• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Age of Empires

Years

• So, with the announcement of Age of Empires IV, it looks like Microsoft intends on properly continuing the franchise instead of just re-releasing definitive editions of the previous iterations (AoE DE comes out in October, and AoE II HD DE and AoE 3 DE were also announced), I figured now would be a good time to create an AoE thread.

Does anyone still actively play? Anyone looking forward to any of the Definitive Editions or to IV itself?

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • Age of Empires III was basically one of my first PC games. I still spend a solid session on AoE II every now and then when the mood permits. I'm really looking forward to this new one as well as the original remaster, but I wish Mythology was getting a bit more love. The game is amazing, but it really hasn't aged well and could use a nice re-release with improved AI, graphics, and more/longer storylines. I feel like it only scratched the surface of what an AoE game based on mythology could be.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I have good memories of AoE 2 and actually picked up the HD version not long ago. I'm guessing Microsoft sees the opportunity to be a player in the eSports scene as their old RTS was a staple of its time. I'm glad to see them coming out with a revamped version. I'm interested to see how big it can be, as an eSport.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    kjsdnfjsdnks

Age of Empires II: Age of Kings was my childhood. I played it too too too much and regret none of it. Wasn't as big a fan of AoEIII but maybe this will get me hooked again if it's anything as good as the second installation :D

Also love the trailer music, I wonder if it's a track I can find or if it's specifically made for this.

Back