• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Celebration: Happy Mother's Day!

Years
  • Share all of your well wishes and heart warming stories here.

If you need a mother today, I'm now your mother. We're baking cookies.

Years
    • Seen today
    My mother loves birds. I purchased her a small handheld bird figurine which plays music.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    My husband and I ordered pizza and cheese fries and my hubby took care of our bab through the whole day. Which was good, because I've been having a hell of a mental health time recently. I got a lovely massage, too. :)

My mother took bambino out to the store and bambino picked out a pair of socks and some lilies for me.

I took bubala to the store and picked up some canvases and paints for finger-painting. Orichalcomabubs painted a couple of canvases that we're going to hang up. I plan on giving my mom one but she's in the process of moving and I'm waiting for her to settle so she has one less thing to pack.

Happy belated Mother's Day! :D ♥

Years
  • My mom almost always wants something garden-related when it's a holiday, be it Christmas, her birthday or mother's day. Exactly the species of plant, tool or acessory she asks for will vary. It might be a new rose bush, gardenia, peach tree, rain barrel, garden hat, uv light, but you can set your watch by the home and garden department. This year was no different, and she asked she wanted more hibiscus plants.

However, she couldn't wait and bought them herself when she got this promotional Wal-Mart gift card, so she told me to buy her top soil instead. So i rode out to Lowe's the day before Mother's day, and brought back lots of bags of top soil instead. I also added a butterfly bush to the shopping cart.

My mom and I had a plan to get up super early Sunday morning and plant the butterfly bush together, along with the new hibiscus and some tullips. The weather got messy and rainy though, so we had to postpone.

When the rain was milder I eased outside, and cut a vase full of roses and gave them to her when she woke up.

She had asked me to bake her a strawberry shortcake especially for this day- she likes my cakes. I obliged, and made lovely little cakes, cuttting them into shapes. The berries from Lidl happened to be really sweet, big and ideal for cake-making. We also had coffee.

That afternoon we were both invited to the movies and dinner. My uncle was organizing a family event for his wife and the women of the family for Mother's Day.

One of the theaters in my town is part of the Flashback Cinema program, that shows old movies in new theaters for nostalgia. The Wizard of Oz was Sunday's movie, and everybody wanted to see that. It's a favorite in my family that's been watched and rewatched many times by all of us, young and old. The theater was packed, and it was clear how many others felt the same way.

It was also a wonderful treat to see the on the big big screen. It's really amazing how expessive Judy Garland's acting was. I could see every glistening teardrop in her eye on the front row, and the warmth and strength of her singing voice reverberated around the theater. And though the film is 85 years old, watching the door open to the land of OZ, and the film suddenly change from black and white to a rainbow of technicolor is still a breathtaking moment, especially with everything magnified up close.

After the movie we all went out to eat. It was not easy to find a place that wasn't booked up, since this is a busy holiday for restaurants, but we got a table at quiet Japanese steakhouse. The food was really good, and they arranged the dinner plates in a very pretty way with orchids and other edible flower blossoms as decorations on the food. It was a nice time spent telling funny stories to one another, and just enjoying the day. Throughout the weekend multiple kind strangers also took the the time to stop and wave, saying happy mother's day.

I know it's belated, but happy mother's day all.

Last edited:
    Years
  • hope i'm not too late to talk lol

my mum prefers quiet celebrations, so i invited her to my house for dinner that day. we streamed a couple of shows we liked, and i got her some of her favourite candles

i love my mum a lot, people <3

Back