• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Anime Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years

• Get Together 2013: Pokemon Anime Marathon!

Welcome, one and all, to the Pokemon Anime Marathon, presented by EternallyAnna and [Supporter]NecrumWarrior[/Supporter]. Between July 5th and July 7th, we will be streaming hours of Pokemon Anime, for your viewing pleasure. We invite you to join us, and chat about the episodes, crack jokes, and enjoy some of the things that brought us joy in our childhood.

If you like talking to us, I suggest you check out #lilycove. Both Anna and myself are always there. And, if you enjoy watching Pokemon with us, you should join in with us at the Pokemon Anime Watch-Along Club, where we watch an episode chosen from any part of the series weekly, and discuss it, kinda like a book club for Pokemon.
    anime.jpg

Details and Times

We will be hosting 4 separate Marathons, one each on Friday and Saturday, and two on Sunday. The times are varied so that everyone who wants to attend, should be able to reasonably make it to at least one of these showings. We will be streaming from this page:

http://www.livestream.com/gt13animemarathon

Please note that you DO NOT need an account on Livestream in order to participate. All you have to do is click the link and enjoy.

We will be having 5 minute breaks in between each episode, and a 15 minute break in the middle of the Friday and Saturday showings.

The show times are US Central Time and are as follows:

Friday July 5, 9pm - 1am Larvitar Arc
    - Hatch Me If You Can
    - Entei at Your Own Risk
    - A Crowning Achievement
    - Here's Lookin' at You, Elekid
    - You're a Star, Larvitar!
    - Address Unown!
    - Mother of All Battles

Saturday July 6, 3pm - 7:30pm Silver Conference
    - Pop Goes the Sneasel
    - A Claim to Flame!
    - Love, Pokémon Style
    - Tie One On!
    - The Ties That Bind
    - Can't Beat the Heat!
    - Playing with Fire!
    - Johto Photo Finish
    - Gotta Catch Ya Later!

Sunday July 7, 9am - 10:30am Kanto Grand Festival
    - May, We Harley Drew'd Ya!
    - Thinning the Hoard
    - Channeling the Battle Zone

Sunday July 7, 4:30pm - 6:30pm DP Tag Battles
    - Dawn's Early Night!
    - Tag! We're It...!
    - Glory Blaze!
    - Smells Like Team Spirit!

Chat Rules

As we are streaming a kids show, we will be laying out a few ground rules for the chat that we will expect everyone to adhere to.

1. No fighting: Real debates are acceptable, but petty quarrels will not be tolerated, and we will intervene where necessary.
    2. Treat everyone with respect: This should go without saying. Everyone is here to have a good time, so please be respectful of everyone else, in the same manner you would want to be treated.
    3. Cursing is censored: You can curse if you like, we are not too worried about this, but know that Livestream will censor all curse words. Please do not try to work around the censor by spelling words out by letter, and try to keep the dialogue PG, we can still tell what you're saying most of the time.
    4. Any derogatory terms or behavior will not be tolerated: Any and all racism, sexism, religious persecution, and criticism of sexual orientation will be harshly punished with an instant ban. Offensive terms like "retarded" will be handled with a warning at first.
    5. Off-topic chatter is permissible, but we'd like to keep a general focus on the anime and a specific focus on the episodes currently being streamed.

Emblems and How to Get Them

Instead of trying to keep track of who all is actually at the stream, you will be providing us with some proof here on what streams you participated in. This allows us to keep the stream going smoothly and allow everyone to use whatever name they want in the Livestream chat. Proof of participation is simple. Just post your favorite part of a stream, episode, or even something that happened in the chat if you really want. Try to elaborate instead of just saying "I liked watching Team Rocket get blasted off in this episode." Explain why you liked it. It doesn't have to be super detailed, even just a sentence is okay. To qualify for Persistent Patrons, you will have to post like this for each stream, though a single edited post is acceptable.

emblem2013marathon2b_zps7f2e9734.png

Persistent Patron
    Every time we looked, you were still following Ash and Pikachu. You may have a problem... but we still had fun with you at the GT2013 Pokémon Anime Marathons!
    Requirement: Show up to every stream.

emblem2013marathon1_zps0787a183.png

Notable Appearance
    Thanks for bringing your unique spirit to the Pokémon Anime Marathons of GT2013!
    Requirement: Show up to two or more streams and/or be a prominent chatterer.

emblem2013marathon0_zpsf31d6ac8.png

CotD
    It was nice to see you at the GT2013 Pokémon Anime Marathons, even if only for a bit!
    Requirement: Show up to one stream.

