• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] The Post-Game

Years
  • Seeing as these games are confirmed to be remakes/based on Pokemon Yellow Version, what kind of post-game do you think we'll get to see? Obviously Yellow originally didn't have much of a post-game, so do you think we'll get something similar to the Sevii Islands that we saw in FRLG or maybe something new entirely?

In my option the last few Pokemon games haven't had an extensive post-game that we saw in the likes of FRLG/HGSS/BW etc, so it would be great to finally have new areas to explore after we defeat the E4!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • E4 rematches will hopefully be a thing along with a postgame plot. Since Yellow lacked any sort of postgame content, I'd imagine they would give us something to do, even if it's just a battle facility. Sevii islands were an addition to the remakes of Red & Green which also originally lacked postgame content so I don't see why they couldn't include it in these games. It would be a great place to catch the Alolan forms!

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I am also guessing that there is no post game other than catching every pokemon in Kanto. I honestly don't remember. I think the only thing there was to do was to catch Mewtwo.

It also isn't going to be hard to finish the dex with only 151 pokemon, so you will probably end up playing the game less than any other. This is the main reason I didn't want to go back to Kanto without Johto.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    nothing!
    what did you expect when there are even less pokemon to play than X and Y... and X and Y has one of most lackluster post-game ever.
    Heck I seriously doubt we will even have battle tower expes anymore.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • I'm not really sure what to expect of the post-game. I get the feeling these games are gonna be on the short side so I'll be (pleasantly) surprised if there's any semblance of a post-game at all.

Years
  • It would be a great place to catch the Alolan forms!

This is a great idea and would totally make sense as a place for the player to get the Alolan forms. Pretty sure they confirmed that Alolan forms would be in the games right? If so some sort of island post-game would be perfect, due to the hot and different climates we could find there.

Last edited:
    Years
  • With all the things they're removing from these games, I feel like there will be Mewtwo side-quest, maybe Looker side-quest (which is getting pretty boring after having it in 3 gens). I don't think there will be any battle facility, because they aren't casual-friendly.
    I would like to see Sevii Islands, but that was FR/GL thing and not Yellow thing.

Years
  • Keeping my expectations low here, so I'm not really expecting much post-game wise. Maybe, just maybe Game Freak will have included an area somewhat like Battle Tower if they were feeling generous, but I see that as unlikely, especially in a game that isn't a full-fledged main series title.

I see it as more likely that beating the game would open up a few more quests which would take you to new areas here and there, but that'd be about it.

Unown Seer

Earnest
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2020
    1. Mega Stones (the remaining ones)
    2. Mewtwo in Cerulean Cave
    3. A new legendary in Cinnabar Volcano

Sadly, even a Battle Tower seems unlikely. Maybe the two legendaries will have a shared story to pad out the content.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Outside of Mewtwo, the only other post-game content would be catching the "new" Pokemon that is debuting in LGP/LGE. They've been relatively tight-lipped on it too.

Back