• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen October CoroCoro ~ New Pokémon, Starter Evolutions & More!

Tyrunt or Amura?

• Tyrunt

Votes: 32 69.6%
  • Amura

Votes: 14 30.4%

• Total voters

blue

gucci
Years
  • Now that we've entered September we can expect to see this months issue of CoroCoro leak within a couple of weeks, there has been said to be a lot of focus around new Mega Evolutions and New Pokémon in this issue but what do you think will be revealed this month or what would you like to see showcased?

Do note that this is the final issue of CoroCoro before the global release of Pokémon X and Y so whether that will have an impact on how little or how much is leaked I don't know, but still speculate!

Updates​
    • 10:28 - Two new Mega Evolutions have been confirmed: Mega Mewtwo (2) & Mega Garchomp.​

• 10:53 - You can change your hair and clothes at a Boutique and Salon, Team Flare has five scientists, Kuseroshiki, Momiji, Bara, Akebi, Corea. Their ambition is to create a beautiful world.

• 11:30 - Mewtwo has two Mega Evolutions: the original is exclusive to Pokemon Y and the latest one is exclusive to Pokemon X. The new Mega Mewtwo is Psychic/Fighting and has Steadfast as its Ability.
    • Mega Garchomp has Sand Force as its Ability.​

• Fairy-type is super effective against Fighting, Dark, and Dragon, weak to Steel and Poison, resists Fighting, Dark,
      and Bug, is not very effective against Steel, Fire, and Poison, and is immune to Dragon.​

• Steel's Dark and Ghost resistances have now been removed from the type equation.​

• The second stage evolutions of the Starter Pokemon are revealed: Hariboogu is Chespin's evolution, Grass-type, and learns Mud Shot. Teerunaa is Fennekin's evolution, is Fire-type, learns Psycho Cut, and has a twig its tail. Gerogashira, Froakie's evolution, is Water-type and learns Bounce.

• Two Fossil Pokemon have been revealed, they are: Chigorasu, a Rock/Dragon type has the ability Hard Chin which increases the attack of moves involving the jaw. Amarusu, a Rock/Ice type, has the ability Freeze Skin. Like Normalize, it changes all its attacks to Ice-type.​

• Two new Pokemon are revealed: Torimian, a Normal-type is the Alpacca Pokémon showcased in the Pokémon Direct. It has Fur Coat as its Ability, which reduces damage to it. Nyaonikusu (Meowstick from the rumoured leaker), a Psychic-type cat, has gender differences and each gender has different movepools. It has Keen Eye or Infiltrator.​
    Scans
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    The new pokemon they reveal will probably come from that list of trademarked names that dedenne and bunnelby were a part of. We may finally get a look at Espurr and Meowstick. Also Oorotto might be officially revealed. With all of those we might end up getting only one or two completely new pokemon.

I don't have any particular hopes, just what I already expect like fairy type info, new pokemon and oorotto info. Starter evos would be welcome but not sure how likely that is.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • They usually revealed at least the middle evolution for the starters around this time so I'd like to see that. The type advantages and disadvantages of the Fairy type , more Mega evolutions and more info on Oorotto and it's final art would be fine too. I know the last bit of info for the leak info , such Espurr and Meowstick, has yet to be revealed so that as well along with other new Pokemon. (Hopefully not the full Pokedex cause I don't want all of the Pokemon not to be spoiled. I want some of them to surprise me when I see them.

Years
  • They usually revealed at least the middle evolution for the starters around this time so I'd like to see that. The type advantages and disadvantages of the Fairy type , more Mega evolutions and more info on Oorotto and it's final art would be fine too. I know the last bit of info for the leak info , such Espurr and Meowstick, has yet to be revealed so that as well along with other new Pokemon. (Hopefully not the full Pokedex cause I don't want all of the Pokemon not to be spoiled. I want some of them to surprise me when I see them.

