• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TV Star Trek

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Seems like a few of us are watching different eras of Star Trek. I know I started watching The Next Generation as a kid while others may have started with Deep Space Nine or Voyager.

Right now I'm working on watching ALL of Star Trek from the very beginning to what we have now. Let your fellow Trekkers know what your favorite series is and/or your favorite characters as well. :D

Live long and prosper!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    omg from the beginning. that's quite the undertaking. i assume you'll watch all the original movies before TNG too? :)

i have actually seen the movies and liked them.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I actually haven't seen any of the movies 100% just the usual bits and pieces here and there.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I actually haven't seen any of the movies 100% just the usual bits and pieces here and there.
    omg
    go back and see them, they contain references you need

spock giving his life and being weirdly reborn
    time travel to the 90s (if i remember correctly)
    etc

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I know Data dies in one of the movies but my question is....Can he truly "die" like humans do? I mean you can take him apart but he still has all of his memories as long as they aren't wiped clean.

I guess the only real way for Data to 100% "die" is if you rid him of all his parts and then wipe his memory clean and as sad as it is to say it smash him to pieces along with every memory card he had. Because he can't "die" like a normal human would.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I know Data dies in one of the movies but my question is....Can he truly "die" like humans do? I mean you can take him apart but he still has all of his memories as long as they aren't wiped clean.

I guess the only real way for Data to 100% "die" is if you rid him of all his parts and then wipe his memory clean and as sad as it is to say it smash him to pieces along with every memory card he had. Because he can't "die" like a normal human would.
    i mean he's in Picard isn't he? or are those flashbacks ahah; I haven't seen Picard yet.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    He is in Picard but as his brother B-4 as he was technically destroyed in the movie. His memories are in B-4 but its not "Datas" body. So everything we see of Data is a flashback.

One of the reasons we don't see much of Data or his brothers is because Brent Spiner said he was getting to old to play Data. Brent is 71 and when he played Data he was in his late 30's. He said that because Data is an Android he shouldn't age like humans do.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Interesting o: A wise responsible decision tbh. Fans would have been sad to have to see a too CGI-made Data or an illogically old one.

I just remembered I have an episode of Discovery I haven't watched yet 😍 there sure is a charm in watching one ep a week as they release, instead of binging. It keeps suspense and hype up longer. And I'm terrible and can binge wayyy too hard sometimes so it counters that too heeh.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Several Discovery eps piled up ahah. But I watched one now at last.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I was able to watch all of the Next Generation movies and I thought all but one were rather good. My friend and I watched Generations and then we're like WTF. To us it didn't seem like anything made sense. It just seemed like they threw everything into one movie. Not gonna lie though the best line in that movie is Data swearing. xDDD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    rewatched s1 of Discovery again and it's still great tbh <3 actually gets better every time haha, as I notice details of the sneaky plot better d: 3rd time now.

s2 i've only seen once, but we're starting to watch it now - my fiancé for the first time and me for the 2nd, then. i didn't fancy it much the first time around. it was..... again way too Michael-focused and messy, and i didn't like the conclusion to the whole red angel mystery they built up so well ): but. there's captain pike and he makes every scene he's in wonderful so. i'll endure heheh <333

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Just incase you all need a damn good laugh. I laughed way to hard at this but it's one of those laughs that I need.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I finally finished watching all 10 episodes of Picard. I've got to say it was pretty good and I can't wait for the next season to come out.

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2021
    I've been binging all the episodes from the beginning for the past few month, so far I am up to season 3 of TNG.

I am surprised at the overarching arcs that are in these shows, I thought when I first watched them they were just syndicated, and they are, but there is a arc of exploring the edge of the galaxy in TOS, and in TNG the early seasons are foreshadowing the borg.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    There's just so much...everywhere. I love how each series can stand on its own yet they still talk about each other in a way. Newer ones will talk more about the older ones than the later. Like Picard that I finished watching is able to stand on its own but still talk about the past without it being to much.

Years
  • I actually haven't seen any of the movies 100% just the usual bits and pieces here and there.

Yes hi thread Necromancer here, mainly to come gush about Star Trek too (namely TNG and Voyager, as well as shit all over DS9 because ew).

But also - HAVE YOU WATCHED THE MOVIES YET

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Yes hi thread Necromancer here, mainly to come gush about Star Trek too (namely TNG and Voyager, as well as shit all over DS9 because ew).

I've seen all of the Next Generation ones. I actually watched Nemesis the other night.

Years
  • The big problem with going down the movie route, is that you have to suffer through all the absolutely terrible ones to watch the better films... I'll let you decide which ones are which 😅

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024

so somehow my boyfriend agreed to watch Star Trek Voyager with me and now we're taking a few episodes a week casually and it's really cozy ahah. Even though I remember every episode of the first six seasons or so, it's still really nice to watch it again somehow. My first Star Trek show and some of my favorite characters and crew dynamics still, despite the awesomeness of DS9 :3

Back