• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Film 30 Days of Movies Challenge

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
Years
  • Day 05: A movie you liked of your least favourite genre

I generally find documentaries really boring but I loved March of the Penguins growing up haha.

Last edited:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Day 05: A movie you liked of your least favourite genre

Probably Valkyrie. Not much for movies based on real events, but this one was great.

Graine

It looks at you and casts Mind Blast.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2018
    I have a hard time finding comedies that I really like. Intouchables is a movie I didn't think I would like but ended up loving. It's a French movie about a quadriplegic rich man who hires a guy from the projects to become his caregiver. Apparently, it is based on a true story.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Day 01: Favourite movie
    Interstellar. Not sure anything has topped that since it came out. The Lion King comes close as my foreverfav, but Interstellar just hit so many things right that I love in movies.

Day 02: Favourite movie character
    Possibly Tony Stark. Idk really, it's hard to think of one when asked like this, since there are so many great characters.

Day 03: The last movie you watched
    Hmm...Okja! It's so strange. Like. Wow so strange. And a bit gross.

Day 04: A movie of your favourite genre
    The Dark Knight catches two birds with one stone; superheroes + thriller/action

The Green Mile. I'm pretty tired of prison movies urgh. But this one was speshul.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Day 02: Favourite Movie Character
    Shaymin.

don't remember

i don't really know movie genres that well? :p

Day 5:
    Argh this is hard, I don't really watch movies! Maybe Harry potter? the 4th one?

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
    Years
  • Day 05: A movie you liked of your least favourite genre That's tough. I'll say Guardians of the Galaxy because I don't usually like superhero movies.

Charlie Brown

Years
  • Day 06: A movie with your favourite actor/actress

Fences which features my favourite actress, Viola Davis! So talented (although I love her for HTGAWM more than movies)

Last edited:

Graine

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2018
    Day 06: A movie with your favourite actor/actress
    The Grand Budapest Hotel, featuring Harvey Keitel. Great movie, even greater actor.

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Ooh, fun! I love films!

My favourite movie is definitely the 2012 film adaptation of Perks of Being a Wallflower. Not particularly because it was a good film (which it was, go watch it) but because I saw it at a time when I was very emotionally vulnerable. Also (an actual spoiler, don't click if you don't want to be spoiled!!!,
    Spoiler:

I don't think I've ever established a favourite character across all movies.

Netflix' Death Note. I thought Willem Dafoe was great in it, but I really did not like this film. Visually, it was very appealing, and I thought the casting was fine. The narrative was just... very poorly executed, especially if you compare it to the other Death Note literature.

My favourite genre is coming-of-age, so Perks of Being a Wallflower :p

I dislike crime films, but The Godfather is a great film.

Beauty and the Beast, featuring Emma Watson. I think I'm actually in-love with her :(

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Day 04: A movie of your favorite genre

I love dystopian films as well as novels. Favorite would probably Children of Men; it's just a great cautionary tale.

Day 05: A movie you liked of your least favorite genre

Never cared for comedies, but Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood (that title) is a stupidly funny movie that always manages to crack me up.

Day 06: A movie with your favorite actor/actress

Anything with Jack Nicholson will entertain me. Chinatown, The Shining, and even not so great films like Anger Management, lol.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Day 07 - A movie that makes you happy

Almost any movie that includes a hefty amount of musical performances. Off the top of my head (which are most likely films I've rewatched recently :p) La La Land, Moana, and Pitch Perfect!

Graine

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2018
    Day 07 - A movie that makes you happy
    Hmm.. That one is harder than I thought. I'll go with Asterix & Obelix Mission Cleopatre.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I can't believe I literally went a week without noticing this thread. Well, here goes...

Starting off with a hard one, yikes. I'll have to go with the The Little Mermaid, which is at the very least my favourite Disney movie and one that I try to watch at least once a year. ^^

Also a hard one, as I love all sorts of characters from all sorts of movie genres. I could easily go with Ariel from the question above, but that seems too easy, and it wouldn't be true either as I don't like some of the choices she made. So after a long inner debate, I finally decided on Mulan. She's a strong badass female character who, unlike Ariel, made all the right choices. ^_^

It was The Hunchback of Notre Dame. I'm not intentionally trying to make this thing Disney-themed, honest, xD

Day 04: A movie of your favourite genre.

My favourite genre is Sci-Fi Fantasy, and my favourite movie of that genre is...*performs inner debate again*...I suppose it's Star Trek: First Contact. I love Star Trek in general, and the time travel aspect really peaked my interest, among other things.

Day 05: A movie you liked of your least favourite genre.

My least favourite genre is definitely horror, as I am a scardey-cat who won't be able to sleep for a month after watching a scary movie. So I'll obviously have to pick one that was more on the lighter side of things, and that movie will be...*enters yet another long thought process*...Jurassic Park! That counts as a horror movie, right? xD My interest in paleontology definitely trumps my fear of horror when watching it and its sequels. Though the first is still by far the best.

My favourite actress right now is Blake Lively, and my favourite movie starring her is called Age of Adaline. It came out a few years ago, and I believe it's based on a book. Anyway Blake's character is immortal, and trying to deal with life in a world where everyone around her ages and eventually dies while she remains a young woman.

Day 07: A movie that makes you happy

Precure in general makes me happy, and I always binge-watch the show when I'm trying to cheer myself up. Furthermore Heartcatch is my favourite Precure series by far, and consequently(or coincidentally) my favourite Precure movie is also from this series: HeartCatch PreCure! the Movie: Fashion Show in the Flower Capital... Really?! It sounds better in Japanese. :P

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • Day 07 - A movie that makes you happy

Anyone of my childhood favorites really; even re-watching them today reminds me of the good ol' days. So Good Burger, Heavyweights, The Big Green or any of the 3 Ninjas movies. {XD}

Charlie Brown

Years
  • Day 08 - A movie that makes you sad

I'm not sure if sad is the right word, but maybe more reflective and poignant. Regardless, Me and Earl and The Dying Girl hits me in the feels with its poignancy and somber-ness especially towards the end.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Day 08 - A movie that makes you sad

Star Trek: Nemesis, for so many reasons, not least of which being the fact that it killed the TNG movie franchise for good. Though the story itself also made me sad, especially near the end.

Back