefer pearlshipping. The fans of that ship seem like pretty peace loving people from what i've witnessed :) That....does make it more appealing to me overall. Plus, I did always like dawn quite a bit, anyways, so I wouldn't really mind Ash ending up with someone like her personally really. I'm not really against amour shipping: I'm just against the fans of it who bully other pokemon fans and shippers. Those people need to grow up. They're the types that really make Pokemon seem like a kiddy show, if anything :/

Also, while I prefer not to get caught up in the serena/amour shipping drama, I don't really mind liking Serena's pokemon so much. They're just sweet and girly and don't really have anything to do with amour shipping in terms of her character overall xD; at least not in my opinion. They seem like nice pokemon to me, and seeing them perform in showcases i must say can be rather pretty.

>claims that shippers other than Pearlshippers start drama and bully other shippers
    >covertly identifies as a Pearlshipper
    >proceeds to start drama and bully other shippers

hi pot, meet kettle.

Quiji

Shining
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2021
    Jirachu was not starting drama, or bullying anyone, she was critising Amourshipping and its fans.
    And yes, we know all shippers have some bad fans, but Amourshippers do have the worst fanbase out of all the Pokemon fans, a lot of Amourshippers sent death threats to the writers, just because Ash didn't dance with Serena in an episode of XYZ.

Just because you can't take critism on Amourshipping dosen't mean you can insult other people like Jirachu.

I'm not an AmourShipper, or even a shipper of anime characters in general, so your straw man argument doesn't work lol. But nice job proving my point about PearlShippers thriving on drama by attacking others. :p

Last edited:

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
    Years
  • *SIGH* I'm reporting this thread. It needs to be locked. All this fighting is stupid :(

Also Quiji I don't get why you hate my friend so much or want to think pearlshippers are all a bunch of bad people. Theres good and bad in every fandom. I personally saw a lot of nice pearlshippers, but i'm sure there are ones that aren't nice too. But there are also very sweet and kind pearlshippers. This world isn't black and white. Now i'm going to tell some staff member to lock this thread. I don't want anymore hurt feelings :( And i'm sorry I made the post I made. It didn't help anyone...(this is why maybe i should stop going on huger forums so much anymore....)

BTW, i used to be an amour shipper myself. I'm not bias against it. I just don't like its fandom.

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • I'm not going to lock the thread (yet) but, I will say that you guys need to approach or state each opinion with cooler heads -- this is not a place for personal attacks. Just a simple reminder and warning, its okay to debate and to state your opinion, but please show respect to others when doing so, okay?

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • What I don?t get is why anyone would be commenting on a rant topic started back in January of 2017 or nearly two years ago. Granted it was bumped back in August after sporadically posted in for months at a time. Heck how did this thread go from problems with the Anime to a debate(or rant) on shippings? Seems to be a topic for another thread and hopefully with cooler heads as Dragon noted.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Guys, can we PLEASE stop talking about which shipping is better? This is a topic to discuss what problems were posed with the anime (which reminds me, _dog, can you PLEASE come back and give that response you promised us earlier?).

Years
  • Thought about it and decided we're better off locking this. Not only are things getting way off-topic with the shipping debates, but the original owner of this thread hasn't even been online in over a month to look at and respond to anything. Might consider unlocking if the OP returns, but as of right now it seems like this thread is doing way more harm than good by staying around.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back