• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
    Oar was terrible, Leckie seems like one of those players who have all the speed and dribbling ability he needs but no end product or decision making. Players like that are annoying to watch sometimes. I think the young generation is a bit of a worry with bresciano and cahill being the best players by far last night. But that's all based off one game so maybe I'm dooming them too soon.

Four games before I sleep again (since ivory coast play Japan at 2am so I can't really say today), it should be fun.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Oar was terrible, Leckie seems like one of those players who have all the speed and dribbling ability he needs but no end product or decision making. Players like that are annoying to watch sometimes. I think the young generation is a bit of a worry with bresciano and cahill being the best players by far last night. But that's all based off one game so maybe I'm dooming them too soon.

Four games before I sleep again (since ivory coast play Japan at 2am so I can't really say today), it should be fun.
    I think you are dooming a bit too soon. =p Rather new backline for us that mostly settled after the beginning, and we had a few injuries (one of the CBs we had injured is up and coming and probably could/would have started here, but had of all things an injury due to a sprinkler on the pitch... =/), and Davidson did very well imo as well with limited experience.

I'd agree with you on Leckie as well, needs to think more (although he had some neat runs and a great cross for our disallowed goal). Kruse probably would have started if fit though, and Rogic has potential but given his run this last year... hmm, he needs to stop being injured so much, he's a worry with that. Two CDMs have some years in them as well, one which is our captain, and I think we're golden with our goalkeeper too. I think we need some more talent up front most of all in terms of future, Cahill won't be around forever.

Going to bed before the first match today at 2am here (sigh), but will wake up for at least the two latter matches. Always replays as well.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I expect my will to stay up for the Ivory Coast vs Japan game will rely heavily on the England result. Well, I'll probably watch it whatever happens but I'd enjoy it a lot more if we haven't been beaten.

Leckie has a very good goal and assist return rate in the German second division, perhaps he was just a bit nervous. Well, nerves and the fact he was playing at a much higher level.

Turns out the McCormack bid was from Derby, not Norwich. Could still see us being involved with this one though.

Years
    Some of the sky reporters were saying Fulham were in for mccormack, I wouldn't be surprised if Norwich did bid eventually. Maybe send becchio back in part exchange.

Horrible goal to concede there.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Good celebration though.

That could certainly happen as Becchio doesn't seem to be in Adams' plans. Bit of a shame hes career with us never took off, he wouldn't have done worse than our first team forwards last season I'm sure.

Wonder where Samaras will end up, not in a bad shop window here.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Well, Greece were poor this afternoon. Colombia 3-0 Greece, but Greece were unlucky not to get that header goal.

Years
    I had similar thoughts about that wba appointment. To be fair though even though Sherwood would've seemed exciting, there'd be little guarantee he would be any better.

Uruguay haven't been great so far, fairly promising for us.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Well, only 1 goal for Uruguay against Costa Rica. And it was from a penalty.

EDIT: A goal for Costa Rica!!!

2nd EDIT: COSTA RICA LEADING 2-1!!! YES!!!

3rd EDIT: THIS IS A BIG UPSET! COSTA RICA LEADING 3-1!!!

Last edited:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Holy ♥♥♥♥, is this real life?

The Football Discussion Thread!

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Things really got away from Uruguay pretty fast there. I like some of the saves I'm seeing from Navas and Campbell's been making good decisions out there.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    What a game this was. I really love seeing the underdog beat the better team.

Years
    Okay to expand on my half term impression - very promising for us now.

Of course we now have to do a job against Italy which I'm pessimistic about. Two inexperienced defenders though.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I would have picked Lallana ahead of Sterling because I like the balance when he's in the side but I guess we're going to be going for the counter punch.

That Gerrard in the BBC titles gets me every time.

Back