• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is it too late have a YouTube account.

Years
  • Not really, but it's definitely harder now if you want to make a living off it since there are so many more people trying than even a few years ago. And I mean a lot - there are tons of videos out there about popular things since people are trying to break into popular fandoms and become big, but most viewers never even find this content with the number of videos on the site. If you can accept it's unlikely to become successful enough to live off of (but not impossible!), then I don't see why you shouldn't try if you're interested in it!

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I follow a few rather successful channels that started after 2014. There was even a channel that I followed pretty much right from the start, back in 2017. They've done very well for themselves (around 15,000 subscribers), but I know how much work they put in. Especially because they were trying to break into a very popular video genre.

That's really the main thing. It's how much work you put into your channel. If you can manage daily uploads, that'll help. Build a social media presence. Network with other channels that are like yours. I think Youtube is even starting to recommend new channels to people, so your video might catch people's attention.

Most of all, have fun with it! Don't stress yourself out, and don't get discouraged.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Success on Youtube is just like success in any other sort of "business". You need two important factors:
    - something you're really into and are willing to work hard for (your "niche")
    - a lot of luck (and I mean a _lot_ of it; people keep understating the importance of luck in the business world due to things like survivorship bias)

Otherwise you might just settle for less: do stuff for fun and don't expect any sort of success.

Years
  • You need to study how to make your own business, first of all. Advertsing, scheduling, etc are all important.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • It's never too late, but Youtube is something that's always changing in terms of what works, and what doesn't. And, if you don't complete with that, you won't be successful.

Years
  • The time you made it doesn't matter. Just release your videos, promote your craft, and have fun.

XVanitasX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2023
    Decidedly too late. Youtube isn't a thing anymore, it's really just Google in charge, which means you get censored about as hard as you do on Twitter. Not worth it.

Back