• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Collecting Soot

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
  • Have you guys been collecting soot in the areas around Fallarbor town? There's some nifty secret base furniture you can get with it, but I haven't bothered much with it yet in ORAS yet. What about you guys, have you made a point to farm for soot in order to get some of those items and furniture?

Years
  • I've been trying but with limited piles of soot it becomes slightly overwhelming and annoying more than anything. xD

Years
  • I find it way more annoying than the original games, because back in the day you only collected soot by walking through the grass. Now there's piles that give you only a small amount which means you have to keep going in and out of the route before you can even accumulate enough for an item.

Reactions: EC

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
    Years
  • Every time I'm passing through the route, I make a point of hitting each of the soot piles, and hopefully by endgame, I'll be able to afford the items. So I'm kind of doing it passively.

Reactions: Sun

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Loved this feature so much in the original games. Made it a point to walk over every single piece of grass to make the area green again.

That damn volcano kept ruining everything though.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 27, 2018
    I got two flutes by walking through the soot. The best way for me like somebody has already mentioned is to collect loads is to multitask by waiting for an egg to hatch by generating 'steps' by riding on my bike.

Years
  • I plan on doing this soon once I take my secret base seriously because I want those crystal furnishings, but right now I have a bunch of other things in the game I want to do.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    I've done some soot collecting but I definitely preferred it in RSE. It was much more convenient in the originals to just walk over all the tall grass than it is with the piles in ORAS.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    Yeah, I am not a huge fan of the new soot collecting meathod. The way it was in RSE wasn't awesome, but at least it had some way to visually reward the effort put in. I haven't done much with it in ORAS, and probably won't in the near future.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I did end up collecting the soot and have all available items from it. I still tend to run through the soot at times when I am around 113, mainly dexnaving.

LergiOfficial

#1 Octillery Fanboy
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2016
    I've never had a real interest in Secret Bases, and the whole new soot mechanic seems a bit annoying, so I haven't really done anything with it. I'd do it if I wanted those cool flutes that heal status effects, though.

Back