• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Serious Vaccine

Years
  • Hi everyone, in the case a vaccine for COVID is introduced, do you think it should be made mandatory to get it? Do you think certain vaccines, like polio or TB, should be mandatory?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Yes. Once we get a vaccine for covid-19, we can finally put an end to one of the worst pandemics in recent memory.

Unfortunately I expect a lot of resistance, at least in the U.S., towards the idea of making the vaccine mandatory, and if it's not mandatory, a lot of people will choose not to get vaccinated.

Years
  • Yeah I really think it should be mandatory to get vacinnated, but I expect some resistance as well unfortunately. It would really help us return to normal life though, and at this point that's just what everybody wants :')

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • I feel like when a covid-19 vaccine arrives, I'll probably be required to get it due to my job. I want to get it, don't get me wrong. It'll happen either way haha.

It's hard to say whether I think vaccines should be required. Personally, yes. In the USA, it's near impossible to force anyone to do anything, regardless of what's best for the public.

Will probably just result in the virus running rampant in those who refuse, it's up to them.

Years
  • I think vaccines should be mandatory for a .... healthier world I guess. Can we just get this vaccine up and running so we can resume normal pre-covid life like please?

And for those who refuse it....WHAT'S FRIGGIN' WRONG WITH YOU?!

Years
  • I favor a Covid 19 vaccination being required similarly to the way hepatitis or tetanus shots are required for school, or a yellow fever vaccination may be required to travel to certain countries.

I am not keen on a mandate in the sense of penalizing someone for not being vaccinated, whereas some countries or provinces may actually fine or jail you for not complying.

Rather than that I say someone can decide not to be inoculated, but by doing so they agree to opt out of certain services. You don't want your kids vaccinated, then homeschool them-- they can't attend a public school because of the potential health risks. Making a vaccine a condition for employment, especially areas like the food industry or healthcare, seems sensible to me as well. Some jobs will not be open to you.

Years
    • Seen today
    Ideally it should be mandatory, however like everything there would be much opposition. If so much of the population refuses a face cover, I can't see an injection being welcomed with open arms.

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
    Years
  • Mandatory; forced quarantine for anyone who refuses. If they don't want to do their part to help society, then they have no place in it, and can sit on their selfish asses at their tented-off home. There is literally no excuse to not get it, until one arises.

Inky

:pleading_face:
    Years
    • he / him
    • Seen yesterday
    I feel like it should be mandatory but you will inevitably have the anti-vaxxer morons make a fuss like they always do

Back