• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon you feel Ash should have

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
  • Is there ever in the anime when you thought Ash would get a Pokemon but he didn't? Or a new Pokemon you thought Ash will end up catching one but it didn't happen?

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
    Years
  • Branch out a little from the regions starters, common birds, bug and grass types? It would be good to see him catch more steel, Ice, Dark types.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • There was a Kalos episode where I thought he would catch a Dunsparce, Sadly I was mistaken.

M.E.R.255

Merry of all traits ;P
    Years
  • I think there were instances that he or his team tried to catch a Pokémon that already belonged to someone. XP Darn... if only I remembered which... Been so long. >_<

I was actually a little afraid with the episode where he would go out and capture Clair's Dratini. =P Forgot if it was actually caught by her though or just with her...

Sorry, I can't contribute that much >_<

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
    Years
  • This is not something I have not thought about a lot.

I guess the best example I can think of a Pokémon I'd think he'd catch but didn't was Litten, until Stoutland passed away.

LuminousWarrior

Knight In Battle Scarred Armour
    Years
  • I wish he had kept his Haunter. It would have added so much to his team, and the anime in general. Plus, it's one of my favorite Pokemon.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Bergmite is still one Pokemon I feel would be interesting for Ash to get. Though I suppose it's for the best since in the end it would have ended up a lot like with Turtwig. Not that it's a bad thing since he goes though the same thing with his regional birds.

I know there's another one but I for the life of me cannot remember which one is it at the moment, damn. So we'll just stick with Bergmite for now.

Years
  • That Grubbin. You know which Grubbin I'm talking about. John Cena must have died and reincarnated as that thing; that's how wt* badass that Grubbin was. XD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think Ash and an Elekid would have been a cool team. They'd have grumbled and rumbled a bit first but eventually learned to trust each other and become a super strong duo. Then after the 6th gym or so, it could have finally evolved into an Electabuzz, and shortly after been traded away to another trainer whom Ash felt would benefit more than him from having the strong Electabuzz. And in the league, it would already have evolved into Electavire (maybe the one Infernape fought?) and they'd have acknowledged each other as respected opponents :D /headcanon

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2019
    I wished he catched an Oddish, a Machop and a Shellder, he didn't needed to evolve but it would be great. Also in Kalos I'm sad that he didn't catched a Skiddo or a Phantump. Now in Alola I would have prefered Pikipek over Rowlet, Toucannon seems awesome.

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2017
    I wish he would be allowed one starter ONLY ever series. They steal up slots of cooler pokemon. Like bisharp could have been caught over Tepig.

Years
    • Seen May 18, 2017
    Ash should really just quit. He saw almost all the legendarys and never caught one. Its just repetitive.

Maybe because he is not a dick. He tends to only catch pokemon that want to go with him. Just randomly catching whatever would be cruel to the Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2019
    I wish he would be allowed one starter ONLY ever series. They steal up slots of cooler pokemon. Like bisharp could have been caught over Tepig.
    I wish Charmander were his starter but since it doesn't evolve through stone they have chosen Pikachu instead.

Years
  • Now in Alola I would have prefered Pikipek over Rowlet, Toucannon seems awesome.

It's so sad when you realize Rowlet was bought up by a Trumbeak and Toucannon, but Ash will likely never own that evolution line because Rowlet not only had to take up a typical starter slot, but the regional bird slot as well. So when you look at it, Alola is looking to be the region that breaks the regional bird streak for Ash.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2019
    It's so sad when you realize Rowlet was bought up by a Trumbeak and Toucannon, but Ash will likely never own that evolution line because Rowlet not only had to take up a typical starter slot, but the regional bird slot as well. So when you look at it, Alola is looking to be the region that breaks the regional bird streak for Ash.

Yes that's true, Ash will never catch Pikipek or its evolutions because of Rowlet, especially with the criticism that X and Y series had of Ash having to much flying types.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • This question is purely subjective. Part of me wishes he caught a boat load more Pokemon while part of me feels that what he has caught so far is perfectly fine. If I had to pick a Pokemon that I wish he had caught by now, the one that instantly comes to mind is Eevee. He meets the Evolution Brothers in Kanto(where they introduce the first 3 Eevee Evolutions), then they bring Eevee back again in Johto for Umbreon and Espeon(with Sakura and her sisters). Then again in Hoenn with May getting one but doesn't evolve it until Sinnoh where they introduce Leafeon(thanks to Zoey) and Glaceon(thanks to May). Finally it reappears in Kalos to debut Sylveon(from which Serena acquires it rather than giving Ash his first Fairy type).

I can see not getting it in Kanto but with Gary as his rival, it was the perfect motivation for him to get one of his own. Each opportunity to get one, they gave it to a side character or to one of his traveling companions. Kind of frustrating considering that Eevee can evolve any number of ways. To me the perfect Eevee evolution for Ash would be Espeon. He has zero Psychic type Pokemon and outside of Noctowl, he really has no Pokemon with Psychic abilities.

The other Pokemon I wish Ash would get would be a Vulpix, particularly the Alola variant that is an Ice Type because Ash has one Ice type in Glalie. Not only would an Alola Vulpix bolster his Ice type numbers but the fact Alola Ninetales also happens to be part Fairy is even more of a reason to get it. Yet like with Eevee, they find every reason in the book to give potential Pokemon to someone else.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Now that I think about it, Ash lacks Steel types(if I'm not mistaken), hence Alola Sandshrew is a potential possibility and would fit Ash's MO of using Pokemon with a type disadvantage(Ice/Steel vs a Fire Type when going for a Fire Z-Crystal, else why have Litten?). Ash had opportunities to get Steel types too(like when he caught Torkoal).

So yeah... I'd like to see him get Steel, Psychic, more Ice and ffs an Eevee.

Back