• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
  • Gah! I've learned that wikipedia is horrible. Not only could it have the potential to show false information, but primary sources are the better of them.
    I never said I trusted it. The only good point is that it's free and easy. You can't depend on Wikipedia for trustworthy or accurate information because anyone can edit it.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Then again, it's not like we'd be looking up serious items though. XD But I tend to use other sites for that.

(Being that of Pokemon of course *surprise surprise*).

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • How often do you rep posts in the Fanfiction section?

I neg-rep any one-liner reviews that don't actually say anything about the story itself. As in, the "omg so good plz rite more!" kind, usually with concrit about how that doesn't really help the writer. Really, given the fact that the entire point of giving rep is basically like reviewing a fic, I figure it has its purposes.

Just saying that right now.

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • I think we've reached a dead end till someone else posts. So I'm just going to ask a new question.

What genre do you prefer to write in?
    I'm usually the sadist who's into Psychological, Sci Fi, Horror type fics. I primarily write in these genres even at school. Sometimes I do adventure. I've only ever published one fanfic but I've written so many others.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • What genre do you prefer to write in?

What I like to write is science fiction and fantasy due to the appeal of using science to BS explanations and using magic to BS whatever I can't explain with science, respectively.

What I actually write, however, is dark fic. I'd say it's because I'm a sadist, but mostly, it's because I'm really, really cynical.

Also, my one-shots tend to be fluff and crack fic because my one-shots tend to be written mostly when I feel in too good of a mood to torment characters for my chapter fics.

Dagzar

The Dreamer
    Years
    I don't really have a preferred genre to write in; I just kind of dip into all of them. However, I do like writing adventure / action for some weird reason.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013

Hmm. Well, most of the time I end up somewhere in between Comedy and Adventure, leaning more towards Adventure. Attempts to write more serious stuff typically fail miserably.
    Are you a sadist? Do you torture the protagonist in your fic for fun?

Well, I add amusing moments at my characters' expense (Abra scene, anyone?), but other than that, nope. If I do, it would be in an alternate writing of the chapter or story that I would never publish. And besides, that's what imagination is for. >D

...And also, the 'that's what libraries are for' comment was referring to the fact that I never have enough books to read. Just to clear that up. ;D

Dagzar

The Dreamer
    Years
  • Are you a sadist? Do you torture the protagonist in your fic for fun?
    Not really… Well, not in my actual fanfiction, but I do torture (literally) my protagonists in my original works. Though, I do sometimes make fun of my characters in my fic because it amuses me.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • I'm such a loser! He he he he!

I could say something right now, but the post pretty much speaks for itself.

Believe it or not, no. Whatever happens to my characters has a reason for happening, so it's more like the story just screws them over a lot, rather than I do it because it amuses me. (It does amuse me because I am actually a sadist, but I try not to throw something into my fic for no apparent reason other than it's fun to watch characters squirm. I mean, it's just more satisfying to watch them squirm and then go, "Well... crap. That's why that's there.")

I guess you could say it's a yes in that I don't exactly have to write the story this way, but on the other hand, I'm very, very fond of examples of the sci-fi genre that get like this. (Elfen Lied, anyone?)

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • Wow. Stuff happens. Yes, I read it all. No, I'm not ignoring you.

I like writing psychological fiction, often minus the 'logical' part. I also enjoy horror. Creepy, gloomy horror, not bloody, zombie horror.

Not for fun, per se, although I do derive pleasure from making them squirm.

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
    Years
    Anything non-romance, really. I've attempted humour, sci-fi, adventure, fantasy, tragedy, parody... Though when it comes to original fiction, I have a strong fantasy bias. The canon just provides that part of it when I'm writing Pokémon fanfiction.

Only when the storyline calls for it, but my storylines tend to call for it quite a lot. I enjoy putting my characters through hell. More mentally than physically, but yeah.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    No. While my protagonists have both been tortured, I didn't do it for fun. I did it to show them as weak, temporarily, to give them a more realistic edge.

Bay

Years
    I prefer comedy and suspense. Those two genres are also the genres I enjoyed most, whether it be reading or watching tv/movies.

No, I don't torture my protagonist for fun. There would always be a reason for that. In fact, I always feel sorry that I did torture them. D:

txteclipse

The Last
    Years

Not "for fun," per se, but I definitely put my main characters through a lot of crap. Ren's had bones broken and was stabbed in the shoulder, the Latis got feathers ripped out, Kairn almost died of exposure, and that all happened in a period of two weeks. I still have fifty or so to go before the story is over. XD

I guess you could say it's a yes in that I don't exactly have to write the story this way, but on the other hand, I'm very, very fond of examples of the sci-fi genre that get like this. (Elfen Lied, anyone?)

Meh. Elfen Lied was too...clean. The pristine and colorful art style and bloody-but-precise dismemberment kind of sanitized the shock value for me. Try something along the lines of Now and Then, Here and There. They beat and rape children in that anime, and the art style's old and gritty. Got to me way more than Elfen Lied did.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back