• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen GTS Fixed?

Sirfetch’d

The GTS that was introduced in gen 4 is great. And in gen 5 they added negotiations as a new feature. But as good as the GTS is it has many flaws. Do you think that GF will fix it? Will it have new features? discuss...

And by fix it I mean making it where you cannot ask for illegal Pokemon like a lvl 9 Reshiram.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I really hope they fix this thing. I never use it for the purpose it's for though, but I know a lot of people are looking for quick trades for version exclusives or something and don't have lv. 9 deer things to offer. So it'd be great if this problem could be solved, or have an entirely new method of global trading.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Yep, I've said it many time before, why ask for something you can't get? Asking for a level 9 Reshiram is like asking to swap your car with James Bond's Aston, its not gonna happen unless it's fake. They should just simply put a block on asking for Pokemon that cannot be attained legally. Simple as that.

As it is the GTS is ridiculously clunky. Just gimme a full list of EVERYTHING that's offered that matches my search criteria so I don't have to shuffle my search terms around a hundred times to get more than however many Trainers are displayed at once. Who at Game Freak thought it was an awesome idea to limit the amount you can see at a time AND make choosing your trading partner a graphical interface that's not helpful at all?

Not only that, full lists limits the amount of requests being sent to the server, because nobody's switching around their search terms in an attempt to find a Magnemite that hasn't already been traded away. I mean seriously! Grr...

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • I thought you meant fix, as in like no more fake GTS exploits :(

But seriously, please GF, it's not that hard to make it so no one can ask for an level 1 Arceus just so you can get your hands on a Magikarp. >_>

that's totally not an over-exaggeration :O

HaiImNate

Ice Cream
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2013
    I rarely use the GPS ut I hope that Gammefreak fixes it. Regardless though, there are so many people that will be playing that I'm sure some hackers will still be able to get throguh the security walls of the GPS.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • I'm probably thinking that the Global Trade Station will be improved in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y with the ability to report any Pokémon that have moves that are impossible for it to learn, so then the situations can be dealt with.

But other than that, it'll probably have some new features, such as video chatting while battling or trading or something like that, that would be nice to have.

Years
  • I'd love if things like uploading hacked Pokemon and asking for Pokemon with impossible levels were fixed, as it would save a lot of hassle for everyone involved. I'd also like to see the addition that we can search for any Pokemon that we want- not just the ones we've seen (ex: obviously I haven't seen a Rayquaza yet in B/W, that's why I want to trade for one!)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Legend wise, its possible to get some as low as level 1. HG/SS showed that for three of them. They can even distribute others, as I think they have before with Mew at least.

Only underlevel issue would be around Evolutions. Only real problem is that Gamefreak programs underleveled Pokemon in the games themselves so you could legitly get a Pidgeot before level 36. (example)

Its not a bug, or an issue that needs to be addressed. Its just a minor annoyance by trolls and new/young players. One very easily ignored when you aren't rabidly searching for trades rather than offering trades.

Pinta77

Maybe if they could make the gts accessible via the computer (similar to dreamworld). I think it would be an easier, and maybe it would be easier to make hack filters. Although in my opinion, they should find some way to completely block hacking devices so they don't pop up in the game at all. I don't know if that's possible, but ya.

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
    Years
  • Web access would be a good one, also you could simulate the trading process, as in seeing the player and placing the pokeballs down, and trading them to their respective owners. That would be great to see.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Yeah, I'd like to see GTS Negotiations expanded upon. It's got some great things going for it, but there's a lot that could be done to expand upon it. A few things that I'd like to see:
    • More emotes (or messages). Right now there's a "I like this" face, a "I don't like this" face, a heart, and some weird exclamation point. They work, sure, but they aren't that great for expressing your feelings about an offer. Perhaps stock messages like "I already have that Pokemon" or "I can't match that offer" would be incredibly helpful.
    • More specific filtering: Everyone has a different view of what a "cool" Pokemon is. I think Flygon is cool, someone else might think Feraligatr is cool. These don't even filter your GTS Negotiations search; they just display a little message. A better option would be to add search filters. Searching for trade partners who want to trade Pokemon within a certain level would make it easier to make an actual trade. In addition, search tags such as "I want a Grass-type Pokemon" would be pretty convenient.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I think the main thing I would like is being able to view pokemon in more detail. I can't think of anything specific but I recall times when I felt a bit uninformed about my decision to trade.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2014
    I think all we can really expect is a more streamlined system. Because Gen VI is being built around the 3DS, the interface and functional controls are likely to be much more user-friendly and obvious to newcomers. I've put off trading in Gen V because I've always had connectivity issues with my DSi and didn't want to spend hours on something only to be disappointed with all the obviously fake Pokemon available for trade.

What I hope the developers include is, as mentioned above, a serious filtering system and some more modern features like separate boxes for trading and easily viewable inventories of Pokemon up for trade. A nicely integrated chat function would be great, but I constantly avoid chat elements in games because they often lack quality and content.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
    Years
  • As long as nobody is allowed to put a good Pokemon up for some ridiculous thing like "Zekrom lv 9 and under"... I'll be happy, since those people really grind my gears.

Years
  • I hope they fix GTS, they really need to. I've tried several times to trade Pokémons at the GTS but it is almost impossible when the majority there are "trying" to get impossible Pokémons. >.<

Years
  • I despise the GTS. Well, the people on there.
    It's a great system! When I can, I use it all the time to fill my Pokedex.
    However, I HATE it when people ask for literally impossible Pokemon. It just really annoys me... please Game Freak, if the GTS lives on, please make sure there's no more people that ask for Lvl. 9 Celebis and Lvl. -245634 Zekirams (I know it's not a real Pokemon, but if people could ask for it, they would).

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    I would love for the GTS to be revamped. Gamefreak could take a few tips from PokéCheck and include a more comprehensive search. I'd also like to see something akin to a reservation system, where you can upload a Pokémon and reserve it to be downloaded by another player.

Back