• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] 30 days of Challenges

Years
Welcome to PokeCommunity's 30 days of Challenges

In this event, you won't play any of the regular games. To be honest, you won't be playing any game at all. So what is this all about? You might have already participate in one or more "30 days of ..." event on the forum. And this one is not different. But you want to know what is this about already, right?

It's really easy! We will discuss! Each day, new question will be asked and each day, you can say your 2 cents to it. You can join any time you want, so you don't have to worry if you miss a day or two.

But now, let's see the questions:
1. day: What is your favourite Challenge of all time?
2. day: What was your first ever Challenge that you completed?
3. day: Have you ever completed one Challenge more that once? If so, which one?
4. day: Have you ever created your own Challenge?
5. day: What Challenge(s) are you doing right now?
6. day: What is your favourite type for Monotype?
7. day: In the spirit of the last question, what is your favourite color for Monocolor?
8. day: What gen do you prefer to do Challenges?
9. day: Do you think Nuzlocke in Gen I games is harder that in next Gens?
10. day: What is the saddest moment that happened to you during the Challenge?
11. day: What is the funniest moment that happened to you during the Challenge?
12. day: Have you ever failed to complete a Challenge?
13. day: What is your favourite Nuzlocke variant?
14. day: What is the craziest idea for the Challenge that you ever had?
15. day: Do you use your favourite Pokémon or the ones you never used before in Challenges?
16. day: Will you do any Challenge on LGPE? If so, which one?
17. day: What is your current team in your current Challenge?
18. day: What was the hardest Challenge you have ever played?
19. day: Have you ever participated in the Challenge's Event?
20. day: Do you like to plan your team at the beginning of the Challenge?
21. day: What is your favourite Mono- Challenge?
22. day: What Event would you like to see in the future?
23. day: Do you enjoy more hardcore Challenges?
24. day: Speaking of the hardcore Challenges, what was the most hardcore Challenge you've ever played?
25. day: Do you read/watch other's reports of the Challenge?
26. day: Have you ever read/watch someone thread in the Challenge Logs?
27. day: Have you ever created Challenge in the Challenge Logs?
28. day: Are you excited for a Christmas Event?
29. day: What are your goals in 2019 for Challenges?
30. day: Do you want to see more events like this?
Let's discuss!

Last edited:

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years

Monotype. Specifically, Grass Ultimate. such a fun run zzz...

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
1. Favorite challenge of all time? Eh subjective but I'd go with Time Warp seeing as it's a different experience based on what age/era you do.

Years
I have to agree on Time Warp. I would like to try more eras, but can't find a free time to do so.

Well, it was Time Warp mentioned above. I even found my final update for it, if anyone is interested. I remember playing it on emulator on my phone while waiting for a bus from school.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
2. First challenge completed... ugh I literally have no idea since it was so long ago. I think it was the Time Warp Challenge via Pirate Golden Age. I should do Ice Age, Stone Age and Bronze Age at some point since Rock Pokemon aren't too bad if they can use Double Team to avoid taking Water/Grass moves. I could do Ancient India but I'd have to Glitch catch Ekans or go with a different Pokémon like Tauros since they revere Cows.

Years
Yes, a lot of Challenges. I completed Random Pok?mon Challenge so many times. And Solo Challenges, Nuzlockes and probably even more that I don't remember now.

I did. I created Plushie Challenge back in 2013, where player could only use Pok?mon they owned plushie or figure of. I think that only me and Sydian sign up and it died pretty quickly.
Other than that I made several events since becoming mod here.

Aldo

Survivalist
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Yes, I did a Ultra Moon run without using any Z-Moves at all. I was also set on getting an entirely new party, not using any Pok?mon I had used before in Pok?mon Sun. Still beat the Pok?mon League with no problems ~

Years
Monocolor! I'm actually participating in one right now here. =) idk why but using Pok?mon of the same color is incredibly fun to me. <3

Ugh gosh....actually can't remember this. Pretty sure it was a holiday-themed challenge hosted here several years ago.

