• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film 30 Days of Movies Challenge

Zeffy

g'day
Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Day 08 - A movie that makes you sad

Comet, a 2014 film starring Justin Long and Emmy Rossum. It's a film about a couple breaking up, getting back together, and ultimately breaking up again. I know a lot of people didn't like this film, but a lot of lines from this actually hit close to home. I love the sci-fi inspired cinematography of the film as well as majority of the dialogue, but I can acknowledge that this film is definitely not for everyone.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Day 09 - Favourite quote from any movie

100% this quote by John Keating (Robin Williams) from Dead Poets Society:

ca31dffe51fadb735ff85dedc2e92f60.jpg

(A bunch of Disney quotes come in at a close second)

Graine

It looks at you and casts Mind Blast.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2018
    Day 08 - A movie that makes you sad
    Requiem for a Dream.
    Also Fast and Furious (2009), because that's when they switched from actual racing to over the top heist.

Day 09 - Favourite quote from any movie
    "Yippie-ki-yay, Motherfucker!" -Bruce Willis as John McClane in Die Hard (1988)

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Day 09 - Favourite quote from any movie

We're allowed to answer with short films, right? :p

My favourite quote is a monologue from a short film written and directed by Sammy Paul and Tim H (they are filmmakers who share their work on YouTube) called The Fleeting Little Life of Peter Wright. It's quite a long monologue, so I'll put it in a spoiler below. Alternatively, you can listen to it yourself by watching the short film here (the monologue starts at 9:39).

content warning: cursing
    Spoiler:

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
    Years
    "I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly stupid." - Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean

Charlie Brown

Years
  • Day 10 - Favourite book adaptation

The adaptations for The Hunger Games for sure. I loved the books and was so glad that all the movies stayed true to the books (for the most part) and created a cinematic universe that reflected the Panem I pictured in my head. Amazing soundtrack and acting as well, and the CGI definitely improved as the series went on.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years

"When do you think people die? When they're shot through the heart by the bullet of a pistol? No. When they have an incurable disease? No. When they drink soup made from a poisonous mushroom? No! It's When they are forgotten." - Dr. Hiluluk, from One Piece: Episode of Chopper: Bloom in the Winter, Miracle Sakura

Day 10 - Favourite book adaptation

So many options here, but I think I'll go with Jurassic Park, partly because I've actually read the book. xD

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024

eragon

I honestly don't know. Part of me wants to say The Perks of Being a Wallflower, but I feel like I've already said that too much. I think I'm just going to say the Hunger Games primarily because the way Jennifer Lawrence portrayed is exactly the way I imagined her in my head.

Graine

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2018
    Another hard question... Jodorowsky's Dune WOULD have been the best adaptation ever without a doubt, but since that movie was never made, I'll have to go with The Silence of the Lambs.

Charlie Brown

Years
  • Day 11: The last movie you watched in the cinemas

Cars 3 actually haha. Went for my little brother's birthday - it was okay but definitely not up to Pixar's calibre for sure :/

Graine

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2018
    Day 11: The last movie you watched in the cinemas
    Hmm that was a long time ago.. I used to go once or twice a week, but I can't afford that lifestyle anymore...
    The last movie I saw was Fantastic Beasts with Soapy. We both loved it. Great movie, has a lot more potential than the entire Harry Potter series IMO.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Day 11: The last movie you watched in the cinemas
    I think it was Spider-Man: Homecoming! I liked the film a lot; especially Tom Holland's portrayal.

Last edited:

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Day 11: The last movie you watched in the cinemas

It's definitely been awhile, but I remember it was Star Trek Into Darkness. I watched it with my little brother. I mean, he's 28 but now but that's still what he is haha. He wanted to watch one of the Iron Man movies but I'm not that into superheroes. Chris Pine, on the other hand...^^

Charlie Brown

Years
  • Day 12: Your favourite movie from the past year

Hands down Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Had all the magic of the original HP movies, just enough references (that twist at the end fuaaaa setting it up nicely for the next movie), new society and elements was really nice too, and Eddie Redmayne is <3

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Day 12: Your favourite movie from the past year

Definitely Moana, because...it was the only movie from last year that I've seen. *sweatdrop* But it'd probably be near the top even if I had watched more. A Disney princess with not even a hint of a love interest? That's what I like to see. ^_^

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
    Years
  • Day 11: The last movie you watched in the cinemas Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales.
    Day 12: Your favourite movie from the past year Guardians of the Galaxy 2

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Day 12: Your favourite movie from the past year

2016 was a great year for films! You got Moonlight, Arrival, La La Land, and Hidden Figures among others, but my favourite is definitely Manchester by the Sea. It had admirable screenplay and acting, as well as a theme that makes you think whether or not you can have the strength to recover after such a traumatic event. I definitely recommend everyone to watch it!

Charlie Brown

Years
  • Day 13 - A movie that disappointed you

Cars 2. Cars wasn't amazing but Cars 2 was just like... what is this and why is it happening and why did this get a sequel over The Incredibles and why am i not crying, i always cry in Pixar movies.

Back