• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New items and features announced for Sword and Shield

bobandbill

one more time
Years
UI looks really nice, and having control over natures will save competitive battlers a ton of time, which I think is a good thing. There's less pride that comes with finally catching the right Pokemon with the right nature, but I think it's a fair trade. People's time is more important lol. The XP candies are kinda dumb, I never used to use rare candies because it felt cheap. The fact that you can have an XL candy that will give a level 50 Pokemon 3 levels is kind of absurd. And the egg moves transfering between species is fine. Being able to access boxes from anywhere is a great QOL change and I'm all for it.

Overall pretty excited for the games still. I just wish I could turn off exp share. >:(
Alas, it seems like there is no way to turn off the Exp. Share now, because they felt there was little point. =/

Years
finally, i can soft-reset a hell of a lot less these days if i screw up on a pokemon's nature.

also i dont use rare candies so exp candy sounds just as silly to me. i find grinding a lot more fun i suppose, but that's just me.

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I prooobably won't use the exp candies, just because I don't use rare candies much either. Unless, with the exp candies the stat raises are better?

Either way, liking that we can finally use multiple items at once!

Though, I imagine a trainer holding down a Pokemon and forcing them to swallow so many pills.......

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Alas, it seems like there is no way to turn off the Exp. Share now, because they felt there was little point. =/

What I'll hope for then, in that case, is that they balance the game with Exp Share in mind. AKA having really high level gym leaders so that it feels like you need Exp Share on constantly.

Years
What I'll hope for then, in that case, is that they balance the game with Exp Share in mind. AKA having really high level gym leaders so that it feels like you need Exp Share on constantly.

or nerf the EXP share gains so you'd have to grind more. either or would work for me.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 15, 2021
^ I haven't seen it myself but someone's been early streaming gameplay of SwSh and over on reddit they're saying that the player has been consistently over-levelled because of it...

Years
I normally don't use rare candies anyway, but I feel like having the variety of exp candies will help later in the game when I'm grinding out my Pokemon to Lv. 100, Lucky Egg shenanigans aside. As for the nature mints...if I have to slog through the Battle Tower to get enough BP for them then no thank you lmao.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Now I'm happy, because it was always frustrating for getting the right nature on you're Pokémon. With the lack of time, I can now play more competitive as wel.

Back