• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Pokémon World Tournament

Sorvete

Novice
Years
  • Black 2 and White 2 introduced a brand new type of battle facility, the Pokémon World Tournament. There are a number of battle styles, including single, double, and triple battles, and you can either battle with your own Pokémon, or use some provided to you beforehand. The thing that mostly stands out is that you can battle Gym Leaders from previous generations of Pokémon here, as well as Champions and some other trainers.

What do you think of the PWT? Was it a good idea to implement in the games, or was it just a bad replacement for the Battle Frontier? And did you spend a lot of your time just battling the gym leaders for fun, or did you actually seek those Battle Points?

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I liked it and would like to see it return in future games (it probably won't though, knowing Game Freak)

Idk if it should be seen as a "replacement" for the Battle Frontier though, it is its own separate thing imo

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Pokemon World Tournament was a genuinely hard place, and I was never really able to get the hang of it. Especially the Leader Tournaments from the other regions, those are really difficult. I hear if you beat the leader tournaments, you can open up the Champion one. I'm not good enough at competitive Pokemon to be able to get there.

I really wish this would return though...I'm sure it never will, though.

Years
  • I love PWT and it's even my favorite battle facility. I played it a lot back in the day and I even play it now from time to time. Whenever I want to play Gen 5 again I boot up my main Gen 5 cartridge and I give the PWT a go. It was amazing to see and battle all of the previous gym leaders and champions again.

I beat all of the Leaders Tournaments as well as the World Leaders and Champions Tournaments more than once. At the moment I'm working on beating all of the Type Experts Tornaments so I can get that elusive All Types Champ Medal.

I wish that the PWT makes a comeback in one of the Switch titles but I highly doubt it especially now that not even all of the Pokemon will make it onto the Switch.

Years
  • pretty much the main thing that saved fifth gen for me, mostly because I was disappointed with Battle Subway and wanted something a bit more substantial. this is how you make an actual, enjoyable battle facility, tbh.

Back