• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silver hack: Pokémon Dark Energy - Beta 5 Released

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
Years
Just finished this release, loved it! It really is a fun hack, rooting for you to continue this project! ^^

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Just finished this release, loved it! It really is a fun hack, rooting for you to continue this project! ^^
Thank you! :)
I sure will continue it.
Burningocean2012 said:
How many badges are in the current beta?
The concept is actually quite different from many other hacks. There are 8 gyms out there, but you don't challenge the leaders in order to gain badges or become a pokemon champion. Some gym leaders are mandatory to be beaten, but visiting most gyms is optional.

In the end, there will be final boss like battles coming up, but such aren't included in the current beta. Yet already you're going to battle against some of the top leaders of Team Darkness and "Guardians", whatever those are.

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
just dropped in to ask how this one's progressing.

anyways i finished playing beta 5 as i finally got the time to complete it and holy man was it amazing! this hack is superb storywise. it's probably one of the best GBC hacks i've played period! wish you luck on beta 6 and i hope we get more news soon. and by the way i totally recommend this game. thanks for creating an amazing game Miksy. Have a good day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I thoroughly enjoyed this hack when I played through it, even did a short review of it at PC Daily. I don't understand why more people aren't talking about it - I'd recommend it to anyone! Anywhooo, amazing work miksy91. You've done a fantastic job mate <3

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
I thoroughly enjoyed this hack when I played through it, even did a short review of it at PC Daily. I don't understand why more people aren't talking about it - I'd recommend it to anyone! Anywhooo, amazing work miksy91. You've done a fantastic job mate <3

i agree i wasn't even born when GBC released silver and i was a baby when the first of these hacks were released. i enjoyed it and i agree this hack need's to be more noted in the hacking community.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 7, 2020
I just finished the main story and I gotta say I really enjoyed this hack a lot. Very well done to the creator, I'm looking forward for future releases :)

Still, I got some questions.

I always try to finish the pokedex for hacks I like alot, just to get more playtime out of it. Seems like I cant find a couple of pokemon in this one.. so if anyone can tell if and where I can find Dunsparce, Unown, Smeargle, Shuckle Porygon and Misdreavus
(i'd guess the legendary Dogs, Lugia, Mewtwo and Celebi arent in the game yet)

And for the sidequests..
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Dec 9, 2020
will beta 6 have a patch file to update 5.1 or would i have to start over? also, are you still working on beta 6

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
I have some kind of bug. i cant return briefcase to scientist. he dont get it. And his text is some like ,,With that adventure spirit, you can be scientist in future'' (yes, i have briefcase in my bag.)

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Hey there, I just have a couple of questions. Has there been a fix for the hack to work on myoldboy? also, is the main story complete? Thank you in advance!

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 30, 2023
OH! I realized who it was as I was reading this post. I think I've actually talked to him before finding the other six, and he just introduced himself (I honestly don't remember if it even gave me the option to recruit him).

hello, can you tell where did you find him? because seriously, i'm walking in all the map and i didn't find this hiker, i think i already found the other six

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
hello, can you tell where did you find him? because seriously, i'm walking in all the map and i didn't find this hiker, i think i already found the other six

Well, as you can see from my post it's been quite some time so i honestly don't remember anymore lol. It was definitely inside some sort of cave however, perhaps in the Rocky Village's cave?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 30, 2023
Well, as you can see from my post it's been quite some time so i honestly don't remember anymore lol. It was definitely inside some sort of cave however, perhaps in the Rocky Village's cave?

i couldn't find him, but thanks anyway!

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
I am sorry for re-posting my question but is the main storyline complete in Beta 5? I did check the FAQ but it says that the "Main story takes more time to finish than becoming champion", does this mean the main story is complete? Thank you.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 22, 2023
The main story is not complete he is planning a beta 6 than the final after that this will take at least 3 years before it is finished.

Back