• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2015
    Yes. And don't forget the spirit of the Spanish team is the currently pathetic FC Barcelona we beat in the quarters, and that Casillas was this close from gifting us the CL final (every time I write these words, I feel pain) thanks to some horrendous goalkeeping.

I hope they give koke (for me the next iniesta) and juanfran a chance otherwise I don't see any changes (except maybe the keeper)

P. S Chile for dark horse

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Don't rub us off that quickly, this will be a tough one but we won't go down without a fight. Even if many are calling Australia "the USA of Group B" that doesn't mean we can still make the match a close one.
    ...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnndddd it's gone. I think you overestimate your team a little.

Years
  • Can Chile finish first in the group? Their next two matches will be interesting.

You know I'm starting to believe Chile may be looking like they can pass the group, probably at the expense of Spain though.

...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnndddd it's gone. I think you overestimate your team a little.

You surely do like to rub the Aussies off as "weaklings" but I guess that's because they are the lowest in world rankings of this year's participants. The defense was so rubbish given how fast Chile managed to get two goals in.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I still say it'll be Spain and the Netherlands through to the second round, though I am curious as to how Chile will do against them in their matchups.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Thing is, the Aussies have 2 players that play in League one and 1 that plays in the Championship. They are just outclassed here.

Years
  • Even if Spain crash out here, their next generation will be good too so there's a positive.

I bet Australia would be winning this if they had the glorious Rhys Williams. lol jk

Years
  • I bet Australia would be winning this if they had the glorious Rhys Williams. lol jk

That's the problem, the Australian team here are a new generation which means they're pretty much rookies to the major events like this. Plus they did have their current coach only appointed late last year after Holger Osieck got sacked.

Edit: Australia finally scores! And as I expected it was Cahill who scored. It's now 2-1 to Chile.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    And Australia have a goal! Chile 2-1 Australia!

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    A sudden spark from Australia now. Things might actually get interesting. This is the spirit that Australia needs.

Years
  • That's the problem, the Australian team here are a new generation which means they're pretty much rookies to the major events like this. Plus they did have their current coach only appointed late last year after Holger Osieck got sacked.

Edit: Australia finally scores! And as I expected it was Cahill who scored. It's now 2-1 to Chile.
    I'm sure any newgen defender is better than our Rhys to be honest. :p

Two great headers today.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Looks like Franjic for Australia might be injured. Might have to bring on a sub.

EDIT: AND A GOAL F-- oh damn.... disallowed.

Back