Nope! As of now, the few challenges I've completed I have only done once. Would like to change that. :D

At most I've only posted a challenge log to log a challenge type that already exists (looks at unevolved challenge run in Ruby I never finished). Making up a challenge itself sounds incredibly fun!

Years
I'm trying to complete SETlocke on Blaze Black 2 that I've already failed twice. But I just got through the 1st battle with Colress that I wiped on before.
I also started playing X for my Time Warp Industrial Era Ultimate run, but I barely got 1st team member. And it was more that a month ago.
And I also should continue on my Bingo card...

I'm not sure. I only ever did Fire Monotype on Fire Red as far as I can remember. But I plan on doing Dragon-Types too.

Last edited:
Years
Time for some word vomit.

Day 1: What was your favorite challenge of all time?
Completed or no, my Fairy Monotype and the Mansion extravaganza were really fun. The latter ended up turning into me getting utterly screwed by the number generator apparently making for a chaotic run until October 31st hit.

Day 2: What is the first challenge you ever completed?
The Fairy Monotype remains the only challenge I have currently completed. I might lower my Soulsilver run to just Johto to complete it sooner though and get that done at some point.

Day 3: Have you ever completed one challenge more than once?
Not YET, see #2.

Day 4: Have you created your own challenge?
Yes and no. I have never made a challenge for PC or anywhere else on the web, but I have had ideas, and might have one in the works.

Day 5: What challenges are you doing right now?
Currently, my Ultra Sun Random Challenge which I might not record until I beat it, and I plan to finish the Soulsilver electric Monotype run, but I am currently working on my next challenge which requires me to complete prerequisites.

Day 6: What is your favorite type in a Monotype Run?
Fairy or Dragon. The latter is the challenge I'm preparing for.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Figure I'd do 3, 4, 5 and 6 in succession.

3: Timewarp challenge
4: Thought about it but haven't made it official
5: Timewarp Stone Age Challenge. Nearly done with it and will post results either later today or tomorrow.
6: When RBY is concerned, Normal is probably the easiest of them all since Rattata learning Water Gun and Dig does help a great deal. Hardest by far is Bug... Ground can be difficult early on too since Misty uses the fast Staryu line. Get by her and you only have Erika, Lorelei and Lance to worry about.

Years
we're on day 8 now right???

Green monocolor in Sapphire! I love replaying this game and am excited to get through it. <3

Electric since I am biased given it's my favorite type, haha. But normal could make for a fun playthrough since they are so diverse..

7. day: In the spirit of the last question, what is your favourite color for Monocolor?
....Even though I'm going with green atm, will have to say pink!

II or III. I never get tired of replaying these games and enjoy the Pokemon selection.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
we're on day 8 now right???

Yup. I'll edit the OP :)

Not exactly the same run, but I've done some runs (Grass Mono, Gallade Solo) in multiple gens.

Nope.

None that are going well. I'll probably start one soooonish.

Grass! Electric is fun too.

Yellow!

4!

Years
Yup. I'll edit the OP :)
Thanks!

White. I feel like it has great variety of Pokémon.

3rd. I can pretty much play both RSE and FRLG on the autopilot now while doing other things and still enjoy them.

Years
Okay, looks like I'm double posting...
I would say no. It's even better that Nuzlocking FRLG, because it has better pool of Pokémon available in the early game. I should do Blue Nuzlocke again soon.

When my Rattata nicknamed Science died on the LAST Trainer on the Victory Road during my Rattata No Faint Solo. To make it worse, he died to Nidoqueen that had last few HP...

I'm not sure which challenge was it, but when my Audino became the best Pokémon on my team that included Haxorus and Krookodile and singlehandedly beat champion Iris.

So many times. I sign-up to some and then forget to beat them. And I've failed so many lockes...

Years
nov 22nd go

Absolutely. Never tried it, but with mechanics back then I can easily see why it'd be more difficult. @_@

None yet! I am happily playing challenges that are more tame, and can't recall anything.

None that I recall wow I'm boring

Never completed my NFE challenge run. I decided I was going to keep all my Pok?mon in their first forms and that got difficult really quickly haha.