Agreeing with him, I'm hoping they'll reveal at least middle evolutions of the starters so we can get some idea what the evolution lines might be themed around (like the rumors of Froakie's line being ninja frogs) but maybe keep final stages unrevealed until after game release. Also hoping they reveal the rumored Espurr and Meowstick (I guess they'll be resident cat Pokemon, since there's at least one cat-based line in most generations so far) and more Mega Evolutions. But the one I'm really hoping is the full list of type matchups for the Fairy-type so I can decide if I want to try the type out for myself.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • I'm hoping to see more screenshots of the Kalos region and how unique each town/route will be. We already know that there will be an updated type chart and more megalutions, so I'm looking forward to that. I'm also hoping for more new attacks, preferably moves that will prove useful against hordes.

pokerex

I'm awesome
    Years
  • I want to see how fairy reacts to other types. And maybe a few new pokemon.
    I do NOT want to know the starters evo's and all the mega's. I think it's way more fun to discover those by myself

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
    Years
  • Maybe they will reveal the middle evolution stages from the starters. It doesn't matter if they don't reveal the last ones, but boy, I honestly want to see them. I think Oorotto will finally be revealed officially and Mega Kangaskhan as well.

And also some Pokémon from this list. Dedenne and Horubii (Bunnelby) appear in it, so maybe it could be real:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

EJ Nero

Water forever
    Years
  • I want to see the starters' evolutions, more details about fairy types, new mega evolutions, a revelation of the story's antagonist, and also a little more detail on the Kalos region (size of its pokedex, more screenshots, etc).

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • New mega evolutions is to be expected, and although I'm doubtful, I'd really like to see the starter evolutions like everyone else. Even if they're just the mid-stage evolutions, I'd be content with that. Details on the new Fairy-type would be great too. I can't remember, but wasn't an updated type chart supposed to be revealed this month?

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2014
    I want so see the updated type chart, some more mega evolution's, new pokemon including the middle stage evolution's of the starters. Also, some more info on Team Flare and more gym leaders.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • This month would be the perfect timing to reveal the starter evolutions, with CoroCoro assuming it is being leaked on 12th would be exactly one month away from the worldwide release making it a worthy final scoop.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    It would be great if they have some more info on version differences to help us decide, I'm still quite on the fence.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I don't think it'll have the starters evolutions. The one released in October proably will but by then we'll most likely already be playing the games.

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    I would like to see more Megas and more information on Mega Evolution. Also I would like to see a strong Fire type Gym Leader be revealed for this Gen, those have always been my favorites in past Gens.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2020
    Well, hopefully with it being the final issue, like:

- 5/6 New Pokémon
    - 3/4 New Mega Evolutions
    - A bit more info about the four Gym Leaders we know (such as confirmation of Clemont, Grant and Korrina type specialties)
    - A prominent character, maybe the main antagonistic character or maybe Team Plasma admins.
    - Type chart (confirmed)
    - Possibly the first stage of the starter evolutions (although I think this might be something released next month shortly before the games release)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Its already been said that we are getting theee things for this coming CoroCoro, mega evolutions, some new pokemon, and the new type chart. If translationis to be believed, then these are supposed to be all that's in the next issue.

I think Kangaskhan's mega will be in the new coro coro. I'm hoing to say at least five other pokemon to match the last one.

I'm expecting another small show of a few new fairy type pokemon since the type chart is being revealed. It seens like a good time to show more.

That's all I expect.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    Well, we know that Fairy takes normal damage from Normal, Grass, Water, Fire, Ground, Rock, Flying, and Electric, based on videos released so far.

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
    Years
  • Last month, if I recall(and others on here have as well), that they plan on showing new Pokemon, new Mega Evolutions, and the refurbished type chart coinciding with Fairy-types.

Whether or not they show the starter evolutions is fine by me. After months of wanting this, I have given up with it.

I also hope that the rumor which included Dedenne and Bunnelby is true, since it's the only rumor that I can agree and be okay with. I mean, who doesn't want a ice-type wolf Pokemon?

Back