Last edited:

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    Sounds exciting. I haven't really watched the anime in a while. I'll try and make it to some of these show times. :D

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I'll be on the GT Marathon Channel chat in 30 minutes. Then 15 minutes after that, the show will begin.

SetheKing

"Ignore him, for he...Yeah, he's dumb."
    Years
  • Not to crazy about the story arcs chosen, but I'll be there to see them.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I haven't seen any anime episodes in a while, so I'm definitely attending. I'll be using the same name as here.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
  • That's one durable Larvitar egg. It survived falling from a bike, immersion in a stream, kicked around by a huge amount of people... never did show how the egg survived the incoming truck.

DOOD ASH IS PREGNANT oh wait that's the Larvitar egg.

Anxiety's cut your blood Chasing all your ghosts
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    A scene that pops in my head is the scene where Brock flirts with the girl named Alice who had a slowpoke. I mean seriously, Brock hold her hands and her father did nothing but stand there and smiled a little if I remember correctly.

SetheKing

"Ignore him, for he...Yeah, he's dumb."
    Years
  • Slowking Arthur. Ha ha ha. In other news, apparently Normal moves can work on Ghosts if it is plot convenient. Go figure.

My favorite part? The part where Ash finally uses his brain and logically gets his way out of a van (Using, water, fire, and leaf attack). And the aforementioned 'ghost/normal fiasco', of course.

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Larvitar Arc is fun. Larvitar is such a cutie when it uses Screech. I like seeing all of the cute Johto Pokemon, like Elekid, Phanpy, Bellossom, Misdreavus, Bayleef, and Cyndaquil. They pull at my heartstrings, wahh. Ah, I felt bad for James when he was forced to trade away his Victreebel.

Years
  • Sorry I asked that one question I only skimmed the rules on Friday night sorry. I loved it when Ash went all Mom like towards Larvitar. Address Unown is so confusing.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    So after finishing watching the Address Unown episode, I find it strange how the illusion was. A giant Pikachu & Togepi, floating on top of what was an Elekid's tip of the head, with Ash/Misty/Brock sitting on top of Pikachu's head? lol I actually hadn't seen this episode before. Glad I was there to see it, as well as the other ones even though I missed the first episode. Larvitar is so cute. Especially when its smiling!

James trading in his Victreebell certainly made me think of the episode back when we saw his episode with his pet Growlithe & his so-called "love." The way he actually cared for his Pokemon, the moment he wasn't "Team Rocket," but an actual human being who cares about Pokemon.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • I saw Adress Larvitar on the stream. You guys were talking about the bug contest and RNG :P

Mother of all Battles: I was pretty sad when Larvitar left Ash. Ash and Larvitar grew such a good bond between them, it's like seeing two friends going different ways. But it was nice seeing Larvitar with it's mother.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • Showed up late to the stream -__-
    Anyways, Address Unown! was strange. I was wondering if Larvitar knew that Ash & co. were inside its mind that whole time?
    In Mother of All Battles, I was actually thinking that Larvitar would decide to stay with Ash, but I was wrong... Maybe it'll return someday

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I only had the chance to view the first two episodes of Larvitar Arc. Couldn't catch the rest of the episodes because I was very tired, so I needed to go to bed. xD I haven't seen any Johto episodes in years. It was fun to be able to watch it again, especially with you guys. If I have time, I'll try to attend tonight's marathon, too.

Griffinbane said:
    That's one durable Larvitar egg. It survived falling from a bike, immersion in a stream, kicked around by a huge amount of people... never did show how the egg survived the incoming truck.

I thought Ash saved the egg from the incoming truck. Didn't he?

Years
  • Im so excited for this stream I'm definently will be watching

Yeah this is epic I loved it when Gary helped Ash and you saw that thry were not only good rivals but great friends

Last edited:

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Great episodes so far. Silver Conference is indeed the best throughout the Pokemon series. The Gary & Ash rivalry is simply enjoyable & amazing to watch. Especially when they are fighting over a Pokeball attached to a fishing rod till it broke in half lol Their Pokemon battle is definitely one to remember. Blastoise vs Charizard battle was intense.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back