Egglocke sounds very fun. =)

First form challenge that I decided to do for my NFE run. Using Fennekin, Pancham, and Espurr was unbearably difficult and I was still really early on into the game??

Sorvete

Novice
Years
Maybe Monotype? It's challenging to build a balanced team that share a type with them.

It was probably a Flying Monotype challenge in White. I had tried nuzlockes before but never actually finished them.

No, I don't think so. Yet.

Not that I can remember.

I'm trying to complete my Bingo card at the moment, but I'm also planning on starting a Monotype Challenge (maybe do an ultimate run of it).

I think Water and Flying types are nice ones for these kinda challenges.

I've never done this type of challenge before, but I'd choose the color purple, probably.

5th gen.

Everything in Gen I is harder than next gen games, to be honest.

All of the pok?mon that died during my Potterlocke Challenge. :(

That was when I soloed Cynthia with Drapion using Acupressures in my Bingo Challenge.

Yeah, a lot of nuzlockes/nuzlocke variants before.

Egglocke is pretty fun to play!

I'm boring, I don't have crazy ideas. :(

Years
15: Yeah, I definitely try to. There are some challenges though like random pokemon and nuzlocke where I can't really help but using pokemon that I've used before but it's mostly fresh material.

Years
I have to agree with others that Egglocke is one of the best things to ever happened to Nuzlocke.

Combining Pokémon and Magic: The Gathering/Yu-Gi-Oh... It would pretty much play as a Nuzlocke, but you have to build a deck in Magic/YGO based on your team. Once you beat the Gym Leader, you have to beat deck based on that Gym Leader (Beat Misty in Fire Red and Aquaactress deck in YGO for example). To be honest, I still want to do this and maybe wil...

15. day: Do you use your favourite Pokémon or the ones you never used before in Challenges?
I'm trying to use new Pokémon every time. By looking at my Hall of Fame post, I think I'm successful at it.

16. day: Will you do any Challenge on LGPE? If so, which one?
I don't have Switch, so no. And if I would get one, I would probably wait for the Gen VIII games.

17. day: What is your current team in your current Challenge?
One underleveled Scraggy in X. Flair of Flare challenge from my Bingo Card.

18. day: What was the hardest Challenge you have ever played?
Right now? SETlocke. I've failed 3 times already.

19. day: Have you ever participated in the Challenge's Event?
In almost every single one since 2013.

20. day: Do you like to plan your team at the beginning of the Challenge?
Yes! If I don't I have a hard time picking my team, because I would like to use so many Pokémon...

21. day: What is your favourite Mono- Challenge?
Color. IMHO it has the best combination of types for each color.

22. day: What Event would you like to see in the future?
I don't know to be honest.

Years
Well, because of the whole accident with the server, this event is really behind! So I think I'll keep it up for a few days until Christmas to see if anyone is still interested in it.

23. day: Do you enjoy more hardcore Challenges?
It depends on how hardcore it is. I don't like challenges that bans healing, items, using Pokémon or even playing the game...

24. day: Speaking of the hardcore Challenges, what was the most hardcore Challenge you've ever played?
SETlocke is proving to be pretty hard. It still depends on the RNG, but I had pretty rough time in my attempts to complete it on Blaze Black 2.

25. day: Do you read/watch other's reports of the Challenge?
Yep, when I have time and don't know what else to do, I read through other user's reports.

26. day: Have you ever read/watch someone thread in the Challenge Logs?
Multiple threads. I remember few from Achromatic, PageEmperor, Knost and Suon.

27. day: Have you ever created Challenge in the Challenge Logs?
Yes. Rattata No Faint Solo, Around the PokéEarth that I didn't enjoy that much in the end and currently Shiny Badge Quest in Ultra Moon.

28. day: Are you excited for a Christmas Event?
I have to make it first.

29. day: What are your goals in 2019 for Challenges?
Complete my Bingo Card. 10/21 after 1 year.

30. day: Do you want to see more events like this?
I don't think I'll answer this one. BUT YES!!!

Back